Page 219 of 412 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Andersen & Sparks both expected to be back tonight.
    When is Nylander back in the lineup? He signed that deal a month ago I'm surprised he hasn't played yet............................................... ......................

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    When is Nylander back in the lineup? He signed that deal a month ago I'm surprised he hasn't played yet............................................... ......................

Nylander is scratched, both Andersen and Sparks will play.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Matthews, Kapanen, Marleau, Kadri, and Nylander have a combined 4goals since Christmas I'm pretty sure. But it's Nylander's fault.

Toronto since Nylander has been in the lineup has been controlling most games they've played in, it's just their goaltending (Andersen not playing) and PP weren't stealing games.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Matthews, Kapanen, Marleau, Kadri, and Nylander have a combined 4goals since Christmas I'm pretty sure. But it's Nylander's fault.

Toronto since Nylander has been in the lineup has been controlling most games they've played in, it's just their goaltending (Andersen not playing) and PP weren't stealing games.
    Haha I know....just being a shit. He's an easy target right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

But I'm still waiting to see a solid resemblance of the Nylander of the past. And it's just criticism as it was his decisions that put him in the place he currently is in. That said, there hasn't been a season yet where Nylander has been solid from start to finish. As recently as last year (I believe) Nylander spent some time toilling on the lower lines (4th line included) before he lit it up later with matthews and solidified himself on that line. Maybe that's where we currently are. I really wish they would have started him with the Marlies to get his legs and perhaps avoid some of this bad press a bit.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    But I'm still waiting to see a solid resemblance of the Nylander of the past. And it's just criticism as it was his decisions that put him in the place he currently is in. That said, there hasn't been a season yet where Nylander has been solid from start to finish. As recently as last year (I believe) Nylander spent some time toilling on the lower lines (4th line included) before he lit it up later with matthews and solidified himself on that line. Maybe that's where we currently are. I really wish they would have started him with the Marlies to get his legs and perhaps avoid some of this bad press a bit.
    Marner was on the 4th line last yr too. Actually in the last 3yrs, not every Leafs star has clicked at the same time, which is weird, but you kind of get it?

You can def see when Nylander has heavy legs, and it's easy to notice on a player who does coast randomly, so when he's tired he seems to coast in the offensive zone right now. Maybe the ASG break will serve him well just because coming in and playing might have given his legs a shock he hasn't recovered properly form?

The Great One

Nylander is the softest leaf forward and the worst defensively.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Nylander is the softest leaf forward and the worst defensively.
    That is not new news.

However, who would be the top 3 worst defensive forwards on the Leafs? to make it even harder, what's their worst 3 defensively without Lindholm, Gauthier, Ennis, and Moore?

-Nylander, Matthews and Marleau? When Matthews and Marleau could be argued as the worst "impactful" defensive forward on the Leafs, that's a pretty good 2-way forward core. So calling Nylander the worst, ok, he's up against some pretty strong candidates so yeah, not news calling him the worst defensively.

It's a serious question, who's the worst top 3 defensive forwards in the "top 9" players? Heck even add Par and GOAT, they're not bad defensively.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, seems the rest of the team decided to take the pressure of Willy but turning in an all around shit effort. Seriously. Gardiner? That was a joke effort for a #2/3 D. He was man handled. 13 shot effort for the team into the 3rd period? Absolute joke of a non effort night. Time to make a move cause this is turning into the same movie we saw last year. Fool me once! Fool me twice?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gardiner has always been an embarrassment... can't wait till he's gone.

Nylander - now there's a joke.

Dobber Sports Master

I didnt watch the game but noticed JT was -4 and Gardiner was even for the night .

Dobber Sports Titan

1. Gardiner getting booed is F&*KING ridiculous. One way to make it snowball for a guy like Gardiner is making him less confident. Booing your own team is low, and anyone who did that last night is an idiot in my books. I may get what was happening years ago (pre-shanahan) but that was years and years of poor play by management. But booing one player...come on.

2.Gardiner is what he is. It seems like people expect Rielly.

3. Gardiner was bad, but the whole team was. Why did no one boo Kardi if you're booing Gardiner? He was completely stripped by Rantanen for their 3rd goal. He's been bad recently. Gardiner at least tried to tie the man up. It's almost like it's cool to boo Gardiner and just give others a pass.

4. Gardiner was almost in tears after the game when being told by reports that his team was sticking up for him and they were behind him. Kinda let in the glimpse of pressure that Gardiner seems to be constantly under and he knows when he's bad, even without the booing, but definitely took him back when being told the team was behind him.

5. On the goal where Dermott was on his belly behind the net after sliding, then it swung to Soderberg in the slot off to the side, he was Nylander's, or the center's guy right there. Can't remember who was there, but it was like "dead controller" movement to cover him, and when the pass happened, they finally moved to cover CS. It's small things like that TBL don't make, and why they're in 1st. Toronto doesn't need a massive change, it's just small dumb mistakes right now.

Worth a shot in this thread - any of you local guys interested in tickets this year?

I need to sell:
    Jan 20 vs Arizona.
    Feb 4 vs Anaheim
    Mar 2 vs Buffalo
    Mar 23 vs NYR
    April 2 vs Carolina

Section 311 Row 2 (great seats).
    Send me a message if you're interested!

Dobber Sports Ace

Matthews has one goal in his past eleven games.

Does anyone think this guy is carrying an injury?

Dobber Sports Immortal

What an incredible game last night!