Page 137 of 414 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Agree with Lucafen here. Nice addition at a reasonable price. Choice to re-sign. He's managed to play with Tampa's top dogs at various stages not to mention getting some decent time on the PP there. Like the deal.

And Lucafen...than you for pulling me out of the Ottawa/Burrows/Evnonsense thread and helping me get my baring's!
    haha.. welcome... if only the Leaf thread was trolled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    So what you all think of Olesky? How does he compare to Marincin etc.
    I doubt he makes a difference. can fill with injuries - other than he can enjoy a depth role on the Marlies
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

These OT/SO losses will keep them out of the playoffs. But Quick had some amazing saves in the SO, but blowing a 2goal lead in the 3rd is not acceptable.

I didn’t see Matthews attempt, but he’s had a terrible time at SO, I’d be keeping him off the SO and throwing in Bozak or Kadri.

- - - Updated - - -

These OT/SO losses will keep them out of the playoffs. But Quick had some amazing saves in the SO, but blowing a 2goal lead in the 3rd is not acceptable.

I didn?t see Matthews attempt, but he?s had a terrible time at SO, I?d be keeping him off the SO and throwing in Bozak or Kadri.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Next 5 Games: No time for nights off, no gimmes either

Sat, Mar 11 @Carolina 4:00PM PST Preview
    Tue, Mar 14 @Florida 4:30PM PDT Preview
    Thu, Mar 16 @Tampa Bay 4:30PM PDT Preview
    Sat, Mar 18 Chicago 4:00PM PDT Preview
    Mon, Mar 20 Boston 4:30PM PDT Preview

The Great One

1) I don't really think Matthews cares. Seems like the king of kid who wouldn't care. Would love to win it but wouldn't dwell that he doesn't. Maybe it'd bother him a bit. Hyman is so good at all the little things and impresses me more as the season goes on. Obviously agree he's stifling Matthews offensive production but that rookie line has been so impressive all year.

2) I agree about Soshnikov. Question is who gets demoted? Id rather Hyman than Soshnikov but I wouldn't be opposed to switching them out mid/late game for some needed offence.

3) Agreed.

4) So this is what it feels like to have a star goalie, again. Yes, Andersen is a star.

5) I think they could. Hope not. Rychel would get claimed 100%; because there wouldn't be anyone better to claim from Toronto.

6) Whats Boyles next contract? Is he worth it?

Dobber Sports Genius

It's likely that they vote for Matthews anyway, so talking like he's going to get robbed or whatever for the Calder is way premature. No wrong choice there, really. Both are amazing, and there are numerous reasons to go with either player. I still think they're voting Matthews, unless Laine really turns it up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Matthews has gone cold over the last couple of weeks. I can see them giving the Calder to whoever catches fire over this final stretch.

Dobber Sports Genius

Everything I've heard indicates that Matthews has more sway because he plays center, and that Laine would have to have a bunch more goals/points to turn the tide. That may happen, but Laine's got his own hill to climb to get there. None of it matters, of course. It's never a true indication of who will be (or sometimes even who currently is) the better player. At any rate, Jets and Leafs fans should be very excited.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Boyle will take a bit less if he sees a real chance to win. That's all he wants to do. I think he has already discovered he fits real well with Tor. I could see a 2-3yr 2-3m per contract coming his way

Dobber Sports Ace

20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Jedi

Well that game blew solid chunks.... Thurs vs. TB is YUUUUUUUUUUGE

The Great One

We don't make playoffs this year but these games are invaluable.

Happy that this team is able to play meaningful games this late in the year. Definitely ahead of schedule.

They gotta work on the D next season. It's the most glaring weakness, obviously.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

[QUOTE=goavsgo;1744768]A few shirt designs I whipped up, let me know what you think!

[url]https://teespring.com/magic

Saw your earlier post in the Jets thread.

Really like the Magic Mitch shirt (Better colours than white would be appreciated). And Personally, I was hoping for a better Auston theme than Powers.

Hatrik Laine is a good one, but I'm more interested in the leafs. Will Ny.. took me a couple tries on that one as the first went over my head. Now I like it!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yup, true enough.
    It's more than the D too. I hate to say it, but someone has to... the coaching is not always as brilliant as the media would have us believe. Babcock keeps trying to pound a square peg into a round hole matching up Rielly and Zaitsev against top guys. It's NOT working. Try Gardiner and Carrick (when healthy), try mixing up the pairs, or just let the match-ups fall where they may. Rielly and Zaitsev are good players but they've proven, so far, they can't be trusted as a shutdown pairing.

Another Babcock mystery... WHY is Leivo watching? Seriously, what more could that kid have done to stay in the lineup? He produced in almost every game and looked great out there.
    Lonny Bohonos 2.0 methinks.

Crazy.

im still trying to figure this out.But thet hing is we dont know everything behind the scenes

Dobber Sports Ace

[QUOTE=havanablast21;1745069]
    Quote Originally Posted by goavsgo View Post
    A few shirt designs I whipped up, let me know what you think!

[url]https://teespring.com/magic

Saw your earlier post in the Jets thread.

Really like the Magic Mitch shirt (Better colours than white would be appreciated). And Personally, I was hoping for a better Auston theme than Powers.

Hatrik Laine is a good one, but I'm more interested in the leafs. Will Ny.. took me a couple tries on that one as the first went over my head. Now I like it!
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I've added a new Magic Mitch in navy blue, hope you like it! I hope to have a new Auston design, as well as others, up in the next couple of days too. Cheers.

https://teespring.com/magic-mitch_blue/
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yup, true enough.
    It's more than the D too. I hate to say it, but someone has to... the coaching is not always as brilliant as the media would have us believe. Babcock keeps trying to pound a square peg into a round hole matching up Rielly and Zaitsev against top guys. It's NOT working. Try Gardiner and Carrick (when healthy), try mixing up the pairs, or just let the match-ups fall where they may. Rielly and Zaitsev are good players but they've proven, so far, they can't be trusted as a shutdown pairing.

Another Babcock mystery... WHY is Leivo watching? Seriously, what more could that kid have done to stay in the lineup? He produced in almost every game and looked great out there.
    Lonny Bohonos 2.0 methinks.
    Crazy.
    Maybe they know their goal isn?t to make the playoffs, so they are training by fire. Also yr by yr I?m watching Rielly become less and less likely as that top guy. His contract is great for the team because it?s fairly cheap, but he?s not that D1/2 guy. Styles aren?t similar but I really hope this doesn?t turn into a Dion situation.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll