Page 203 of 412 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

can't open the link
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Undertaker theme song has my vote - good call!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, all would be intimidating when that unit hops over the boards. Honestly like Barney theme song would intimidate some.

JT did well covering Ovi on the Caps PP. That was actually a fun thing to watch, just because it was a bit of a chess match between JT and Ovi. Fun game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Also I know it's been said he a bunch, but omg Don Cherry. He honestly is way too old to be on TV saying what he's saying now. He rips a player one week, then says he's the best another week. Then he goes on and complains about Matthews celebrating in the Chicago game.

It's called fun buddy. European trick? Patrick Kane cellys often, Seguin does too, I'm sure Benn has done a celly in the past. And I'm not sure if he's saying "I'm sure he got it from his dad" comment was directed at Benn or Matthews, but if it's directed at Matthews, WOAH Don what in the world was that dig for? https://youtu.be/JnOyWpOfuyY?t=298

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looks like the Leafs are rolling with the same lineup as they did against the Caps, but with Sparky in net. I like the consistency and Leivo and Ozhiganov had great games, glad to see them kept in. Also, Reilly was named the second star of the week.

Kristen Shilton@kristen_shilton

#Leafs lines at morning skate (vs. LA tonight):
    Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
    Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
    Leivo--Johnsson
    Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Dermott-Ozhiganov
    Marincin-Holl

AndersenSparks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ozhi looks great.. solid Dman right there. Leivo seems to be settling in - nice to see him get some TOI for a change. One thing I've already noticed from last season - puck pursuit and backchecking is better than last year already.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ozhi looks great.. solid Dman right there. Leivo seems to be settling in - nice to see him get some TOI for a change. One thing I've already noticed from last season - puck pursuit and backchecking is better than last year already.
    Igor has a FREAKING BLAST. People boasted about his shot but I never saw it, then he took a BITE out of that Caps player who decided to block it.

Big Daddy

Garret Sparks starting vs. LA tonight and some kid named Eamon McAdam has been called up as an emergency back-up but still no word on what's up with Andersen.

Per Elliot Friedman's twitter:
    Third-year pro Eamon McAdam -- from ECHL Newfoundland -- will be TOR's emergency goalie tonight. Kasimir Kaskisuo was injured on the weekend and Jeff Glass is on an AHL-only deal.

Eamon McAdam: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...r=Y&pid=134407
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Garret Sparks starting vs. LA tonight and some kid named Eamon McAdam has been called up as an emergency back-up but still no word on what's up with Andersen.

Per Elliot Friedman's twitter:
    Third-year pro Eamon McAdam -- from ECHL Newfoundland -- will be TOR's emergency goalie tonight. Kasimir Kaskisuo was injured on the weekend and Jeff Glass is on an AHL-only deal.

Eamon McAdam: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...r=Y&pid=134407
    Pretty sure he was the guy they got back in the Matt Martin deal.

Game 7, Andersen played in 5/7 games, translating to roughly to 58-59games played this yr. That's exactly what Andersen needs to be at.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nylander and his dad must be weeping right now... his annual salary is reduced by $100k after each Kapanen goal

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Monday morning quarterback and all, but why is Dubas getting a pass for backing them into a corner and then allowing their goalie depth to be decimated via waivers?
    He had all summer to work out a trade for a waiver-exempt goalie or 2. Sparks was coming off a great season, as was Pickard and McElhinney. Why not sell high, so to speak, and leave yourself with some roster flexibility when beginning of October rolls around.
    Now, suddenly, their goalie depth is a mess. Seems like rookie asset management but he's a nice guy and nobody wants to be too hard on him yet.
    Prolly because of 2 reasons:
    1 - very few teams needed a backup goalie. Whoever was picking up Pickard, McEhlinney, or Sparks would have to keep them on their NHL roster. And none of those goalies are starters really. Check the bad teams out. Ottawa, Detroit, Florida, Rangers, Vegas, Islanders, Buffalo, Vancouver, Jersey and so on. They all typically have their 2 goalies.
    2 - Because few teams needed a backup goalie, they knew Toronto's situation. Someone had to go on waivers, and knowing Dubas, typically 2 would have to go on. Why trade a 7th when you knew you'd likely get a backup for free? And if you didn't get one of the two, someone would place a goalie eventually on Waivers for you to pickup.

