Page 103 of 412 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

I don't see Hitch as a good fit for the rebuild period, his reputation for being tough on youngsters could prove difficult on a team that's soon to be composed almost entirely on youngsters

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The "NEW 5 YEAR PLAN".

I've heard it time and time again. New GM rolls into town..."We have a viable 5 year plan - rapid growth - to return this team to respectability and to the playoffs" only to see that plan either Expire and no changes take place, or perhaps overtaken by a new 5 year plan after the previous GM was relieved of his duties, and then once again.

I do HOPE that this is the START of a viable and thorough rebuild, but I've come to a point of Fool me once, shame on your, Fool me twice, Shame on me... Fool me for nearly 50 years, Well call me a Leaf Fan.

It's funny, my son played in the Ray Scapinello road hockey tournament for the first time this past weekend in Guelph. What a fantastic experience for the kids and parents who watched. And great activities for all to take part in between games. Including, a chance to get up and personal with the Lord Stanley's Cup (well... probably a body double but still) a "Larger than Life" up close experience for kids and adult hockey fans alike. I see "Hockeyfan231's" avatar above and I was reminded of my desire on Saturday to eagerly search and find the engraved 67 Stanley Cup Team, like an eager historian searching for that sought after marking in a famous cemetery I scanned the cup to find the team that I myself am too young to know, but who holds a memory in my mind that has been 100% fabricated based solely on and out of the hockey history books. Then it got me thinking... how the hell can a storied franchise like this, have so much financial success and yet earn so little on ice respect. I mean...WTF? Where ineptness is rewarded with Blind mindless following by a brainwashed fan base. Same effort, Same results, same heartaches, same renewed hope, same effort, same results, same heartache same renewed.....NO... TTHIS HAS TO STOP! INSANITY IS WHAT THIS IS! I literally recoiled from the 1967 vision and image of those names engraved on the cup once found. I can't continue like this in a sport in which I HAVE SO MUCH PASSION as a fan.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... SO... I'm taking back the power and instituting a 5 year plan of my own as a long time suffering Leaf Fan(and Oiler's Fan...thanks to my Son... yeah... Hockey playoffs are a strange time around my household).

As of July 2015, post draft, I am instituting my 5 year Toronto Fan Trust and Support rebuilding Strategy. In this Strategy, I am cutting my allegiances to the team and ultimately the inept front office that have consistently Broken my heart season in and season out. I will not Fly the Blue and White Maple Leaf Flag, I will not purchase TML Paraphernalia, nor spend outrageous amounts on tickets to go so see the maple leaf's play live, but through the power, magic and wonders of "Center Ice Pkg" and "Game Center Live" I will watch all OTHER games, however may watch the odd Road Leaf Game that I capture through those aforementioned resources.

If after 5 years, the Leaf's organization has actually done something that can excite me, earn my passion and support and desire to return to the fold, then Fantastic. IF it takes 3 years (because no GM is truly bound to their self imposed "Plan") even better.

but I'm done being fooled season in and season out and I will do My part to help influence change. Perhaps others will too considering we finally saw a NON-SOLD OUT GAME for the first time in what... I believe my entire life time to date. DO I think change is coming thanks to Shanny? For the organization's sake, I do hope so, but I will no longer hinge my blind faith on hope. It's time to SHOW ME THE EFFORT! Actions trump words and especially empty promises. This organization's actions over the past decades have failed each and every time to live up to verbal promises.

I may not have control over what the Front Office does to achieve their goals, but I sure as hell am no longer going to be a pawn. I'm taking back control and focusing my undying hockey passion elsewhere.

So... I guess this is a bit of a break up letter. Perhaps a Separation agreement. Go fix yourself TML, and then prove your worth. Because doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is quite simply the definition of Insanity, and I'm done feeling insane.

Step 1a... Draft well and Draft Smart THIS YEAR.
    Setp 1b... Move out the under-producing drain on the salary cap
    step 2... Develop Talent
    Step 3... Draft well and Draft Smart NEXT YEAR
    Rinse and Repeat...
    (I'll be casually watching from a far)

Best wishes. I look forward to one day having my "Fandemonium" re-earned.

(now how's that girlfriend team of mine doing? Anything interesting to soak up my recently re-discovered hockey support)?

wow... such an uplifting and empowering feeling I have right now.

To those who choose to remain, I wish you the peace and serenity that I have as I end this sentence with a "." and confidently press "Post Quick Reply".

Dobber Sports Titan

At least STB had guys like Backes, Oshie, Jackman, Elliot, Statsny, and Steen that are all leaders/veterans that could take a youngster under their arms and tell them what they did wrong without Hitch screaming at them. Who’d do that in Toronto? I can’t see anyone but Nolan being a good coach for a young team that’s available.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    The "NEW 5 YEAR PLAN".

I've heard it time and time again. New GM rolls into town..."We have a viable 5 year plan - rapid growth - to return this team to respectability and to the playoffs" only to see that plan either Expire and no changes take place, or perhaps overtaken by a new 5 year plan after the previous GM was relieved of his duties, and then once again.

