Page 205 of 412 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    McDavid is being wasted by playing with replacement level players. As much as they need Nurse/D-men, they need a skilled winger just as bad if not more. You just simply cannot waste anymore years of the best player in the world by not giving him capable line mates.
    Please explain this line. "wasted", "replacement level players". McDavid is the 2 time defending Art Ross Trophy winner. He's spent the majority of the past 2 seasons playing with either a former 1st overall pick or a 3rd overall pick. Nylander is not even close to being as good as RNH or Draisaitl.

Big Daddy

Without going too deep into it, this is a Toronto Maple Leafs thread and not an Edmonton Oilers thread, I started off my post by saying ?If I am Peter Chiarelli?. Meaning, I need to save my job because if Edmonton continues the way they are going, we know damn well he is getting fired, maybe even before season?s end.

In short, what I meant by wasted years is McDavid sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV instead of competing in them.

Replacement level players as in Ty Rattie and yes, at this point in his career, Milan Lucic. Who else did McDavid play with last season? Drake Caguilla? Patrick Maroon? Replacement level players. Nylander ?net even being close to RNH? isn?t something I can agree with either.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Without going too deep into it, this is a Toronto Maple Leafs thread and not an Edmonton Oilers thread, I started off my post by saying ?If I am Peter Chiarelli?. Meaning, I need to save my job because if Edmonton continues the way they are going, we know damn well he is getting fired, maybe even before season?s end.

In short, what I meant by wasted years is McDavid sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV instead of competing in them.

Replacement level players as in Ty Rattie and yes, at this point in his career, Milan Lucic. Who else did McDavid play with last season? Drake Caguilla? Patrick Maroon? Replacement level players. Nylander ?net even being close to RNH? isn?t something I can agree with either.
    I agree with you that McDavid need a real winger... but they really need an offensive D-man for the PP1 (Klefbom is not a quarterback).
    To be back for the Leafs thread, I suggested Nurse only because he is a a well-round D-man... they don't need a Shattenkirk or another Gardiner.
    A D-man like Nurse or one like Juulsen (MTL) could be a really good fit
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Big Daddy

The issue is, how do you gauge Nylander?s value when looking to get a D-man in return? I think this Nylander for a D-man conversation will be all for not. I expect a bridge deal announcement sometime today. We?ll see.

Dobber Sports Titan

The issue is, how do you gauge Nylander?s value when looking to get a D-man in return? I think this Nylander for a D-man conversation will be all for not. I expect a bridge deal announcement sometime today. We?ll see.
    Exactly. The Taylor Hall/Larsson deal set a bar on what you can get for everyday D-men. Or it moved the needle enough in the wrong way for the Leafs.

I'm thinking Dubas went to talk to Nylander to explain 2 contract options in person. A bridge vs a long term deal.

Also....I wonder if the Leafs hire Micheal Nylander for some BS SHL scouting job for like $3mill/yr to just give the Nylander family what he wants at the end of the day. Like why not?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Exactly. The Taylor Hall/Larsson deal set a bar on what you can get for everyday D-men. Or it moved the needle enough in the wrong way for the Leafs.

I'm thinking Dubas went to talk to Nylander to explain 2 contract options in person. A bridge vs a long term deal.

Also....I wonder if the Leafs hire Micheal Nylander for some BS SHL scouting job for like $3mill/yr to just give the Nylander family what he wants at the end of the day. Like why not?
    I wonder if there would be any repercussions because of this. I have no doubt that this has happened before, especially in lower leagues (less sure of NHL, but it must have at some point, no?). You know with it being Toronto that the rest of Canada would be crying bloody murder about cap circumvention, but is there anything the league could/would do about it? There's a fair case to be made that M. Nylander is qualified for a position.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Nylander is not even close to being as good as RNH or Draisaitl.
    Draisaitl I agree with, but 'not even close' to RNH?? Come on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs hired Jimmy Vesey's dad as a minor scout right? They drafted (or UFA signed...) his older brother. They did a bunch of stuff to try and get him.

Nylander's dad was an OHL coach (Mississauga Icedogs) at one point (so it's not like he's unqualified), so I dunno how you would prove it unless it was recorded or in writing somewhere. Thus the in-person meeting???? hmmmmm....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good news everyone!

@kristen_shilton

Frederik Andersen is back in the #Leafs starter?s net this morning, looking like a go for tonight vs. Pittsburgh. Mike Babcock should have the official word after skate.
    Also, looks like Johnsson out and Ennis in

#Leafs lines at morning skate (vs. Pittsburgh tonight):
    Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
    Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
    Leivo-Gauthier-Ennis
    Johnsson

Rielly-Hainsey
    Gardiner-Zaitsev
    Dermott-Ozhiganov
    Marincin-Holl

Andersen
    Sparks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Nylander is not even close to being as good as RNH or Draisaitl.
    That's funny... pretty sure every GM in the league would trade RNH for Nylander in a heartbeat.

Big Daddy

Pretty disappointing to have not received any sort of update from Dubas regarding his meeting with Nylander in Switzerland. I?m hoping Elliott Friedman or Chris Johnson will have some kind of news tonight on Saturday Headlines but I?m not expecting much. This is getting beyond frustrating at this point. Nylander isn?t doing himself any favours, just sign the best offer kid!

Dobber Sports Titan

Pretty disappointing to have not received any sort of update from Dubas regarding his meeting with Nylander in Switzerland. I?m hoping Elliott Friedman or Chris Johnson will have some kind of news tonight on Saturday Headlines but I?m not expecting much. This is getting beyond frustrating at this point. Nylander isn?t doing himself any favours, just sign the best offer kid!
    Can't fault someone for looking out for themselves.

He signs a deal that "helps the team", next yr gets traded to Arizona. He just wants to make sure he's not gonna get screwed over by the team. If he could have a NTC on his contract (can't for RFA's I do believe), he likely would have signed that 8yr, 6.5-7mill/yr deal. That's my thinking on it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both Neuvirth and Darling were brought up to their NHL clubs this morning. Pickard and McElhinney could both be waived in short order.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Both Neuvirth and Darling were brought up to their NHL clubs this morning. Pickard and McElhinney could both be waived in short order.
    I’ve been refreshing Twitter since noon to see if either have been placed on waivers but no news yet. Apparently Toronto has first dips on them since they lost them on waivers but in order to send them down to the Marlies, they would have to clear. I know there was some discussion/debate in regards to that rule in this thread earlier.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Toronto does not have first dibs, the Leafs have the same waiver spot they would if they were claiming anyone else. However, if the Leafs are awarded the waiver claim they can send a reclaimed player directly to the Marlies while every other team would have to keep them on the NHL squad.

Big Daddy

Oh okay, so I had that reversed. Was just going off what I read on Twitter. Thanks for the clarification.