Page 151 of 414 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

171 games till game 1 i think.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    171 games till game 1 i think.
    this confuses me. heh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    this confuses me. heh
    171 days*** till opening game***

ugh, tough day i guess lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

171 days*** till opening game***

ugh, tough day i guess lol.
    it's about to get tougher. 171 days takes us to November 29th, heh

Dobber Sports Jedi

(July, Aug, Sept= 92days + 4 days lft in June + Oct 4 opening night - 100 days)

Dobber Sports Titan

(July, Aug, Sept= 92days + 4 days lft in June + Oct 4 opening night - 100 days)
    Well that sign at Boston Pizza with the "Next game counter" was wrong as hell.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Well that sign at Boston Pizza with the "Next game counter" was wrong as hell.
    maybe that's when the Centre Ice Package goes on sale?? heh.

Dobber Sports Titan

maybe that's when the Centre Ice Package goes on sale?? heh.
    December 14th/15th 2017 is what they were counting down to. @Minny @Detroit B2B....maybe they know something I dont

Dobber Sports Jedi

December 14th/15th 2017 is what they were counting down to. @Minny @Detroit B2B....maybe they know something I dont
    Travel package with tix? wouldn't be the 1st time

The Great One

Maple Leafs Draft.

Liljegren. Im sure we all know about by now.

Eemeli Rasanen was the Leafs 2nd round pick.....

Eemeli was selected in the second round of the 2016 CHL Import Draft by the Kingston Frontenacs. He previously played for Assat U18 and U20 teams last season. He also participated in the World Under 17 Challenge. This season Rasanen played at the Ivan Hlinka and after the season he competed at the IIHF Under 18 Championships. Eemeli had a bit of a rough start to the season. Early on it seemed that he was struggling with the speed of the OHL and he often got himself caught out of position.

He improved greatly over the course of the season. He became more comfortable and came into his own late in the year and in the playoffs. He is an exceptionally big defenseman, just a hair under 6'07" and potentially still growing. He’s a physical player who can deliver crushing checks. He does fairly well along the boards. He isn't overly quick down there but he is imposing and has a good stick in battles. For a big defenseman, he is actually a very effective passer. He advances the puck up ice and goes D to D, but if he has no quick option, he'll often go glass and out. He does still have his share of mental lapses with the puck, but it has improved since the early part of the season.

In the offensive zone he moves the puck well, but he also possesses a huge shot from the point. When he gets it through he is a threat to either score or create a rebound. Defensively he uses the his and his stick well and his backwards skating improved over the the season. However, he needs to work on his pivoting, he can get crossed up facing speedy, agile opponents. He generally does fine against bigger opponents. Rasanen has taken some bad penalties in our viewings Eemeli has tremendous upside.

He has potential to be a top four defenseman at the NHL level. He has shown good adjustment to the North American game and has shown steady progress throughout the year. He still has his flaws and is still growing into his size. There is a bust factor that comes with the boom, but he already has plenty to his game that makes the expectations for him to be at least that of a serviceable defenseman in the NHL.
    Leafs selected goaltender Ian Scott and center Vladislav Kara in the 4th.
    Ian Scott is a goaltender with good size who competed his second full season for the Prince Albert Raiders posting a 3.69 GAA and .895 SV% in 50 games played. He also started 4 games for Team Canada at the U18s and he had a 4.02 GAA and .861 SV% in those starts. Scott had a tough year as his numbers show, playing on team that went 21-44. His team did not help him much and in all viewings of Scott in Prince Albert, he was peppered with the opposition receiving many high quality chances throughout his starts.

Scott is fluid in his net for a big goaltender. His movements in his crease are crisp and refined and he moves laterally quickly. He does not tend to over-commit or get caught sprawling around the net and his game is structured. In most viewings, his positioning has not hurt him, he has been in the right place at the right time, in good depth at the top of his crease. He takes up a lot of the net when in position.

Ian is athletic for his size and has at times made some very difficult saves in the splits or sliding in the butterfly on a cross-ice play. He has no issue skating quickly behind the net and handling tough rims.

He has a calm relaxed demeanor and has not shown any poor body language in viewings this season despite many tough outings. In one viewing this season, he was run over by an opposing forward and he got up and played as if nothing had happened, a great reaction to the play. Despite his physical skills, Scott did not make enough saves this season, both with his Junior Club and with Team Canada at the U18s. He looked solid and in position prior to a shot, but pucks found a way to get into the net and he often did not come up with a key save at a crucial point in a game. A lot of trouble came from his inability to lock pucks up in his body. On many occasions, shots trickled through his arms leading to goals or easy tap-in goals. His rebound control was very inconsistent. He had a bad habit of kicking pucks right to the opposition and he lacked some on-ice awareness of where opposing forwards were located on the ice. Scott had a tough year and although he looks poised and in position in the crease, he has arguably drifted from the top tier of goaltenders because of his inability to make enough saves to keep his team in games.
    I have nothing on Vladislav Kara......

