Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 266 267 268 269 270 271
Results 4,051 to 4,053 of 4053

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    The leafs have won 24 of their last 50 regular season games. That’s only one more than Edmonton.
    That would mean they won 27 of their last 57 games overall

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I follow quite a few hardcore Leafs fans on twitter, and the sentiment with Babcock has sure shifted this year. Fans understand that this window is closing rapidly, if it hasn't already. And Babcock seems to coach with his ego/gut instead of just playing the team Dubas intended him to.
    Speaking of Dubas, fans on twitter are fed up with his one way approach. There are a tonne of traditional Leafs fans and most of them believe every team needs balance. The Blues winning the cup really reinforced this notion (although, in my own opinion, the Blues' grittiness is a little overrated).
    Dubas wants skill and speed and doesn't put much weight on intangibles like team toughness.
    This philosophy seems to be wearing thin with many fans. Quickly.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I follow quite a few hardcore Leafs fans on twitter, and the sentiment with Babcock has sure shifted this year. Fans understand that this window is closing rapidly, if it hasn't already. And Babcock seems to coach with his ego/gut instead of just playing the team Dubas intended him to.
    Speaking of Dubas, fans on twitter are fed up with his one way approach. There are a tonne of traditional Leafs fans and most of them believe every team needs balance. The Blues winning the cup really reinforced this notion (although, in my own opinion, the Blues' grittiness is a little overrated).
    Dubas wants skill and speed and doesn't put much weight on intangibles like team toughness.
    This philosophy seems to be wearing thin with many fans. Quickly.
    Yeah, that philosophy is wearing thin. I do think the Leafs have a lot of pretty players who quite frankly don't care about doing what it takes to win. Nylander is the poster child for this in Toronto. A figure skater playing hockey. The only hit he ever gave was by accident. Matthews couldn't care less about using his body for fear his shoulder(s) will fall off. Morgan Rielly is a disgraceful Dman. Sure, he's excellent offensively but he's less than a bull fighter defending. It's like there's a 3 feet force field when he's playing defense and his only goal is to shadow. His careless random passes attempting to dump the puck out of the zone are maddening and lead to goals or scoring opportunities. Puck battles by the Leafs look like fencing competitions.

Babcock is coasting riding it out cashing those huge checks. He doesn't care if he gets fired or not and I believe he'd prefer it so he can wear his Carhartt clothes and watch the hunting channel all day. He and Dubas are not on the same page and I don't care how much lip service is given to the fact they are by the both of them. You have a grandpa type figure behind the bench with a bunch of mostly unmotivated boys, not men. Leafs need a fiery presence behind the bench. Someone who'll force guys like Nylander and Matthews to become driven two-way players.

I expect some kind of shakeup is in the offing if something doesn't change on the ice soon, and I'm not sure it's going to. Haven't mentioned Hutchinson isn't an NHL goaltender. It's embarrassing a team with Cup aspirations is trotting him out on back to backs against upper echelon teams. That's the plan? Ludicrous.

My hope is Babs gets the axe or they trade a pretty piece like Nylander to shake this team up. It truly does act like it's won the Cup for 5 straight seasons and regular season hockey is to just cherry pick for stats. Yes, there are exceptions. Guys like Goat and Trevor Moore bring it every night. Might be scary to see what this Leafs team could be if they all played with Goat and Moore's passion.

Team does need balance. Dubas seems to like to take a look at analytics (Ceci is outlier) and build his roster based on 1-23 highest scores. I'm with old guard Leafs nation and a guy like Herb Brooks who didn't want the best players, necessarily, he wanted the right ones. Leafs have some talented wrong ones.
    10 Team H2H Points Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=8

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Petterson, Stone, Lee, Hintz, Olofsson, Neal, Haula, Cat, Strome, Hughes, Ehlers, Kadri, Mikheyev
    D: Dumba, Barrie, Weber, Shattenkirk, Hronek
    G: Andersen