Page 206 of 414 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Toronto does not have first dibs, the Leafs have the same waiver spot they would if they were claiming anyone else. However, if the Leafs are awarded the waiver claim they can send a reclaimed player directly to the Marlies while every other team would have to keep them on the NHL squad.
    I do believe they get the opportunity to trade for him before he clears waivers. I don't quite get the whole waiver rules, but I do think Toronto gets a chance to trade for him, if they think they won't get the waiver claim.

I posted the waiver rules on that in a previous post. <<<<------https://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?97642-Toronto-Maple-Leafs/page227
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I do believe they get the opportunity to trade for him before he clears waivers. I don't quite get the whole waiver rules, but I do think Toronto gets a chance to trade for him, if they think they won't get the waiver claim.

I posted the waiver rules on that in a previous post. <<<<------https://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?97642-Toronto-Maple-Leafs/page227

Pickard will likely be waived as he didn't really perform well in his stint (but then again no goalie is playing well in Philly). Mack is a sad case... I honestly hope he doesnt get waived and can play as a backup there, or he does get waived and the leafs pass on him and somebody else makes him the backup. Sparks is the leafs backup now and he's earned a shot at that, but all Mack has done in the past 3 years is show up to different teams and play better than he's expected to. There's no point in the leafs signing him to start for the Marlies... it's a waste of everyone's time. I hope Pickard gets waived and the leafs claim him. He's still basically a "prospect" as far as goalies go, so claiming him and making him a starter in the AHL and call up possibility would be good for his development. Again it's so sad to see Mack go somewhere, play better than your asked and then probably be waived because you're older and cheaper. If the Hurricanes think they are any kind of contender they should keep the guy.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Big Daddy

For those tracking, Dubas is attending the Hurricanes-Sharks matchup tonight.

Carolina has been the one team known by mainstream media to be very interested in Nylander so this is interesting. Maybe Dubas is playing the waiting game with Waddell to see how much he is willing to offer? I’d pass on Faulk and Pesce. Anything less than Hamilton and there is no deal for me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe Dubas is playing mind games

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post

Carolina has been the one team known by mainstream media to be very interested in Nylander so this is interesting. Maybe Dubas is playing the waiting game with Waddell to see how much he is willing to offer? I’d pass on Faulk and Pesce. Anything less than Hamilton and there is no deal for me.
    Haha, getting Hamilton, that's funny.

In reality, they probably need to add a bit to get Faulk or Pesce. Defensemen have a ton more value compared to wingers.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Haha, getting Hamilton, that's funny.

In reality, they probably need to add a bit to get Faulk or Pesce. Defensemen have a ton more value compared to wingers.
    Nylander plus a mid-round pick or B level prospect should be enough to land Nylander. Adding to Nylander to acquire a Faulk or Pesce, that's funny.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nylander plus a mid-round pick or B level prospect should be enough to land Nylander. Adding to Nylander to acquire a Faulk or Pesce, that's funny.
    What's funny is how out of touch team fans usually are with their player valuations. That's why I'm happy I don't have favorite teams, so I can offer my unbiased opinions. You can choose to ignore them as much as you want, doesn't really affect me in any way.

Dobber Sports Titan

The value of D are high, and it shot even higher after the Larsson/Hall deal. It set a market really.

Toronto will always lose a Nylander for D trade, just how it is. To me though, I think having Nylander on the team is more overall beneficial than trading him for his market value D. Nylander is getting you what Toronto has plenty of, 3-6th D-man. Toronto needs a No2 (as Rielly is their No1, and No1 don't get traded) and Nylander alone ain't getting that.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You can choose to ignore them as much as you want, doesn't really affect me in any way.
    I didn't ignore your opinion, I actually did the exact opposite by commentating on your post. That's what we are here to do right? Discuss topics on a message board. I will agree with you in that some fans overvalue their teams' players in trade discussions but I cannot agree with the opinion that you would have to add a piece to Nylander in order to land a Pesce. Agree to disagree I guess.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Wizard

I didn't ignore your opinion, I actually did the exact opposite by commentating on your post. That's what we are here to do right? Discuss topics on a message board. I will agree with you in that some fans overvalue their teams' players in trade discussions but I cannot agree with the opinion that you would have to add a piece to Nylander in order to land a Pesce. Agree to disagree I guess.
    If Nylander was actually signed and playing, they could get a Pesce type defenseman without adding anything. But his value goes down without a contract, and the longer things stay like that, the lower his trade value goes. The Maple Leafs are not trading from a position of strength, so it's not like they're getting full value if they choose to trade him. So yes, they would likely need to add a little bit to get him right now. Not a 1st round pick or anything but I could see the Canes wanting a secondary piece. Pesce's contract and playing style is very similar to Adam Larsson. Other teams are not trying to help the Maple Leafs, they're trying to improve their own teams.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd pass on Faulk as well but Carolina would deny a Hamilton request fairly easily. Slavin or Pesce would be the best likely targets and yes, I also believe the Toronto would possibly have too add a sweetener.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Big Daddy

Regardless of what we think Nylander’s worth is in a trade with Carolina, it is all likely irrelevant. I think it is highly unlikely Nylander is traded.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I'd pass on Faulk as well but Carolina would deny a Hamilton request fairly easily. Slavin or Pesce would be the best likely targets and yes, I also believe the Toronto would possibly have too add a sweetener.
    They're definitely not getting Slavin, that guy is a stud. I'm pretty sure his trade value is higher than Hamilton's. Every team in the league would want their hands on a guy like Slavin.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
    Marleau-Kadri-Marner
    Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown
    Ennis-Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
    Gardiner-Zaits
    Marincin-Oz

Andersen

PP1:
    Kadri, Tavares, Marner, Rielly and Kapanen

Kapanen getting a huge reward for his play with Matthews now hurt.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Happy Halloween from Carlton http://dailyhive.com/toronto/carlton...alloween-prank

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Halloween from Carlton http://dailyhive.com/toronto/carlton...alloween-prank
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4