Page 118 of 414 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Leafs lose tonight they finish last. There was only 1 time I think the Leafs have finished last and that was 1984-85 season. Picked 1st that offseason (obviously, there was no lottery) and chose Wendel Clark.
    And converted him from a defenceman to a forward...maybe they win the lottery and convert Matthews to a defenceman

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    And converted him from a defenceman to a forward...maybe they win the lottery and convert Matthews to a defenceman
    Or draft Olli Juolevi where ever they land and convert him to forward! Or Chychrun!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Last place never wins the lottery though.. So no Matthews for you!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

The reason why smart, rational Leaf fans wanted last was to guarantee a top 4 pick. That's what I was hoping for.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The reason why smart, rational Leaf fans wanted last was to guarantee a top 4 pick. That's what I was hoping for.
    2nd that!

Dobber Sports Expert

Really after Matthews, the next 4 forwards are really a toss up, hell in 5 years all 5 of the forwards might be equal. And the top 2 D are somewhat of a toss up as well. What the Leafs really need to ensure is that they draft Carter Hart at the end of the first round (if he isn't taken by their 2nd pick).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Really after Matthews, the next 4 forwards are really a toss up, hell in 5 years all 5 of the forwards might be equal. And the top 2 D are somewhat of a toss up as well. What the Leafs really need to ensure is that they draft Carter Hart at the end of the first round (if he isn't taken by their 2nd pick).
    After Matthews it turns into “What the team wants” for the top 10 this yr I think. Some people have Tkachuk going as low as 9th. However, I can see if the Leafs get 4th, and Matthews and the 2 fins are gone, taking Tkachuk. Playing with Marner in London helps his chances.

When Chychurn can go from top 5 to 6-10 range it’s a fluid ranking.

Dobber Sports Titan

I read he has no desire to leave Toronto yet.

What’s with Arizona wanting Toronto GMs?

The Great One

I can see Dubas leaving in 3-4 years or taking on more responsibility with the Leafs

He wouldn't want to leave now. Not with what's going on. He wants to be here for the ride I would think.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I can see Dubas leaving in 3-4 years or taking on more responsibility with the Leafs

He wouldn't want to leave now. Not with what's going on. He wants to be here for the ride I would think.
    If he helps build this team into a contender, which I think they can, he can leave and be a full GM with high pay, and little restrictions, on a team that fills seats. He doesn’t need Arizona right now; he’s only turning 30 in July.

When he was in school (Brock) he was a scout for the Greyhounds, then was the GM for them at 24 (so 2-ish yrs after school), and was in the NHL 4 yrs later as an Assistant GM. He doesn’t need to take a job from a low-end team.

The Great One

He doesn't need to but it's awfully hard to turn down. It would make a great story, youngest GM to win a cup or whatever. Just shows you how smart he is for a young man. He's really surrounded by great people too. I guess that makes it easier to swallow.

Anyways, how about those signings today.

My take.....

Rielly at 5 for 6 years is amazing. He really turned it on this year. I'm excited to see what we got in him next year. It's a big year for him and we'll see how he handles it. He started the year playing SH time. Babcock wanted him to learn the D side of the game before giving him opportunities offensively. He ended the year playing top PP so he fully gained Babcocks trust all year.

Kadri at 4.5 for 6. Leafs Nation and Kadri don't always mix. Kadri does some shit every Leafs fan doesn't like. But at the end of the day we know that 4.5 for Kadri is a good deal. Like I said in the other thread, it's a tradeable deal; one of those "we don't have to lose value" by trading him deals.

Your guys thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

He doesn't need to but it's awfully hard to turn down. It would make a great story, youngest GM to win a cup or whatever. Just shows you how smart he is for a young man. He's really surrounded by great people too. I guess that makes it easier to swallow.

Anyways, how about those signings today.

My take.....

Rielly at 5 for 6 years is amazing. He really turned it on this year. I'm excited to see what we got in him next year. It's a big year for him and we'll see how he handles it. He started the year playing SH time. Babcock wanted him to learn the D side of the game before giving him opportunities offensively. He ended the year playing top PP so he fully gained Babcocks trust all year.

Kadri at 4.5 for 6. Leafs Nation and Kadri don't always mix. Kadri does some shit every Leafs fan doesn't like. But at the end of the day we know that 4.5 for Kadri is a good deal. Like I said in the other thread, it's a tradeable deal; one of those "we don't have to lose value" by trading him deals.

Your guys thoughts?
    Both great. Rielly I would have paid 36mill/6yrs. I think it’s going to be like Karlsson in a few yrs where you see the cap hit and say, “no way he only makes that much”. Kadri, I think it’s a safe contract when you look at the term. 6yrs is 4yrs of UFA status I think, so you when you think of what he’d get then, I think this is a fine contract.

If you have Nylander as a center, and somehow get Matthews/Stamkos, Kadri still has that style of play where you can make him a pure shutdown guy that gets PP time. A La Kesler model. And at 4.5mill, that’s a contract where he’ll get C1 chances for now, and see how he does in the near future. If he stops at being a 50pt guy, a 4.5mill guy on your 3rd line isn’t TOO bad when you can consider he’ll be schooling scrubs. Also have to know what the plan is with Nylander. If Nylander is a future LW, this signing makes a lot more sense.

The Great One

Ok, Connor Carrick is tearing up the playoffs.

He's a factor in every game and now has 10 points in 5 playoff games. He leads the league in playoff points as a defender. He might play himself into some 2nd PP time with the leafs next year feeding Zaitsev one timers.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok, Connor Carrick is tearing up the playoffs.

He's a factor in every game and now has 10 points in 5 playoff games. He leads the league in playoff points as a defender. He might play himself into some 2nd PP time with the leafs next year feeding Zaitsev one timers.
    100% a top 4. Especially being a RHD. He was a steal out of Washington. I think he’ll get the same development plan as Rielly tho. Slowly build his play from the Leafs net out. So he’ll prolly end up on PP2 eventually, not out of the gate tho.

Dobber Sports Titan

He might play himself into some 2nd PP time with the leafs next year feeding Zaitsev one timers.
    That would be fun to watch.

I agree with 2014OG however, that he will be brought in slowly. However there will only be so many defence men on the Leafs that will deserving of PP time, so he may push for some PP2 time sooner rather than later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)