I do HOPE that this is the START of a viable and thorough rebuild, but I've come to a point of Fool me once, shame on your, Fool me twice, Shame on me... Fool me for nearly 50 years, Well call me a Leaf Fan.

It's funny, my son played in the Ray Scapinello road hockey tournament for the first time this past weekend in Guelph. What a fantastic experience for the kids and parents who watched. And great activities for all to take part in between games. Including, a chance to get up and personal with the Lord Stanley's Cup (well... probably a body double but still) a "Larger than Life" up close experience for kids and adult hockey fans alike. I see "Hockeyfan231's" avatar above and I was reminded of my desire on Saturday to eagerly search and find the engraved 67 Stanley Cup Team, like an eager historian searching for that sought after marking in a famous cemetery I scanned the cup to find the team that I myself am too young to know, but who holds a memory in my mind that has been 100% fabricated based solely on and out of the hockey history books. Then it got me thinking... how the hell can a storied franchise like this, have so much financial success and yet earn so little on ice respect. I mean...WTF? Where ineptness is rewarded with Blind mindless following by a brainwashed fan base. Same effort, Same results, same heartaches, same renewed hope, same effort, same results, same heartache same renewed.....NO... TTHIS HAS TO STOP! INSANITY IS WHAT THIS IS! I literally recoiled from the 1967 vision and image of those names engraved on the cup once found. I can't continue like this in a sport in which I HAVE SO MUCH PASSION as a fan.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... SO... I'm taking back the power and instituting a 5 year plan of my own as a long time suffering Leaf Fan(and Oiler's Fan...thanks to my Son... yeah... Hockey playoffs are a strange time around my household).

As of July 2015, post draft, I am instituting my 5 year Toronto Fan Trust and Support rebuilding Strategy. In this Strategy, I am cutting my allegiances to the team and ultimately the inept front office that have consistently Broken my heart season in and season out. I will not Fly the Blue and White Maple Leaf Flag, I will not purchase TML Paraphernalia, nor spend outrageous amounts on tickets to go so see the maple leaf's play live, but through the power, magic and wonders of "Center Ice Pkg" and "Game Center Live" I will watch all OTHER games, however may watch the odd Road Leaf Game that I capture through those aforementioned resources.

If after 5 years, the Leaf's organization has actually done something that can excite me, earn my passion and support and desire to return to the fold, then Fantastic. IF it takes 3 years (because no GM is truly bound to their self imposed "Plan") even better.

but I'm done being fooled season in and season out and I will do My part to help influence change. Perhaps others will too considering we finally saw a NON-SOLD OUT GAME for the first time in what... I believe my entire life time to date. DO I think change is coming thanks to Shanny? For the organization's sake, I do hope so, but I will no longer hinge my blind faith on hope. It's time to SHOW ME THE EFFORT! Actions trump words and especially empty promises. This organization's actions over the past decades have failed each and every time to live up to verbal promises.

I may not have control over what the Front Office does to achieve their goals, but I sure as hell am no longer going to be a pawn. I'm taking back control and focusing my undying hockey passion elsewhere.

So... I guess this is a bit of a break up letter. Perhaps a Separation agreement. Go fix yourself TML, and then prove your worth. Because doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is quite simply the definition of Insanity, and I'm done feeling insane.

Step 1a... Draft well and Draft Smart THIS YEAR.
    Setp 1b... Move out the under-producing drain on the salary cap
    step 2... Develop Talent
    Step 3... Draft well and Draft Smart NEXT YEAR
    Rinse and Repeat...
    (I'll be casually watching from a far)

Best wishes. I look forward to one day having my "Fandemonium" re-earned.

(now how's that girlfriend team of mine doing? Anything interesting to soak up my recently re-discovered hockey support)?

wow... such an uplifting and empowering feeling I have right now.

To those who choose to remain, I wish you the peace and serenity that I have as I end this sentence with a "." and confidently press "Post Quick Reply".

This was very entertaining havanablast21.. You had a plan here and stuck with it, now the Leafs need to follow your lead..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

The Toronto Maple Leafs' search for a new head coach and general manager is expanding.

As TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports, the Leafs have contacted former Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Guy Boucher and will look to speak to New York Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton in the near future.

Boucher, 43, was a guest on TSN 1050's Drive with Dave Naylor Tuesday and said he would love to come back and coach in the NHL.

"It would certainly be in the right situation, with the right people. And if I fit, it would certainly interest me, but like I said, it has to be in the right situation because I have a very good situation right now. I’ve been approached, so it’s a possibility. We’ll see what happens,” he said on the radio show.

The fiery coach was behind the bench in Tampa Bay for two and half seasons before being fired by general manager Steve Yzerman in March 2013 after a slow start to the season. Boucher was named head coach of the Swiss hockey club SC Bern in January 2014 and has been there ever since. He has one year left on his contract, but can opt-out if he so desires.

Boucher is a native of Notre-Dame-du-Lac, Quebec.

Gorton has been the Rangers' assistant GM for the past four years.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Best of luck Havanablast... I hope you are able to stay away from the toxicity of the Leafs. I really do.

