Page 102 of 414 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

assuming leafs stay at #4, two scenarios:

1 - Arizona/Buffalo - McDavid
    2 - Arizona/Buffalo - Eichel
    3 - Edmonton - Hanifin

Who do leafs take at 4? Marner/Strome?

OR

1 - Arizona/Buffalo/Edmonton - McDavid
    2 - Arizona/Buffalo/Edmonton - Eichel
    3 - Arizona/Buffalo - ???

Assuming Edmonton gets a top 2 pick and one of Arizona/Buffalo get the other top 2 pick, who goes at #3 to the other Arizona/Buffalo, and then who do leafs take at 4? In this scenario I could see #3 being a forward, so Marner/Strome. Do leafs then take hanifin or the leftover from Marner/Strome?

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d rather have Strome than Hanifin. No team really needs 2 offensive defensemen with Rielly in the system already. If they get to 3rd, I would hope they could trade down to 4th and get like a 2nd rounder back as well. Or hopefully packed 3rd overall + Nashville’s 1st+Player for 2nd or 1st overall kinda thing.

But between Marner and Strome, I can’t say I really know enough between the two. But from what I’ve read Marner is a great 2 way player with great hands, backchecks hard, and drives possession numbers. He’s got 124pts in 62OHL games, and he’s from the area (Markham). However he’s only 5’11” and 160lbs I think which isn’t big at all.

Strome tho is 6’3” 190lbs from Mississauga, and also plays center. He’s got 117pts in 65OHL games. With his size and speed he’s tough to contain, and he’s creative to get past defenders. Great vision, very good IQ to get into the right spots to score, and can play at a high level along the boards. However, his defensive effort goes up and down depending how he feels.

I’d rather Strome because of the size; it’s been a long time since the Leafs have had a big center. However with Dubas, possession numbers could make Marner the prize he wants.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I’d rather have Strome than Hanifin. No team really needs 2 offensive defensemen with Rielly in the system already. If they get to 3rd, I would hope they could trade down to 4th and get like a 2nd rounder back as well. Or hopefully packed 3rd overall + Nashville’s 1st+Player for 2nd or 1st overall kinda thing.

But between Marner and Strome, I can’t say I really know enough between the two. But from what I’ve read Marner is a great 2 way player with great hands, backchecks hard, and drives possession numbers. He’s got 124pts in 62OHL games, and he’s from the area (Markham). However he’s only 5’11” and 160lbs I think which isn’t big at all.

Strome tho is 6’3” 190lbs from Mississauga, and also plays center. He’s got 117pts in 65OHL games. With his size and speed he’s tough to contain, and he’s creative to get past defenders. Great vision, very good IQ to get into the right spots to score, and can play at a high level along the boards. However, his defensive effort goes up and down depending how he feels.

I’d rather Strome because of the size; it’s been a long time since the Leafs have had a big center. However with Dubas, possession numbers could make Marner the prize he wants.

1st overall won't get traded. if it does it will be for a heck of a lot more than that, leafs would need to give up 4th overall + reilly + nylander at minimum.

and more than likely 2nd overall won't either, unless the team really likes a different player. and since eichel is a step above marner/strome etc, the only team I could see trading down from #2 is Edmonton if they want hanifin.

I really hope it does come down to strome/marner. either would be a great addition to the leafs, they just need to make sure they finish low enough to grab one.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    1st overall won't get traded. if it does it will be for a heck of a lot more than that, leafs would need to give up 4th overall + reilly + nylander at minimum.

and more than likely 2nd overall won't either, unless the team really likes a different player. and since eichel is a step above marner/strome etc, the only team I could see trading down from #2 is Edmonton if they want hanifin.

I really hope it does come down to strome/marner. either would be a great addition to the leafs, they just need to make sure they finish low enough to grab one.
    The trading up from a 3rd was a bit of a pipe dream. But I was trying to say they’d turn out better if they traded down to 4th or 5th even if they got back another draft pick or part of a big trade. If the Leafs drafted Hanifin it would be a waste of a pick down the line really. Rielly and Hanifin wouldn’t fulfill their potential, and eventually one will want to escape the others shadow and the Leafs would be left with minimal. With the Leafs center questions tho, I bet they’d just take Strome/Marner even if they had 3rd overall.

I like the NFL for this because there is a lot of other positions, so a team with an abundance of WR, or defensive players can trade down the draft and keep acquiring picks and players until they can’t wait on their guy anymore. In the NHL, I can’t see a trade down a few spots at a time ever happening. Leafs trade down from 3rd to 5th with Carolina. Carolina told Leafs they want Hanifin and that’s who they’ll draft with the 3rd, Carolina turns out they trade E.Staal and Draft Strome. Now Leafs are left without their guy. Hope this is coming across correctly. (NHL teams seem to reach on a player they want rather than trade down to get him at his projected draft position).

Dobber Sports Expert

When it comes to Hanifan I keep thinking of the way Nashville has build there team. The Leafs defence is horrible. They need to build from the Goalie out(which means Bernier may not be the answer either). Love to hear other thoughts.

Keep thinking if the Leafs somehow fluked and got McDavid, Kessel aint going anywhere and the rebuild takes another turn.

Dobber Sports Expert

LOL I hear yeah about Phaneuf. I think both goalies confidence is shot right now.

Dobber Sports Titan

If Strome is gone at pick 4, Leafs should draft Hanifin, and trade their (most likely) Preds 18th overall pick to Florida for their pick and draft Zacha. Suspensions and an injury shot this kid down from 3rd overall in some rankings to 10th/11th. However, if they stick to where they are now, they can be looking at getting Kylington if they draft Strome. Many have said he’s the best moving defenseman in the draft, which speaks a lot about his foot work considering Hanifin is in the same draft

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree but the Hunter/marner link may be too strong.. I also don't think they'll have just 2 1st rdrs either. Its going to be interesting for sure.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dubas had a pretty good interview today. Link has both the audio and a transcript.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Monster

Don Maloney not against trading down:

“I’ve been out [scouting] a lot over the last month and there’s half a dozen guys that could be candidates for that [No. 3 draft] position," GM Don Maloney told the Glendale Star.

“I don’t think it’s locked in stone, that third position, which gives us flexibility because there are one or two of those that we like more than the other. So, maybe if we get what we want, maybe we trade down a slot or two. So, we have to look at those options, but there’s some good players that can help us. Maybe not next year, but not that long thereafter.”

Although the Leafs have a pretty bad track record of trading up. I think we should just sit tight and take whoever is there at #4. Chances are the Leafs have 2 or 3 guys theyd be fine waiting for at #4

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

The Leafs should just sit tight where they are, unless a wicked deal comes up

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Arizona would be foolish not to take Strome at #3.. Strome Domi and Duclair would be a beauty top line down the road..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He's the only selection For them as far as I'm concerned. But I hope they surprise. He's look great in the blue and white.

Dobber Sports Expert

Well the Blues lose. Might we see Hitchcock as a candidate for Leaf's coaching vacancy? Teach these players some defence. Personally I've never been a fan of his handling of kids, though I know he's changed a lot.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Well the Blues lose. Might we see Hitchcock as a candidate for Leaf's coaching vacancy? Teach these players some defence. Personally I've never been a fan of his handling of kids, though I know he's changed a lot.
    I just don't think he trust's the youngster's.. Tarasenko and Schwartz played amazing under Hitchcock.. I don't think the Leafs would be lucky enough to have Hitchcock coach them.. I think he wants to be to a team that won't be rebuilding..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..