5th round the Leafs drafted defenceman Fedor Gordeev.

Fedor was drafted in the third round of the 2015 OHL Priority Selection Draft by the Hamilton Bulldogs. He split last season between the Hamilton Bulldogs and the Ancaster Avalanche of the GOJHL. Fedor started this season with the Hamilton Bulldogs, before being dealt to the Flint Firebirds early in the season.

Gordeev has outstanding size from the defensive position, and has a little experience playing left wing prior to his time with the Flint Firebirds. He has surprising ability with the puck when rushing up ice and is capable of beating defenders one on one and has a good shot. For a 6'06"+ defender he skates fairly well. He protects the puck well and is very difficult to take the puck from when he's protecting and moving his feet. He is a bit of a work in progress defensively. In situations where the play has slowed down he is at his best. When he's in an area like the corner or along the wall he wins his share of battles and can impose on opponents with his size. He also does a pretty good job tying up his opponent in the slot and can use his size against opponents. In transition he is able to stick with the play but struggled with his decision making when forced to make quick decisions and under pressure. He pivots late one on one, and can get drawn out of position at times chasing the play. His puck moving had been pretty solid in Minor Midget and in Jr. B but seemed to lose a little confidence with the puck as the season went on and his puck play was very hit or miss.

Fedor has some clear upside as a big defender at the next level. His skating is good for his size, and he actually has a track record of having some offensive upside playing at lower levels. He is also an intimidating defender in his own zone who could be a physical force if he continues to add muscle to his frame. He can carry the puck up ice, but will need to refine his game, make better decisions when under pressure and regain some of the confidence he seemed to lose this season.
    6th round, forward, Ryan McGregor

McGregor was selected in the second round of the 2015 OHL Draft by the Sarnia Sting. In Minor Midget Ryan was the offensive catalyst for his Minor Midget team the Burlington Eagles. At times he was given prime offensive opportunities with the Sting as a 16 year old. He had a very strong first year and put himself in a position to be a player to watch for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. Unfortunately he struggled to produce offensively despite getting some solid opportunities with the Sting. He only improved by 3 points on his
    offensive numbers.

Ryan is a strong skater and handles the puck well on the rush. He has good hands at speed and has the ability to gain the offensive zone and set up for opportunities. Despite his speed and puck skills, if defenders caught him, he's was too easy to knock off the puck. He is nearly six feet tall, however he has a very slender frame and needs to put on significant amount of muscle before being able to play at the pro level. He has skating and hands, but his hockey sense was questionable at times this season. He forechecks with his stick and it’s very rare to see him deliver a bodycheck. Ryan has some tools that are the level of NHL prospects, but lacks the size and appears to lack the hockey sense in order to put it all together.
    7th round, Ryan O'Connell
    Ryan O'Connell is a simplistic, two-way defender with strong mobility. A player who is at his best in possession, O'Connell often utilizes his skating abilities to lead transition attacks up ice and into the offensive zone. Ryan makes strong decisions in possession and can create while keeping his feet moving up ice. While O'Connell thrives as a puck carrier, he is equally as strong as a puck distributor, seeing the ice very well and making a hard and accurate first pass. Offensively O'Connell creates from the back end with his vision and puck distribution skills, however also displays an underrated shot along with the ability to open shooting lanes and get pucks on goal with his quick feet and release. O'Connell contains well in transition, closing his gaps well and angling opponents to low percentage areas of the ice before separating player from puck with simple contact or by poking the puck free. O'Connell isn't overly physical but does show good strength to his game. Ryan's strength defensively comes from anticipating the play, strong body positioning and an active stick. O'Connell is expected to suit up for the Penticton Vees of the BCHL next season before joining Boston University for the 2018-2019 season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

O'Connell is intriguing... it's rare a player gets drafted BEFORE playing a game in the BCHL. Normally it's their year transferring to the NCAA where these players are drafted. This could be a really good late round find. He's going to one of the best BCHL franchises as well. The Vees contend every damn year.

The Great One

Niagara Ice Dogs just drafted Liljegren in the CHL import draft 13th overall.

I highly doubt he comes over but I wonder if Niagara can sway him......or if they trade him to London?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Niagara Ice Dogs just drafted Liljegren in the CHL import draft 13th overall.

I highly doubt he comes over but I wonder if Niagara can sway him......or if they trade him to London?
    I think he's better off playing vs. men in the SEL.. if he doesn't make his SEL team... than this could be an option he would consider... I wouldn't bet on it though

Dobber Sports Titan

Do the rules of CHL or NHL (No AHL) still apply to him if he's drafted out of Europe?

Dobber Sports Jedi

No he can be sent to the AHL. Same as Kapanen when he was 18. but he's aleady said he's staying in Sweden next year.