Results 3,031 to 3,037 of 3037

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

6 days till deadline day. Trade outline:
    Top UFAs for Leafs:
    Bozak, JvR, Komarov

Top Trade Bait:
    Liljegren, Dermott, AJ, Leivo, SJS 2nd rounder, Bracco, Aaltonen, Rosen, Borgman, Kapanen.

Lilly, Dermott, and Kap should be the “untouchables”. Bracco, AJ, Levio should be the “If traded, they win the trade” type of people. The rest are the “willing to trade” group.

Obviously the target is a defender, but looks like the Leafs will be going for more of a “5th-7th” type of d-man than a top 4. A cool creative deal could be something centralizing around Gardiner for Carlson. Gardiner has 1 more yr after this at 4.05mill, Carlson is at 3.97mill and is a UFA this off-season. The caps have like 15mill to be spent on 8 players for the 2018-19 season, so Carlson is 100% a free agent this offseason if he's on the Caps still. Could be interesting.
    12 team, H2H, Keep 6 (max 1 goalie)
    G, A, Pts, PIM, +/-, PPP, FW
    W, Saves, S%, GAA
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA
    C: Backstrom, Stamkos, RNH
    LW: Skinner, Arvidsson (RW), Zetterberg (C)
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner (C), Drouin (C,LW)
    D: Karlsson (D), Klingberg, Rielly, Carlson, Hamilton
    G: Andersen, Quick, Darling
    IR: Kesler (C)
    IR+: FREE
    NA: Sprong (RW)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The caps have like 15mill to be spent on 8 players for the 2018-19 season, so Carlson is 100% a free agent this offseason if he's on the Caps still.
    They should have about $17.5M if the cap goes up to $80M which is expected, although it could go up to $82M as well. Let's say they give Carlson $7.5M, so that still leaves them with $10M for the remaining 8 free agents who are all low-end players, so that's not bad. Wilson, Beagle, Chiasson, DSP, Kempny, Chorney, Bowey, Grubauer - these are not players who will break the bank. If they want too much, you move on without them. But you don't lose Carlson because of them.

And they should also buy out Orpik which gives them additional $3M in cap space. It's possible Carlson leaves Washington but I don't understand where you're getting your 100% certainty.
    Writer & scout at DobberProspects, focusing on the SHL and the Florida Panthers. Find me on Twitter @JokkeNevalainen

GDHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    23 pro, 33 ML players / G,A,Pts,STP,Tk,Hits,Blk,TOI-SH, W,Sv,SV%,GAA

WHL - 24 teams, H2H points Salary Cap Keeper @ Fantrax
    25 pro, 10 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

VHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    22 pro, 30 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,Hit,Blk,PIM,FO%, W,Sv,SV%,GAA,SHO

The Magnificent One

I don't see the leafs making a big deal at the deadline. Stand pat.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    They should have about $17.5M if the cap goes up to $80M which is expected, although it could go up to $82M as well. Let's say they give Carlson $7.5M, so that still leaves them with $10M for the remaining 8 free agents who are all low-end players, so that's not bad. Wilson, Beagle, Chiasson, DSP, Kempny, Chorney, Bowey, Grubauer - these are not players who will break the bank. If they want too much, you move on without them. But you don't lose Carlson because of them.

And they should also buy out Orpik which gives them additional $3M in cap space. It's possible Carlson leaves Washington but I don't understand where you're getting your 100% certainty.
    Ya i forgot the big jump in cap space. If it was still at the 75mill, they'd have about 12.6mill actually in space (had the number wrong in my head) and the 8 spots with 12.6mill is pretty hard to do. but 8spots with 17.6mill is pretty easy to do if you sign Carlson to 7-7.5mill you get between 10-10.6mill for bottom guys.

my bad.
    W, Saves, S%, GAA

Dobber Sports Star

I personally believe it's a no-brainer to flip JVR for a top prospect, if that trade comes available. I don't see why it wouldn't. He's a legit top sixer at a very reasonable price who could put a contender over the top. (Slide in Kapanen into the vacated JVR hole).

Bozak is probably worth more to the Leafs than what they will fetch in a deal. He's still a good depth centre, wins draws, pitches in a little offensively, perfect fit on the 3rd line, really. I can't see anyone offering more than a 2nd rounder for him, in which case you have to keep him.

Leo - same boat as Bozie. You won't get good value for him via trade, and he's kind of built like a good playoff warrior, grinding out board battles, getting under skin etc. etc. Nobody will offer more than a 3rd, in which case you have to keep him.

I doubt Lou does anything substantial, but I would be looking hard to upgrade the D, any one of Gardiner, Hainsey or Zaitsev plus picks, plus Leivo for an upgrade in that 2, 3 D man slot.

Dobber Sports Expert

I guess the Leafs would never make a run @ mcdonagh?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I guess the Leafs would never make a run @ mcdonagh?
    They don't need a LHD in my eyes, I rather stay the course than trade for another LHD.
    W, Saves, S%, GAA

Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 198 199 200 201 202 203