Page 260 of 412 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh I know the LTIR rules to a point of talking about them. But I tend to mix up my thoughts on them, so I apologize.

Using LTIR is better than Off-season LTIR (OSLTIR).

- So in the off-season the teams are allowed to go 10% over the cap for a total of $89,650,000
    - Leafs are at $94,865,199, so like 16.4% over the cap
    - So they've utilized "off-season LTIR" to be able to do this most likely right?
    - They're $5,215,199 over the 10% off-season cap relief. They move Clarkson ($5,250,000) onto OSLTIR. Leafs are 10% plus cap compliant
    - They sit at $89,650,000 now. $8,150,000 over the cap. To be regular season cap compliant, you need to under the cap upper limit before placing ppl on "LTIR". Leafs need to get under $81,500,000.
    - They waive Petan ($775,000), Agostino ($737,500), Marincin ($700,000), and Harpur ($725,000). Leafs sit at $86,712,500, or $5,212,500 over the cap.
    - They move Horton ($5,300,000) onto OSLTIR. Leafs sit at $0 cap space with Hyman ($2,250,000), and Dermott ($863,333) on IR and the team roster (counting towards the cap still).
    - Leafs LTIR Hyman+Dermott to get to$3,113,333 cap space.

Leafs bring up whoever they want for 15-20games until Hyman and Dermott come back. If they are away from the team for 15 games, they waive who they brought up the first time and activate Hyman and Dermott, they'd have ~$569,512 in cap space.

Or is my thought pattern wrong? It's completely different final numbers than my last page example lol. The cap rules are fun...ish.
    Honestly, I haven't looked into offseason LTIR much, as I didn't see it making much of a difference. What would make more sense though, is likely putting Hyman and Dermott on OSLTIR, and then Horton and Clarkson would be on LTIR for the entire season. Then we can activate Dermott and Hyman, barely within the cap (by my rough estimate).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I should probably know this...but what happens if a team is over the cap? What if Dubas comes out and says “you know what, stuff your communist cap right where the sun don’t shine”? Do they forfeit games? Get relegated to the AHL? Pay fines that then go to the other owners?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I should probably know this...but what happens if a team is over the cap? What if Dubas comes out and says “you know what, stuff your communist cap right where the sun don’t shine”? Do they forfeit games? Get relegated to the AHL? Pay fines that then go to the other owners?
    Teams found to have violated the cap face fines of up to US$5 million, cancellation of contracts, loss of draft picks, loss of points and/or forfeiture of game(s) determined to have been affected by the violation of the cap.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I think the league can void the last move of the team (contract or transaction) to respect the cap space (maybe I'm wrong)
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Titan

Imagine the Leafs figuring out the like "upper limit" where they would just fine the Leafs every day $10,000 for being over the cap and they just go, "eff it, fine us. He's the $1,850,000 right now"

About last nights game, Barrie and Gauthier looked good. Gauthier looked like he lost weight, or add speed. Barrie breaks the puck out really well, and the fact he wants to shoot as a D-man is quite the change.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

That Sparks guy in Vegas looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe he's worth a shot at backup?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Imagine the Leafs figuring out the like "upper limit" where they would just fine the Leafs every day $10,000 for being over the cap and they just go, "eff it, fine us. He's the $1,850,000 right now"

About last nights game, Barrie and Gauthier looked good. Gauthier looked like he lost weight, or add speed. Barrie breaks the puck out really well, and the fact he wants to shoot as a D-man is quite the change.
    Is there any chance Gauthier makes this team out of camp? Seems Like Spezza would be locked in as C4 and that would have to force Gautier and/or Aberg, Petan or any of the other fluery of 1 year cheapo moves to the wing or to the Press Box... or down to the Marlies.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That Sparks guy in Vegas looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe he's worth a shot at backup?
    I still think it was a mistake to move him after one poor season. He's going to relegate Subban in Vegas and steal the job.
    I said a couple pages back when the trade took place that he would give Subban & his .902 svpct a run for his money.

Sparks is a fighter. Statistically, he'll end up with a better season than whoever the Leafs wind up with as a back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Is there any chance Gauthier makes this team out of camp? Seems Like Spezza would be locked in as C4 and that would have to force Gautier and/or Aberg, Petan or any of the other fluery of 1 year cheapo moves to the wing or to the Press Box... or down to the Marlies.
    maybe as the 13th forward? I dunno... I kinda think his time in Tor might be coming to a close.

Big Daddy

In typically Leafs Nation fashion....

