Page 298 of 412 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 308 348 398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

For starters their D was too thin to handle the loss of a guy like Muzzin

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Don’t worry Leaf fans, Reilly and Ceci need contracts and I think if you have 5 of the top 9 highest paid players in the league you will be much better than only having 3 of the top 7. Next year is your year for sure and maybe you can even make the playoffs.
    Reilly has one more year, so he doesn’t need a new contract yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    When do Leafs fans start getting on the Tavares deal? Too early?

It handcuffed them from adding more depth and their progress as a team/franchise has stalled and now declined since adding him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've been beating that drum since it happened.
    Yup we’ve both been on this. It was always the “fun” move, not the necessary move.

- - - Updated - - -

Nylander for Hanifin, who says no?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Yup we’ve both been on this. It was always the “fun” move, not the necessary move.

Nylander for Hanifin, who says no?

Couldn't agree more with what I put in bold.

I actually think the Nylander for Hanifin trade would be a good one but I continue to say they need more Muzzins on the backend and less Rielly's. Hanifin is a good 2 two Dman and would be a big help. They just need grit and actual defensive Dmen who can help keep the puck out. That team hangs Freddie out to dry because they are a terrible defensive team. That's also why I wasn't a fan of the Barrie/Kadri trade. Barrie was more of what they already had an not enough of what they needed. Not to mention, if you look at their key young D coming up (Sandin, Lliljegren, Dermott), you're getting lots of skill but not enough of a defensive guy to really help in their own end.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Nothing was more apparent in the CBJ series than shots through players in front of the net.

You can harp that Toronto didn't get in front of the net, but the D abused the Leafs in front of the net. And for the Leafs, their D can't move anyone out of the way. They just keep them where they are (Rielly), or don't give up but can't do much (Dermott) or do nothing (Barrie, Ceci, Marincin).

They solve the net front presence issue, might be enough to solve their D. And you can find those guys cheaply, but it does hurt your "Skill based philosophy" Dubas has. You don't want to go to hard one way or the other otherwise you get Florida's mess they've been getting out of. Maybe a guy in the Polak style of play is what their #5/6/7 D need to be and say, "eff the speed game" when they are on. I'm just rambling though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Nothing was more apparent in the CBJ series than shots through players in front of the net.

You can harp that Toronto didn't get in front of the net, but the D abused the Leafs in front of the net. And for the Leafs, their D can't move anyone out of the way. They just keep them where they are (Rielly), or don't give up but can't do much (Dermott) or do nothing (Barrie, Ceci, Marincin).

They solve the net front presence issue, might be enough to solve their D. And you can find those guys cheaply, but it does hurt your "Skill based philosophy" Dubas has. You don't want to go to hard one way or the other otherwise you get Florida's mess they've been getting out of. Maybe a guy in the Polak style of play is what their #5/6/7 D need to be and say, "eff the speed game" when they are on. I'm just rambling though.
    I agree and have said a few times here that they needed more Hainsey/Polak type Dmen, only 10 years younger LOL! A guy like Justin Braun, who the Flyers acquired, would have been a perfect fit for what Toronto lacked. He's not pretty, and you dont always see him on the stat sheet, but he brings a lot to the table in his own end.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    When do Leafs fans start getting on the Tavares deal? Too early?

It handcuffed them from adding more depth and their progress as a team/franchise has stalled and now declined since adding him.
    They are more apt to buy his childhood pillow case on EBay then dare question their team.

Dobber Sports Master

theres always going to be teams coached by guys like torts and trotz that will motivate a lesser talented team into beating a juggernaut .

leafs were a few posts and crossbars away from advancing so I dont think you need to have a thousand page inquiry .

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    theres always going to be teams coached by guys like torts and trotz that will motivate a lesser talented team into beating a juggernaut .

leafs were a few posts and crossbars away from advancing so I dont think you need to have a thousand page inquiry .
    But it's the Toronto Maple Leafs, so you know there will be a 1000 page inquiry LOL

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    But it's the Toronto Maple Leafs, so you know there will be a 1000 page inquiry LOL
    Clicks get the moola. And Leaf fans want to get reasons beyond, "It wasn't their yr, they just didn't catch that bounce". Hockey fans see the JT and Mikheyev bars and say, holy that was close. Then look back and respect the other team for out playing you. Leaf fans just hate their team and don't watch/know other teams. So they can't think, "oh the CBJ are a really good team".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Clicks get the moola. And Leaf fans want to get reasons beyond, "It wasn't their yr, they just didn't catch that bounce". Hockey fans see the JT and Mikheyev bars and say, holy that was close. Then look back and respect the other team for out playing you. Leaf fans just hate their team and don't watch/know other teams. So they can't think, "oh the CBJ are a really good team".
    If the bolded is true, I think I've figured out the problem. Some number of Philadelphia fans must have done some sort of soul swap with Toronto fans, but just for the hockey team.

Hating your team, and crying poor me, we can't win anything, and blaming people is the Philly fans modus operandi. Do Leaf fans start fights with out of towners for no reason?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If the bolded is true, I think I've figured out the problem. Some number of Philadelphia fans must have done some sort of soul swap with Toronto fans, but just for the hockey team.

Hating your team, and crying poor me, we can't win anything, and blaming people is the Philly fans modus operandi. Do Leaf fans start fights with out of towners for no reason?
    Mike Millbury called the CN Tower the Space Needle the other day and Ontarians freaked the F out at him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Mike Millbury called the CN Tower the Space Needle the other day and Ontarians freaked the F out at him.
    Sounds like Millbury hasn't ever been to Seattle. The average condo tower in Toronto is taller than the very unimpressive Space Needle.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sounds like Millbury hasn't ever been to Seattle. The average condo tower in Toronto is taller than the very unimpressive Space Needle.
    It's also Mike Millbury.

Don't forget when Bobby Margarita destroyed him on live TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDJlgw3krM

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs have asked Minny to speak with Bruce Boudreau.

I'm going to say because of assistant coaching positions. BB can likely get a head coaching job somewhere else, but maybe his Toronto ties can be enough to pull him to the Leafs, but I don't think he'll be anything other than a head coach.

Doesn't hurt to talk though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Leafs have asked Minny to speak with Bruce Boudreau.

I'm going to say because of assistant coaching positions. BB can likely get a head coaching job somewhere else, but maybe his Toronto ties can be enough to pull him to the Leafs, but I don't think he'll be anything other than a head coach.

Doesn't hurt to talk though.
    Isn't Boudreau still under contract for a couple more years? He's probably making more sitting on his ass than he'd make as an Asst in Toronto.