BONUS REASON:
    It's a backup goalie, so in an ideal world, they play 20-25games, and you want them to be 0.500 if you wanna make the playoffs. The difference between Brossoit (prolly the worst backup goalie in the league) and 1yr of Pickard might be, at best, 6games. Now if you have Brossoit you'd play your starter more. So what would you rather have, Helly for 68games, Brossoit for 14, and that 7th round pick or Helly for 62games, Pickard for 20games.

Helly @ 68 games - 45wins
    Brossoit @ 14 games - 6wins
    Team - 51wins

Helly @ 62 games - 42wins
    Pickard @ 20games - 10wins
    Team - 52 wins

Personally I'm thinking option 2, but is 1win worth the additional salary in Pickard (0.800, UFA after this yr) vs Brossoit (0.650 RFA after this yr)?

In reality, Pickard is likely hitting waivers once Neuvirth and his 2.5mill are healthy again. Leafs have first crack at him, and once he's claimed by the Leafs, they can place him right on the Marlies. So Leafs get what they want in the end. Andersen and Sparks in the NHL, Pickard in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    In reality, Pickard is likely hitting waivers once Neuvirth and his 2.5mill are healthy again. Leafs have first crack at him, and once he's claimed by the Leafs, they can place him right on the Marlies. So Leafs get what they want in the end. Andersen and Sparks in the NHL, Pickard in the AHL.
    Where is this "first crack" thinking coming from? I've heard it multiple times but it's just not true. Order is based on rankings. If the Leafs put in a claim AND they're the only team to do so, they're allowed to send him to the AHL. And even that clause is in place for certain number of days from the time they put him on waivers for the first time. All other teams are allowed to claim him as well but obviously then he needs to stay on NHL roster.

So yes, it's possible he ends up with the Marlies at some point. But what "first crack"? There's no such thing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Where is this "first crack" thinking coming from? I've heard it multiple times but it's just not true. Order is based on rankings. If the Leafs put in a claim AND they're the only team to do so, they're allowed to send him to the AHL. And even that clause is in place for certain number of days from the time they put him on waivers for the first time. All other teams are allowed to claim him as well but obviously then he needs to stay on NHL roster.

So yes, it's possible he ends up with the Marlies at some point. But what "first crack"? There's no such thing.
    I was always under the impression that if a team that has claimed a player off another team waives that same player, the original team gets "first crack" at claiming that player, and they get to instantly put him in the minors because that was the original plan for the original team before the claiming team came in.

I could be wrong there though. I am just remembering the Griffith and Frk happenings, so I could EASILY be remembering the rules wrong.

---EDIT---
    I have a PDF of the NHL CBA (2013) I'll read the Waiver rules tonight and see if I can make heads and tails of the legal jargon that is in that thing.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I could be wrong there though. I am just remembering the Griffith and Frk happenings, so I could EASILY be remembering the rules wrong.
    Those two players both came to mind as I was reading through the last few posts. I think you maybe correct.

As for bad asset management by Dubas. The Leafs were always going to lose at least one of McEhlinney or Pickard on waivers but it was hoped one of them could squeeze through. It was also bad timing as Scott Darling's injury announcement came a few hours after they were placed on waivers. There was no trade market for these guys though. It was reported that Dubas was shopping around Pickard before and during training camp and even if there was a suitor, we wouldn't have received anything more than a 7th round pick. Bad timing also came into play yesterday. Andersen was supposed to start but tweaked his knee in practice. Just so happens that Marlies started Kaskisuo was injured the night before as well or else he would have been recalled to sit on the bench. Jeff Glass in on an AHL only contract which prompted McAdam to be promoted all the way from the ECHL. A perfect sh*t storm if you will. Let's just hope Sparks can hold the fort and Andersen's knee isn't anything serious.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström