Page 276 of 414 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 286 326 376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's actually the plan. Babcock is a genius...
    Because he knows he cant beat Boston?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Shanahan and Babcock did say there was going to be pain right?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

D pairings at practice:
    Rielly-Ceci
    Dermott-Barrie
    Muzzin-Holl

BABCOCK CHANGED SOMETHING!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    D pairings at practice:
    Rielly-Ceci
    Dermott-Barrie
    Muzzin-Holl

BABCOCK CHANGED SOMETHING!!!
    But has anything really changed?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    But has anything really changed?
    Dermott makes one mistake and ends up playing only 10min.

That's my guess.

Administrator

I heard Babcock changed his password on his workplace computer. Slowly adapting!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I heard Babcock changed his password on his workplace computer. Slowly adapting!
    He won't switch to a finger print unlock on his phone though. "Finger print unlock is the easy way out. Passwords work hard, keep ya protected, and wins you tough games"

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have to say, if I'm paying that kind of money for a ticket to a Leafs home game, and I watch Mike Babcock, with his 6mil+ salary, looking completely mystified back there, I'd be FURIOUS. #BRINGBACKTHEWAFFLES

Now, with the mini rant out of the way, I am a little surprised that not more is being said about the assistant coaches. I don't want to defend Babcock for a second, but if one simplifies this team compared to the previous two seasons of 100+ points, what's the major difference?
    There's 2.
    Their D sucks and their Special Teams suck.

The latter is all on the assistant coaches. They took a good powerplay and completely changed it for some reason. Dropping from 8th to 22nd. What exactly was wrong with Matthews, Marner and Nylander all on their strong sides, anyway ?
    If your PP is 22nd in the league, your penalty killing better be darn good. Instead, they are a woeful 25th. Is it possible they miss Hainsey ? Gasp.

As for their D overall, I guess one could debate all day long whether it's the assistant coach who runs them, or the GM who assembled them, since there was such a huge turnover there. On paper, is that 6 THIS bad? I certainly don't think so. To me, Dermott and Holl is as good as any #5 and #6 pairing. Then again, Ceci is completely miscast in the top 4, much like Hainsey was. And Rielly is playing tired half the time because he needs to eat up so many minutes.

Anyway, too early to panic, but something has got to give. They should be able to handle the Marner injury without completely collapsing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I have to say, if I'm paying that kind of money for a ticket to a Leafs home game, and I watch Mike Babcock, with his 6mil+ salary, looking completely mystified back there, I'd be FURIOUS. #BRINGBACKTHEWAFFLES

Now, with the mini rant out of the way, I am a little surprised that not more is being said about the assistant coaches. I don't want to defend Babcock for a second, but if one simplifies this team compared to the previous two seasons of 100+ points, what's the major difference?
    There's 2.
    Their D sucks and their Special Teams suck.

The latter is all on the assistant coaches. They took a good powerplay and completely changed it for some reason. Dropping from 8th to 22nd. What exactly was wrong with Matthews, Marner and Nylander all on their strong sides, anyway ?
    If your PP is 22nd in the league, your penalty killing better be darn good. Instead, they are a woeful 25th. Is it possible they miss Hainsey ? Gasp.

As for their D overall, I guess one could debate all day long whether it's the assistant coach who runs them, or the GM who assembled them, since there was such a huge turnover there. On paper, is that 6 THIS bad? I certainly don't think so. To me, Dermott and Holl is as good as any #5 and #6 pairing. Then again, Ceci is completely miscast in the top 4, much like Hainsey was. And Rielly is playing tired half the time because he needs to eat up so many minutes.

Anyway, too early to panic, but something has got to give. They should be able to handle the Marner injury without completely collapsing.
    Of course they miss Hainsey. He was one of the few true defensive Dmen they had. I've been trying to tell Leafs fans that for ages. Until they get quality DEFENSE men, this team is going to struggle, not only to kill penalties, but when they are in their own end 5 on 5. What this team truly needs is two Hainsey's, only 5-10 years younger.

Dobber Sports Titan

As the head coach, if you don't like what you see on the PP/PK I would hope you would raise your voice at your assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    There's a stat with like 70% accuracy, that the teams in the playoffs come American Thanksgiving are the teams that make the playoffs in April. So, can't make moves based on panic, but things gotta change around this time if your goal is the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Their next stretch isn't really a murderer's row ....but the Coyotes and Avs next scare me. I'd say they are must win for Babcock.

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn't say this stretch is must win hockey, but it's "Must play better" hockey. Dubas said at the beginning of the year about Babcock's security he wouldn't measure him in wins. He'll measure him in hockey or something like that.

Now I didn't see the game outside of the 1st period and a bit of the second before I fell asleep, but from what I've read on Twitter quickly this morning is Spezza did well. So you know he'll be scratched Thursday if Kerfoot is back.

The PK just seems too aggressive right now with the forwards. The first Powerplay against in the first period the forwards INSTANTLY made it a scramble. I know they want to have forwards who can score out there to put pressure on the other team, but man, they were SO aggressive and once they got a bit scrambled, they had 0 attempt to reset into a box.

Muzzin looks pissed. All this talk about Barrie torpedoing his contract yr, but Muzzin is almost doing worse. Muzzin is playing "his role" and not producing/causing a ton of issues. I think it's 3 games in a row Muzzin has been out too long and a goal against has been the result. I know last nights was hard to blame him for. But why is it a pattern now? I feel like I just keep seeing issues, but it's so bleak I can't even think of a possible reason for the issues.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I wouldn't say this stretch is must win hockey, but it's "Must play better" hockey. Dubas said at the beginning of the year about Babcock's security he wouldn't measure him in wins. He'll measure him in hockey or something like that.
    Oh ya I was referring to Babcock's future.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think it is must win hockey. At least virtually must win hockey. As I posted on the last page, they need to me play at really, really strong clip (equivalent of 38-21 record now) to get 97 pts which would likely give them a wild card birth.

Thing is, they’ve been mediocre for almost a full calendar year now and since January have been playing at an 88-89 point pace which isn’t good enough to make the playoffs. It feels like a significant turnaround needs to happen and happen quickly with no more hiccups.

The leafs are only 3 pts above lowly Ottawa and the Sens have 2 games in hand. Toronto is only 5 pts above the very bottom of the entire league standings and everyone below them aside from Detroit has games in hand.

Toronto has only won 6 games in regulation from the 23 they’ve played and all 6 have been vs teams that are 25th or lower in league wide standings. It’s about as bad as the season could’ve gone for them so far.

Dobber Sports Titan

Stop with the negatives. Our pick we traded to Carolina is at least top 10 protected.