Page 10 of 414 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    In goal or just in general?
    just at everything
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    just at everything
    No one significant, IMO...

Banned

okay, just to all those who don't wanna see me and dyz ramble on...

The Leafs were eliminated, but James Reimer is crazy good. 39 saves, 6 against ovie, just an all-star in goal over his 33 starts. Kudos, and can't wait to see him play next year.

Who do you see the Leafs getting in the offseason? Leave your thoughts below.
    No apparently God controls how many goals he lets in, so we should be applauding God not Reimer.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No apparently God controls how many goals he lets in, so we should be applauding God not Reimer.
    what?

If you're referring to the comment I made earlier, it's called a joke. I can't tell if you're joking or just being really sarcastic here.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

3 notes for the last game:

-Frattin has been signed to a contract by the Maple Leafs. Frattin, a finalist for the Hobey Baker as the NCAA's top player, will be in the lineup tonight against the Habs.

-Colborne has been called up to make his debut, and will play with Kessel and Lupul

- Brent has been nominated for the Bill Masterson trophy.

Dobber Sports Stud

what?

If you're referring to the comment I made earlier, it's called a joke. I can't tell if you're joking or just being really sarcastic here.
    http://www.bbcday.info/2011/04/05/ja...ing-sensation/
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The first period is over and both Colborne and Frattin have skated on NHL ice.

Colborne looks a bit nervous so it will be interesting to see if he gets his legs under him as the game goes on. However, I like how this Matt Frattin kid plays. He played with a bit of an edge and he's definitely not afraid to go into the dirty areas. Frattin could end up being a good complimentary player who digs the puck out for his linemates. Good first period for him.

BTW, Colborne is skating between Kessel and Lupul while Frattin is alongside Bozak and Kadri.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Forgot to mention....Colborne got his first NHL point/assist on Kessel's goal

Good job kid.

Banned

Fire Wilson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Who do you see the Leafs getting in the offseason? Leave your thoughts below.
    I really dont see anybody of significance coming. Richards would be the only big name that fills in one of the leafs huge voids, and personally, I dont see him coming here. Just a gut feeling. And there really isnt any other legit top-line center out there. Connolly is there but really.... as much as we need a skilled center, please god no Burke.

The other needs... puck moving defenseman. Some will say Gunnerson can do this, but its putting a lot of faith in an unproven commodity. So whos there??

Markov (injuries), Jovo (injuries and old), kaberle (haha), Ehrhoff (might be too expensive after great year)...... theres not much out there, and the ones available all have a downside. Not sure if you'll see huge movement here.

And finally we could use a large, skilled winger to make space for Kessel... Whos available for that duty?

No one really... the best wingers (that have a chance of switching teams) are Gange, Sullivan, Knuble (a maybe), Frolov, and Lenio. Not much there... personally Id like Lenio. He's turning into a play maker that they could use with Kessel.

All in all I really dont see any significant signings this off-season (not including any trades obviously). All I see happening is getting a 2nd/3rd liner, to replace the ones that left, and hopefully improve our bottom 6.

Im not getting excited for this off-season
    11 GM Keeper League, 10F, 4D, 2G
    G,A, SHG, +/-, W, SO, S%
    F: J. Iginla, E. Staal, M. Richards, J. Spezza, B. Ryan, T. Hall, N. Zherdev, J. Hudler, S. Gagner, C. Kunitz
    D: D. Keith, A. Goligoski, P. Martin, R. Sutter
    G: MA. Fluery, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Initiate

I listened to the Brian Burke season ending press conference and a few key points came out.

1. Number one center remains the top priority for the off season.

2. Toronto now has 2 first round picks and their own 2nd round pick. He stated they will try to move picks to draft higher but will keep at least two picks among the first 39 picks.

3. Burke was impressed with Frattin in his first game. Indicated that Frattin might be ready to make it right away without time in the AHL but that will be determined in the preseason.

4. Very concerned about the powerplay and will look into what they might be able to accomplish to address that.

5. It sounded like Kadri will be staying on the wing.

6. Bozak will be resigned and it sounds like he will be the 3rd line center next year.

7. No plans to sign another goalie. Reimer will be the starter with Gustavsson challenging. No decisions on Giguerre will be made until after he has recovered from his surgery.

8. He mentioned Holzer as a very improved player. He also singled out Mueller as someone that had made great progress. (I guess getting 5 points in the last game of the season was noticed)

9. Mentioned that Crabb, Boyce and Brent exceeded their expectations and now they will have to make some tough decisions after the world championships.

Very up beat and positive discussion

Dobber Sports Icon

Burke talks about Truculance but he still needs to get much bigger in his top 6 Fwds.

Ive always liked Lupal but we need someone who can score but also open up space for Kessel.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Burke talks about Truculance but he still needs to get much bigger in his top 6 Fwds.

Ive always liked Lupal but we need someone who can score but also open up space for Kessel.
    Colborne is 6"5, 220 pounds. If he uses his size, he'd be perfect.

Banned

They've already said he doesn't use his size.