I've tried breaking free before and can't seem to do it.
    It's like a really bad investment I have in my portfolio that should have been cut loose at a 20% stop loss, but I rode it to 30% then 40%, then 70%... etc. At some point, it just becomes too late to sell. Even though I know it's a complete loser and heading to zero, I have to ride it to the very bottom and hope for a miracle, rather than sell it for pennies now.
    LOL... don't I know it!

I am well aware of the masochistic draw back and back again to the toxic Leaf's, but at least after a year where our household cheered for two of the most embarrassing team's in the league, We (the boy and I) Feel energized to at the very least, watch the continued and much scrutinized growth of the Oilers. Having watched McDavid closely for the past 3 years when's he's swung in to play our Storm, I can say that I'm very excited to see him suit up for one of our favored franchises. Maybe this is the step this team needs to allow my boy to feel a far deeper rooted allegiance to an NHL Franchise (him only being 9... He has far more knowledge of the entire league than most people my age. The kid deserves something to be proud of... the only down side is trying to keep him awake for the western games.

I will always hold a place in my heart for the Buds, and one day expect to come back, but not until they earn my respect back. And so... bring on the self imposed 5 year plan.

I wish you the same peace and serenity I hope to find this year and yes... I miss Gilmour too!

Dobber Sports Titan

I won’t go to a game unless it’s free, but I will always watch them. I have made fun of bandwagonners too often to jump ship and go to a successful team. My backups are TBL (liked them since they won the cup), Jets, Flames, Sens (Argh, I know. Bad Leaf fan. But I liked them since Alfy left), Caps (Love the old-school jerseys) and Minny (logo really). So if I cheered for anyone after dumping the Leafs I’d be a Bandwagonner myself.

I’m honestly debating getting a Nylander jersey, but I can’t bring myself to do it. Why must I have a fetish with jerseys!? WHY!?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Leafs have their own forum thread?? What is this world coming too??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Leafs courting OHL coach Sheldon Keefe.

With former Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds general manager Kyle Dubas holding it down in the front office, it was only a matter of time before the Toronto Maple Leafs were linked to Sheldon Keefe in their pursuit to overhaul the organization’s coaching staff.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...sheldon-keefe/

Dobber Sports Expert

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dobber Sports Expert

Four potential GM candidates that Cox and Elliotte Friedman believe the Maple Leafs are interested in – Julien BriseBois, ]eff Gorton, Mike Futa and George McPhee. Cox thinks there has been some contact with the Leafs and McPhee, who is at the World Championships.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Don Maloney not against trading down:

“I’ve been out [scouting] a lot over the last month and there’s half a dozen guys that could be candidates for that [No. 3 draft] position," GM Don Maloney told the Glendale Star.

“I don’t think it’s locked in stone, that third position, which gives us flexibility because there are one or two of those that we like more than the other. So, maybe if we get what we want, maybe we trade down a slot or two. So, we have to look at those options, but there’s some good players that can help us. Maybe not next year, but not that long thereafter.”

Although the Leafs have a pretty bad track record of trading up. I think we should just sit tight and take whoever is there at #4. Chances are the Leafs have 2 or 3 guys theyd be fine waiting for at #4
    I think it's clear that Maloney doesn't "want" to take Hanifin but knows if he stays at 3, he's the BPA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Four potential GM candidates that Cox and Elliotte Friedman believe the Maple Leafs are interested in – Julien BriseBois, ]eff Gorton, Mike Futa and George McPhee. Cox thinks there has been some contact with the Leafs and McPhee, who is at the World Championships.
    Ugh, please NO to McPhee. I like the Leafs and would hate to see him making personnel decisions.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

Re: George McPhee. I'm not as opposed to him as I used to be. When people think of McPhee now, visions of Forsberg killing it in Nashville and the corpse of Erat drifting in Arizona appear in everyone's head. I understand WHY he made the trade (involved owner wants to make the playoffs at all costs), but it doesn't absolve him from any blame.

However, what I like about McPhee is that he's apparently very confident in taking the best players in draft situations regardless of stigmas surrounding height and nationality (Kuznetsov comes to mind). He's not my #1 choice, but with Hunter & Dubas on board I think he could be part of a very formidable team.

Also, nice to be back. I'm gonna try and be around to dissect what's going to be an absurd offseason for the Leafs. Should be frightening/fun!

Dobber Sports Titan

Part of me likes the fact Babcock isn’t going to be a leaf. He would coach them to out of the basement allowing a bad team to become mediocre and lose a good pick for yrs.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Part of me likes the fact Babcock isn’t going to be a leaf. He would coach them to out of the basement allowing a bad team to become mediocre and lose a good pick for yrs.
    I just don't know if he's the right guy for a team in this stage of a rebuild. Would I be opposed to him becoming a Leaf tomorrow? Of course not. But I'd love to see a younger coach come in and coach a team which (hopefully) is incredibly young and in the early stages of development. This team needs to be bad for another 2 years but see the kids continually improve.

Is it weird that I'd want to see Eakins behind the bench? He was a gamechanger for the Marlies and was given a raw deal in Edmonton.