Page 269 of 414 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Rielly's on pace for 105pts .... what's different?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Rielly's on pace for 105pts .... what's different?
    Well yesterday was the first game he looked like 2018-19 Rielly. And 3 of his 4 assists last night were flucky or secondary assists. And if you watched him the previous games, he looked not as dominate. He really looked a bit slower this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Well yesterday was the first game he looked like 2018-19 Rielly. And 3 of his 4 assists last night were flucky or secondary assists. And if you watched him the previous games, he looked not as dominate. He really looked a bit slower this yr.
    We're 6 games in... new D partner patience.

... and I believe Dermott has played up with Rielly in the past.

Dobber Sports Titan

We're 6 games in... new D partner patience.

... and I believe Dermott has played up with Rielly in the past.
    It's his foot speed I was commenting on and not his chemistry. Could just be knocking off the rust still though. And I don't think so with Dermott. Rielly was really just linked with Hainsey last yr.

I really wish Left Wing Lock would keep previous years info, as it would be VERY handy right now.

Oh well, can't really complain about the Leafs start outside of the first 10minutes of the game. They really need to be "Starting on Time"

Dobber Sports Titan

It's his foot speed I was commenting on and not his chemistry. Could just be knocking off the rust still though. And I don't think so with Dermott. Rielly was really just linked with Hainsey last yr.

I really wish Left Wing Lock would keep previous years info, as it would be VERY handy right now.

Oh well, can't really complain about the Leafs start outside of the first 10minutes of the game. They really need to be "Starting on Time"
    Or you could just sift through all of the line combo data you could want on FrozenTools
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Or you could just sift through all of the line combo data you could want on FrozenTools
    Rielly played most with Hainsey last season, then as a single Dman, then Muzzin, then Gardiner, and then Dermott.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Yooooooo. Didn't know they did that.

SICKKK

In 2018-19 Dermott's pairings
    Dermott-Ozi - 9.10%
    Dermott-Gardiner - 2.22%
    Dermott - Hainsey - 1.99%
    Dermott - Zaits - 1.94%
    Dermott - Rielly - 1.62%

You could prolly argue that the Dermott/Rielly line was probably between shifts if this tracks all ice time and not just the start of a shift.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yup, pretty awesome site!

And that's a good point. I would assume it's per shift, but it could be per ice time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yooooooo. Didn't know they did that.

SICKKK

In 2018-19 Dermott's pairings
    Dermott-Ozi - 9.10%
    Dermott-Gardiner - 2.22%
    Dermott - Hainsey - 1.99%
    Dermott - Zaits - 1.94%
    Dermott - Rielly - 1.62%

You could prolly argue that the Dermott/Rielly line was probably between shifts if this tracks all ice time and not just the start of a shift.

I'd be curious what the margin of error is for tools like that. e.g. 1.62% +/- 1.5% ?
    Don't get me wrong - I think the tool is terrific and I'd bet it's as accurate as it can possibly be.
    It's the source data from the NHL that concerns me.
    The NHL can't even properly track shots and hits data, and those stats should be relatively easy given that the puck is there.
    It seems highly unlikely to me that the NHL is accurately tracking ice time for 40 different players on any given game day. Ok, maybe the backup goalies they can get right on most nights.

To be fair, "accurately" means different things to different people. It would just be interesting to me to see the margin of error on hockey statistics. It is surely much greater than baseball tracking, for example.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I'd be curious what the margin of error is for tools like that. e.g. 1.62% +/- 1.5% ?
    Don't get me wrong - I think the tool is terrific and I'd bet it's as accurate as it can possibly be.
    The NHL can't even properly track shots and hits data, and those stats should be relatively easy given that the puck is there.
    It seems highly unlikely to me that the NHL is accurately tracking ice time for 40 different players on any given game day. Ok, maybe the backup goalies they can get right on most nights.

To be fair, "accurately" means different things to different people. It would just be interesting to me to see the margin of error on hockey statistics. It is surely much greater than baseball tracking, for example.
    Hockey is also the hardest sport to track stats I'd say. It's the only sport out of the major NA ones that have live changes. For a split second there could be 9players on the ice for 1 team. Who's 1s of ice time is that?

Dobber Sports Titan

I would say it's fairly irrelevant. If I'm looking at line combo data, the difference between 1.5%, 1.62%, and 4%, means absolutely nothing. I can see that the players rarely played together, and who someone plays with most often. It probably does have it's flaws, but any public data is just being used for "fun" and any team data is being done professionally to whatever standard they need. I'm happy with it.

Dobber Sports Jedi

and at 5x5

LHD RHD doesn't meant one can't play the other side. I mean Babcock's last season in Detroit he had 1 RHD out of 7 rostered Dmen.

This minutia focus on LHD - RHD pairing is really getting intense. It seems to all stem from Babcock at the last Olympics and his focus on having that on his pairs. It's an ideal. Some D are comfortable on their offside.

Administrator

I would say it's fairly irrelevant. If I'm looking at line combo data, the difference between 1.5%, 1.62%, and 4%, means absolutely nothing. I can see that the players rarely played together, and who someone plays with most often. It probably does have it's flaws, but any public data is just being used for "fun" and any team data is being done professionally to whatever standard they need. I'm happy with it.
    Exactly. It's representative, not 100% accurate. If you see 1.62% you know it's definitely not 20%.

There's also the fact we're not a primary source of data so we have to parse online data. There's always room for small errors in there. In fact a bug was recently discovered in one of the Vegas/SJ games where a bunch of penalties were handed out and the way they wrote the play-by-play events it made our system think Deryk Engelland had a shift on the power play. Rare occurrence + subpar handling on the NHL.com side. I'm sure there's more needles in the haystack to be discovered.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Aren't all players wearing data tracking devices this year?

Administrator

Aren't all players wearing data tracking devices this year?
    If you're following on Twitter... it's a trainwreck.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust