Page 348 of 414 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 358 398 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

watched a few periods , man spezza looking really good out there

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    watched a few periods , man spezza looking really good out there

Yes, the top 3 are Campbell, Nylander and Spezza. They are all playing for keeps. Not taking too much from this win, yes it's 2 points but against (what seemed to be 1 player) the DeBrincat Black Hawks. Should have been way easier but a win is a win.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Nylander is your MVP this yr, Spezza is a close 2nd.

Shouldn't have to go to OT against Chicago, but a win is a win.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Pains me to agree with Invictus but I agree. Marner looks broken. Leafs look Broken.

They are emotionless. It's like they don't care about each other, about the results, nor do they seem to care or have a desire to be playing right now.

"ALL OR NOTHING" helped **** this team. They were already kinda ****ed, but All or Nothing has turned this once great team on paper into "NOTHING"

I watched that amazon thing and man, cringe, especially Dubas pep talk to Marner before Game 7. That cannot be helping Marner at all, he must be miserable right now. To be honest I’m surprised the Leafs didn’t just try to quash the whole damn thing after the playoffs.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

We're one game away from a winning streak.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Lol and a possible start of a losing streak, fine line…
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I watched that amazon thing and man, cringe, especially Dubas pep talk to Marner before Game 7. That cannot be helping Marner at all, he must be miserable right now. To be honest I’m surprised the Leafs didn’t just try to quash the whole damn thing after the playoffs.
    that all or nothing show was brutal. Watching that I could tell after 1 episode where the problems lie in Toronto. Coach + GM are both TERRIBLE at their jobs. No leadership, no motivational skills. just plain shit.

They both should be released yesterday.

Watch the All or Nothing about the NZ All Blacks and see the big difference in leadership.

Dubas + Keefe =

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    that all or nothing show was brutal. Watching that I could tell after 1 episode where the problems lie in Toronto. Coach + GM are both TERRIBLE at their jobs. No leadership, no motivational skills. just plain shit.

They both should be released yesterday.

Watch the All or Nothing about the NZ All Blacks and see the big difference in leadership.

Dubas + Keefe =
    I think that’s too harsh, but I do agree something was off, I was not super-impressed with either of them. I was expecting way more from
    Keefe in particular, The dialogue with Vesey, Mikheyev, the “leadership group” session, the awkward Marner pep talk….

And Shanny? Is it me or did he just come across as a figure-head type with little true hockey mgmt sense? That while part where Dubas is on the phone with Kekalainen trying to trade for Foligno and leaves the room, and Shanny makes this comment that seemed so simplistic. I dint know maybe i’m totally off, but it was weird.

But I bet it wouldn’t be much different if a camera was trained on Bergy for a whole season…

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Deity

I tend to agree, I was not super-impressed with either of them. The dialogue with Vesey, Mikheyev, the “leadership group” session, the awkward Marner pep talk….

And Shanny? Is it me or did he just come across as a figure-head type with little true hockey mgmt sense? That while part where Dubas is on the phone with Kekalainen trying to trade for Foligno and leaves the room, and Shanny makes this comment that seemed so simplistic. I dint know maybe i’m totally off, but it was weird.

But I bet it wouldn’t be much different if a camera was trained on Bergy for a whole season…
    I always wonder how much of that stuff is staged because they know they're on camera. I wonder how they really act and talk when there's no camera.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I always wonder how much of that stuff is staged because they know they're on camera. I wonder how they really act and talk when there's no camera.
    Staged to do what, make you seem like you have no clue how to motivate a young NHL player?

What that series told me more than anything is that, in this day and age and with the new younger generation Z kids, the vet leaders in the room are more important than ever - and way more important than the coach or GM. Not just any vets, the ones that command respect by how they carry themselves on and off the ice, by their example not just their words. Spezza impressed me, big Joe too but not as much (more of a jokester in the room guy, which is good, but not what i’m talking about). A guy like Weber must be the king of this. And Crosby/Bergeron. And of the young guys I’d say Barkov.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or how much of it is them acting weird/off because of the camera. Shanny saying that trade thing sounded like a version of man-splaining but for the audience more than who was in the room.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Or how much of it is them acting weird/off because of the camera. Shanny saying that trade thing sounded like a version of man-splaining but for the audience more than who was in the room.
    Actually it sounded to me more like Shanny wanting to say something that showed he knows his stuff for the camera.

And when he says he’s surprised that the Canucks snagged Vesey off waivers? Would have loved to hear his reasoning.

Hey maybe I’m totally off on Shanny and he’s Stevie freakin Y level of hockey mgmt off camera. But something tells me he isn’t even in the same league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Actually it sounded to me more like Shanny wanting to say something that showed he knows his stuff for the camera.

And when he says he’s surprised that the Canucks snagged Vesey off waivers? Would have loved to hear his reasoning.

Hey maybe I’m totally off on Shanny and he’s Stevie freakin Y level of hockey mgmt off camera. But something tells me he isn’t even in the same league.
    Well Shanahan is the President of the Leafs vs Yzerman the Vice President and GM. It's different roles for each and each franchise uses the President of Hockey Ops role differently.

It's kinda hard to compare the two without us knowing what each person really does behind the scenes.

And that Shanahan thing for the camera, man-splaining is kinda just someone talking down to someone to sound smart. So he could have been doing both lol. Maybe man-splaing was the wrong term for me to use, but I can def see it coming across as him thinking "I'm gonna break this silence, and explain it for the people at home and I get to look like I know what's happening".

I think Shanahan is there to communicate to the League more than anything. He worked for the League before the Leafs and I think his role with the organization is to keep Dubas on track, and be the face to the business side of the league. Yzerman I think was "we want you as GM, and if you're a form of a president, it'll give you the security that we'll go with whatever you think".

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Thats the point I was trying to say. I don't know for sure, but it just seemed like bad acting to me. Unnatural or even awkward almost.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think that’s too harsh, but I do agree something was off, I was not super-impressed with either of them. I was expecting way more from
    Keefe in particular, The dialogue with Vesey, Mikheyev, the “leadership group” session, the awkward Marner pep talk….

I definitely expected a better culture in Toronto than what we were shown. I was quite shocked to be honest, but it answers why they can't get it together there for me. It starts at the top.
    Keefe just swearing here and there doesn't show any sort of skills on dealing with his players. It was slightly embarassing.

I bet you're right, if the camera was on other teams we'd likely find similar results.

The Shanny part with that trade was very strange indeed. It's almost like these people get jobs based on playing merit.

Just because you were a good player doesn't make you a great GM, President, Leader, etc. It's rampant throughout the NHL in my opinion