Page 12 of 414 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    wondering if i can get some insight into lupul with toronto next season?
    Lupul finished off last season strong. I expect him to come in with a decent season next year. In 54 games last year he had 14 goals and 17 assists. In the 28 games with Toronto he had 9 goals and 9 assists. If he played a full season with that production it would be 26 goals and a 52 point season. Realistic expectations for Lupul are 20 to 25 goals and 50 to 60 points. If leafs manage to get a quality No. 1 center those numbers would go up. If they landed Richards (highly unlikely) Lupul could score over 30 goals.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    Lupul finished off last season strong. I expect him to come in with a decent season next year. In 54 games last year he had 14 goals and 17 assists. In the 28 games with Toronto he had 9 goals and 9 assists. If he played a full season with that production it would be 26 goals and a 52 point season. Realistic expectations for Lupul are 20 to 25 goals and 50 to 60 points. If leafs manage to get a quality No. 1 center those numbers would go up. If they landed Richards (highly unlikely) Lupul could score over 30 goals.
    Lupul is a perfect compliment to Kessel. Kessel is streaky, fast, and can release the puck like none other. Lupul is a big body that can step in front of the net, create room for Phil, and also be able to pot the puck when he needs to. Nice analysis Kbooks.

I will be away for July 1st free agency and beyond that. Anyone is welcome to post their opinions about the signings and decisions by the Leafs, and i will have a large report for when I return.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Speaking of Lupul, my buddy is next door neighbors with him. I told him to invite me over.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Have you shit your pants yet now that Reimer signed?

Dobber Sports Master

According to multiple sources, the Leafs have resigned James Reimer to a 3 year deal, with the salary not given. However, it is believed to be around 1.8 million dollars a year.

Very smart signing for the Leafs. Best case scenario, Reimer becomes a bonafide starting goaltender at an insanely cheap price. And for 1.8 million a year, it won't kill the leafs cap wise if he turns out to be a bust. Hoping he continues on the pace he was on last year.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

As per twitter, the Leafs have signed Carl Gunnarsson to a two year deal. Salary information not yet released.

Great re-signing for the Leafs. Gunnarsson has top 4 potential and the ability to quarterback a powerplay.

Dobber Sports Master

with all credit to Nifty Mittens, James Mirtle is reporting that the deal is worth 2.6 million dollars over the 2 years.

For only 1.3 million a year, Burkie pulls off another stellar re-signing. First Reimer, now Gunnarsson. Next goal is to lock down Schenn long term. If Burke manages to re-sign him relatively cheap (3 million or less), I would be one happy fan.

Dobber Sports Stud

Important enough to add here, but not important enough for it's own thread in the general hockey chat section...

Assistant coaches Keith Acton and Tim Hunter fired, Scott Gordon and Tim Cronin in.

Solid analysis here : http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2011/0...ng-staff/?cp=1

Another good link to a Burke interview explaining a bit more of his game plan : http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...-in-the-water/
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

This was actually posted in general hockey chat, but thank you for putting it here Nights.

This could be a sign of things to come. If Wilson doesn't pick it up, he's the next one outta here.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    This was actually posted in general hockey chat, but thank you for putting it here Nights.

This could be a sign of things to come. If Wilson doesn't pick it up, he's the next one outta here.
    I put it in here before it made it's way over there. I think. I don't recall seeing it in there when I posted.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    I put it in here before it made it's way over there. I think. I don't recall seeing it in there when I posted.
    It don't matter man, thanks for posting. I think I saw it here first, so you get credit for that

Dobber Sports Master

Posted in the Leafs offseason thread, I am going to be releasing information that I am hearing from a VERY trusted source. Keep you updated!

Dobber Sports Master

here is the Leafs schedule for 2011/2012

http://www.leafsnews.com/schedule/

why we play the first 6 games at home, then 4 on the road, and a week break between our 2nd and 3rd game is beyond me...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Burke F'd up bad... Kadri and Kulemin for Richards but didn't commit. Also could have had Carter but didn't want to move Kulemin.

WOW!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Burke F'd up bad... Kadri and Kulemin for Richards but didn't commit. Also could have had Carter but didn't want to move Kulemin.

WOW!
    I'm kind of pissed right now. The Richards deal was prime.

They're working on something else right now though.