Page 256 of 414 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Neuvirth is already their 2nd best goalie. The issue his how often he's injured, even as a backup. If the idea is to give Andersen fewer games it might not be possible if you're depending on Neuvirth.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparks win the back up job in camp.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I would be.

Sparks is no good.

The Great One

I bet you Sparks goes unclaimed when the leafs waive him this year.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Good move. Toronto needs a quality back up and I believe Neuvirth is a way better option than Sparks who I don't believe will be back in the NHL. He just isn't an NHL goalie.

Dobber Sports Legend

Neuvirth is a decent tender... he just can't stay healthy for 2 periods.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Jedi

Personally, I think the transition from workhorse AHL tender to rarely used NHL back up was one that Sparks did not adjust to last year.
    He had a rhythm with the Marlies that didn't exist in 18/19.
    It's up to him to put the work in this summer - mostly on the mental side - to improve as a back up.
    As hard as he worked in the summer of 17/18 to prepare to be the Marlies #1 - I feel confident he'll be much improved as the back up this year.
    One bad season of 20gp isn't enough to write him off completely

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparks win the back up job in camp.
    Traded to Vegas. Will he backup Fleury or will Subban?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Probably a camp decision...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

Back up? I doubt he will be 'back up' from the AHL.

Dobber Sports Legend

In case anyone is wondering... or cares... Tyson Barrie is going to wear #94 for the Leafs.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering... or cares... Tyson Barrie is going to wear #94 for the Leafs.
    that's the number of points he is going to score when he takes over PP1
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    that's the number of points he is going to score when he takes over PP1
    You think he takes Rielly's job on PP1? Or do the Leafs roll 2D on the PP... a la, Kaberle and McCabe?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    You think he takes Rielly's job on PP1? Or do the Leafs roll 2D on the PP... a la, Kaberle and McCabe?
    Nah I was kinda just joking around. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Leafs use a 3F-2D setup, but it's interesting to get into what that would look like. Ostensibly the personnel would be something like: Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, Barrie. But who goes where is the interesting part. Marner has typically operated as the QB and distributor along the right wall and he's not a one timer option in that position. He would feed cross ice passes to Matthews on the left wall, or to Kadri in the bumper spot, or Tavares down low. With Barrie in the mix, perhaps he could take Matthews spot on the left wall as a one-timer option?

In this scenario, you have the 1-3-1 setup with Rielly up high on the point; Marner along the right wall directing traffic; Barrie roving the left side as a shooting option; Matthews in the bumper spot replacing Kadri and sticking with JT down low. I'm not sure that's the optimal approach, as your only real one-timer option is Barrie (or Rielly at the point). I'm not certain the slot/bumper spot would be the best deployment for Matthews, as his wrist shot even on the strong side where he had to corral the puck before releasing was a deadly option. We've all seen the beautiful toe drags. Tavares is going to effective in his position regardless. Overall, this setup is pretty close to what the Leafs used last season, although there is a bona fide one-timer option with Barrie subbing along the left wall. This PP is similar to Leafs PP1 deployments last season in that there aren't really one-timer options to speak of.

What if we assume for a second the Leafs run a completely different PP1 setup, using 4F-1D with Barrie-Marner-Nylander-Matthews-Tavares. Here's what that could look like: Barrie would be out high at the point as a RH shot, but instead of his typical right wall position, Marner and Matthews would swap spots so that each player would be a one-timer option on his off side. Marner would have the options for cross-ice feed to Matthews for one-timer, move down low to Tavares, into the slot/bumper to Nylander, or back to the point to Barrie. Admittedly, Rielly might work better in this setup just because he would be a one-time shooting option from Marner from the left wall whereas Barrie would not. The added benefit here, though, is that Barrie and Matthews can exchange one-timer options on the right wall. In addition, Matthews would not only have an option as a primary shooter, but he could send passes to Marner cross-ice for one-timer, into the slot to Nylander in sort of a Brayden Point role for a one-timer, back to Barrie at the point for a one-timer, etc. So not only would you have Marner able to run the left side -- AND actually represent a shooting option so defenses couldn't just block out his favorite passing lanes -- the right wall options would also be incredibly deadly. Tavares would, as usual, just be doing his thing regardless.

I think we're going to see some changes with the Toronto powerplay units, but it really wouldn't surprise me to see Barrie utilized a lot with the PP1.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Apparently Dubas reads Dobber and took exception to my post... Wow, that took Nano-seconds for me to eat that word sammich.

Sparks finds himself in a real battle for back up job in Vegas now. Cant think Vegas is really happy with Subban's .902 svpct... couldn't win to save his life on the road last year.
    Would potentially land him an extra 10-15 games.

I think the job is Neuvirth's to lose TBH. When healthy, he's a much better G than Hutch.

I don't like either option for the whole season though, appears to be another 65 game season for Fred-Ex.

---

Leafs now have $10.55m in cap space to sign Marner today - since they can move both Horton & Clarkson to LTIR this summer if Marner signs.

This number increases to closer to 11.5m later on - once Dermott (well not really) But Hyman's contract gets pro-rated for his 2mth IR stint as he recovers from his injury. There's some cap-recapture for the Leafs there. We really get into the nitty-gritty of Cap details figuring that all out.