Page 187 of 414 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs sign 4 guys to entry deals, one of them is Igor Ozhiganov
    https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-sign-four-t...eals-1.1088137

Rumours are that the Leafs are looking at Justin Faulk. I kinda doubt the Leafs get Faulk though
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Rumours are that the Leafs are looking at Justin Faulk. I kinda doubt the Leafs get Faulk though
    I could see a Kapanen for Faulk swap.
    The Canes are collecting Finns like baseball cards and Kapanen's dad was a popular player for the organization.
    Leafs need to boost D and the price for Faulk will be less than Hamilton, etc.

Dobber Sports Deity

If that's all it would cost to get Faulk (Kapanen), the Oilers should be pounding on Carolina's door. Makes the Risto for Klefbom + 10 OA trade scenario even worse.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I could see a Kapanen for Faulk swap.
    The Canes are collecting Finns like baseball cards and Kapanen's dad was a popular player for the organization.
    Leafs need to boost D and the price for Faulk will be less than Hamilton, etc.
    One offensive weapon the Leafs lack right now is a booming shot from the point. Zaitsev has a decent one.. but he uses it like twice a year... someone tell that dude to wind it up.

I like the Ozhigenov signing... should slide into bottom pair immediately and has 2nd pair upside. Literally slid into Zaitsev's slot on his KHL team when Zaitsev signed with Tor. Leafs have high regard for him becoming a top 4. One of the main reasons (I'm convinced) they felt they didn't need to make a deal for a Dman).. time will tell if they're right.

- - - Updated - - -

and I guess I'm alone on the Dubas - Potter thing eh?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd be very surprised to see Ozhiganov being a top-four defenseman. He's turning 26, so it's not like he's young anymore. He played behind Nesterov and Marchenko who couldn't find a permanent home in the NHL. I like his skating and physical play but don't see him doing anything offensively in the NHL and I don't see him being a true shutdown defenseman either.

I like Engvall, he has some real talent. Needs to add a lot of muscle, though.

Dobber Sports Titan

Carrick has the hardest shot on the Leafs Blue line, maybe Polak did. Zaitsev seems to try and be like Franson where he just tries to get it through than to blast it.

Honestly I like how the D on 5on5 are just putting it at the net, but on the PP they need the defenseman to be able to blast it to keep the killers honest. Tampas and Washingtons PP showcase a defenseman who can shoot, but pass is their first shot.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    There was a very interesting article in the Athletic recently about Dubas and his heavy shift in philosophy away from Hunter's. There was some kid, Ryan something I think, who the Leafs were targeting in the late 1st round under Hunter, but now... not so much. Why? No more low ceiling picks.
    i.e. Past regimes, including Hunter, were ok with sacrificing potential for certainty. Dubas, it appears, is much more of a "never draft low ceiling guys" - e.g. Gauthier. This guy was never going to be more than a 2nd liner, and now it looks like he's a longshot to be a 4th liner... so why waste a pick on a low ceiling guy like that ?

It's exciting to think about. The risk is obviously striking out on too many potential studs all around the same time.
    There's no doubt in 2015 the Leafs went pure - high ceiling (well Desrochers aside) but last year, Liljigren aside - they really seemed to go safe especially with Rasanen, & Gordeev.

I don't think anyone can make a rational argument that Korshkov '16 was a safe pick. not with the guys that were drafted immediately after him -Benson, Asplund, Kyrou, just a touch further down - Hajek, Mascherin, DeBrincat. -- I'll be tuning into Korshkov a lot this upcoming KHL season with the hopes he gets playing time & this doesn't like such a wild blind stab of a pick anymore.

Dubas definitely has a different philosophy than Hunter - he throws in some analytics as well - but does not rely on them or ignore old school hockey intangibles.

I'll go on record - I think 2018 NHL Draft for Toronto is going to be the best draft - rounds 2-7 of the past 5 years (yes, including '15 with Dermott, Bracco, Dzierkals, Timashov, Nielsen)

That was Hunters 1st draft - 1st year he and Dubas were AGM's - wonder if Dubas held more influence on that draft than the following drafts? Hunter's prowess to an extent has ridden the success of that draft. I can't say the next two would rank in the top drafts when compared to how other teams fared

Dobber Sports Jedi

random thought - I'd love to see after a huge Andersen save, have "Here's Freddy" - with some slashing sounds from Nightmare on Elm Street play in the arena....

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    random thought - I'd love to see after a huge Andersen save, have "Here's Freddy" - with some slashing sounds from Nightmare on Elm Street play in the arena....
    Or when Matthews scores they play the "Auston" Powers theme song.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Austin Powers theme song would be fantastic.
    It would become just as annoying to visiting players and fans as Chelsea Dagger song in Chicago.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Titan

Prospects being interviewed by Dubas have had nothing but glowing reviews at how smart he is. Saying he's one of the best they've met.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Prospects being interviewed by Dubas have had nothing but glowing reviews at how smart he is. Saying he's one of the best they've met.
    any other GM's getting post interview report cards? Heh... oh man.

this will be the best/smartest draft the Leafs have had in the past 5 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    any other GM's getting post interview report cards? Heh... oh man.

this will be the best/smartest draft the Leafs have had in the past 5 years.
    I'm also sure these 17/18yr olds relate to Dubas a lot more, and like the modern way he thinks more than the 50/60yr old GMs. Even his speech pattern puts them at ease a lot more than the other GMs. So could just be they are more relaxed around Dubas than others.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm also sure these 17/18yr olds relate to Dubas a lot more, and like the modern way he thinks more than the 50/60yr old GMs. Even his speech pattern puts them at ease a lot more than the other GMs. So could just be they are more relaxed around Dubas than others.
    the thing about drafting at #25 is how many players you have to interview. You interview the top prospects to get meet them.. then it gets wide open.

How can you not be relaxed around Dubas? These kids grew up on Harry Potter, now they sit face to face with him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Hmmm.
    Matthews has switched agencies.
    (Source: James Mirtle twitter)
    Who's his new agency? The Orr group... Same one that handles McDavid.
    #ShowMeTheMoney!
    He wants that McDavid money