It’s a big game tonight! I’m really pulling for Hutchinson to somehow look like an NHL back-up and give us some kind of hope.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't be surprised if Tor trades for another back up. Domingue if TB eats 300k? heh

Dobber Sports Titan

Spezza C,LW for 4th line and PP2?

He was brought in on a cheaper deal than what he was offered elsewhere, and he's a vet so the Leafs are prolly attacking his roster spot as, "Other guys have to beat you to make the team" approach.

Mikheyev is likely the same boat. If he's sent down to the AHL I can see him just going "eff it back to the KHL" if it doesn't go that well. So they might have him pencilled into the starting lineup until he sucks, or is completely beaten.

Matthews, JT, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson, Mikheyev, Kerfoot is your top 8. With Hyman back eventually to make top 9

You'd think Moore is a lock to start on the 4th with Spezza

The contract Agostino signed ($750,000 salary this yr), makes me want to think they want him, but signed the contract to protect him from waivers a bit. The higher salary than cap hit might be enough to sway a team away from claiming him.

Nicolas Petan is the opposite of Agostino surprisingly. The salary this yr is less than the cap hit. So maybe he's in a spot to "prove me while on the NHL roster"

Nick Shore is prolly in the same boat as Petan. Coming from the KHL, who knows what he's got in him. He's only 26yrs old. He's put up some solid AHL numbers, then was on an offensively starved LAK team. He's a question mark.

Gauthier seems like he's prolly above Petan and Shore, but def needs to keep playing like he did in Pre-season game 1 to vault himself into the "you gotta lose the role now".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Spezza C,LW for 4th line and PP2?

He was brought in on a cheaper deal than what he was offered elsewhere, and he's a vet so the Leafs are prolly attacking his roster spot as, "Other guys have to beat you to make the team" approach.

Mikheyev is likely the same boat. If he's sent down to the AHL I can see him just going "eff it back to the KHL" if it doesn't go that well. So they might have him pencilled into the starting lineup until he sucks, or is completely beaten.

Matthews, JT, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson, Mikheyev, Kerfoot is your top 8. With Hyman back eventually to make top 9

You'd think Moore is a lock to start on the 4th with Spezza

The contract Agostino signed ($750,000 salary this yr), makes me want to think they want him, but signed the contract to protect him from waivers a bit. The higher salary than cap hit might be enough to sway a team away from claiming him.

Nicolas Petan is the opposite of Agostino surprisingly. The salary this yr is less than the cap hit. So maybe he's in a spot to "prove me while on the NHL roster"

Nick Shore is prolly in the same boat as Petan. Coming from the KHL, who knows what he's got in him. He's only 26yrs old. He's put up some solid AHL numbers, then was on an offensively starved LAK team. He's a question mark.

Gauthier seems like he's prolly above Petan and Shore, but def needs to keep playing like he did in Pre-season game 1 to vault himself into the "you gotta lose the role now".
    This is the type of analysis I need right now.

With my WHL redraft coming to a close ... thinking about Flyer pick on Petan or Aberg. Both fit in my cap barely at under a million. Any advice or direction from the Leaf nation watching these pre seasons? Aberg seems to be the safer pick with some upside. Petan seems to be a prove it pick with more chance of tanking.

I’m on the clock (essentially 4 hours to pick lol)

Dobber Sports Jedi

With my WHL redraft coming to a close ... thinking about Flyer pick on Petan or Aberg. Both fit in my cap barely at under a million. Any advice or direction from the Leaf nation watching these pre seasons? Aberg seems to be the safer pick with some upside. Petan seems to be a prove it pick with more chance of tanking.

might deserve its own thread... but I gotta think there's better options than the Leafs maybe 4th line winger available ? Like Matt Luff in LA?

Big Daddy

Who did you go with?

Big Daddy

Thinking a bit more of the Leafs cap situation for this season and the only real scenario where I can see them get some relief other than some more Pridham magic would be to trade Hyman. With our big 4 taking up so much and Johnsson, Kapanen and Kerfoot in the $3.5M range we are only left with the depth signings that were brought in this year at under $1M and then Hyman at $2.25M x 2. He is the only reasonable casualty I can see and I think he should be moved for the best picks offered. Open up his $2.25M hit for a real back-up goalie or for the trade deadline. Of course moving Ceci is an option but who is going to take him on at $4.5M and to be honest I’d like to see what he can do playing on a good team, not to mention we need all the help on d we can get.

The grit argument will come into play when talking about trading Hyman but let’s be honest, he doesn’t belong playing beside Matthews or Tavares. I think given the cap situation, the $2.25M in cap would be more valuable than what Hyman brings.