Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose Sharks

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm more interested in the trade market as Wilson has repeatedly held back from the free agent market. I think their big splash will be either just before the draft or during it. Then possibly close to the start of the season when someone is looking to deal (Nash a la Heatley style). I really don't think Nash is the answer, but he'd be better than Marleau if we can somehow swap those, not necessarily with just CLB, but in a sense we end up with Nash and Marleau is gone somewhere. I just don't think that fixes the problems we have.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What would you say our problems are?
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Genius

Right now, I'd say Marleau is an issue. He's talented, but doesn't really fit our top 6. So changing the top six is a must to some degree.

Also, I think once they sign Stuart, the Defense will be pretty solid, but I'd love for them to pull some sort of blockbuster for another amazing d-man in some sort of package. I'd like another clear-cut top 2 guy.

Another thing is I'm not sold on Niemi. They have tons of goaltending depth, but I'm not sure how good they are. I know they are solid, but no one is really ready except for maybe Greiss, but I don't think he can handle a full 60 game season and play like he can.

If you'd like to know more of what I'd really do Twiggy, check this out: http://thesharkremarks.blogspot.com/...-saturday.html
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Interesting thoughts. As you said, some of them are a bit more difficult to obtain, but some of them could definitely be done I would think.

I'd be prepared to let Niemi have another turn around. I wasn't hugely sold on him this year, but I do think a lot of that came from what was playing in front of him. Especially when short handed. With the PK being so disgusting this year we were allowing way too many easy shots/goals there and that was in effect making Niemi worse. But I do agree on the depth. They're supposed to be fantastic, but we've got no idea how they will stand up in an actual position of responsibility.

I completely agree with your theory on moving Marleau, Thornton and Boyle. Boyler would be the last of the three to go in my books, but that's more reliant on if you're able to land another defenseman (I.e. your Suter type). If we can't get another big ticket item there I'd hang on to him. I've long thought that Marleau and Thornton have been our biggest issues. More post season than anything, but that's where you need your stars to shine. The pair of them have always struck me as 'Flat Track Bullies'. Can absolutely annihilate the weaker teams and when there's no pressure on the line, but when the intensity and contest ratchet up a notch, they go missing.

The one upside to moving Joe and Marleau is while they're on good money, it's only for 2 more seasons. So if one of the top teams did want to acquire them for a solid run to the cup, they're not going to be financially hamstrung for the next 5 years or anything.

I think overall you look at most teams who run deep into playoffs, they all have clutch players and a fair few of them. Clutch in my mind can be defined as scoring that big goal, making the big save, but can also just be as simple as grinding the other teams best player into nothing, or constantly taking the big shot blocks, or always threatening with a big burst of speed to throw open the defense. We just don't seem to have many players of that quality. You know Pavs and Logie will always give you their best and it's usually good, but so many of the other players out there don't stand out in any real way when the heat is on.

Ugh lol
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg

Dobber Sports Genius

Pretty much how I feel. I like Boyle and would love to see him stay, but I think if they're gonna change and do a full retooling, he'll bring in a ton of assets for the future.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Landing Burns last year helps that a lot. Not quite as painful if he was to go lol.

G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, especially if they could turn it into a high draft pick. This team needs something to get excited about coming up. The last one was Coyle, and before that it was Couture. In between it was Petrecki who's been a major let-down.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Yeah he's really peetered out to nothing hasn't he.

I did quite a big rant a few years back about our lack of upcoming forward talent. About the best we've got in the pipes is Wingles...Mashinter? Most of our prospects will pan out to be 3rd/4th liners, with the odd player being able to do spot duty on a top 6 spot. Nobody to generate lots of excitement

G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm

Dobber Sports Genius

The new best forwards are Freddie Hamilton and Matt Nieto. At best, they're decent scoring 3rd liners.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

DW just resigned
    Desjardins 1 year
    Wingels 2 years
    Braun 3 years

Haven't seen the money #s yet but I'm loving the 3 years for Braun. I really think hes gonna be a good one for us. I see a great 2-way dman. Also, apparently Braun has been asked about by other teams.

Desjardins 1 year deal. Good energy player

I like Wingels too, but I wish we could have Mcginn back.

Dobber Sports Genius

McGinn was better, and could prove to be a major loss.

As long as they can sign Galiardi to a decent term and he starts producing like I think he can, then that will soften the blow considerably.

Signing Adam Burish was just sad. He's not a terrible player, but being the first call really worries me.

Plus, nothing seems imminent or even going on with rocking the core like Sharks fans were promised. Swapping out the bottom 2 lines doesn't do jack squat. That happens just about every year. Marleau doesn't seem to be on the way out, but I know people were waiting for Parise and Suter to sign. Well, they did and I still don't hear much.

Plus, I'm adamantly against the asking price for Nash. I wouldn't hate having him, but something like Pavelski, Bruan, 1st rounder, plus Doug Murray seems like an atrocious asking price. I see Nash as slightly better than Pavelski and Pavs has a much more friendly cap hit. That's huge today in valuing a player. If DW does something similar to this I might just lose it.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Whew! Just had to post my sigh of relief here.

So glad the Sharks didn't gave and send Couture or Pavelski out. That would have been dumb.

Speaking of the Sharks, not much has happened. They Signed Stuart and Burish...

Sounds like they are not talking about trading Marleau (unclear as to why). He just doesn't fit the teams needs at all. Plus, his no trade clause seems to be an issue now that he married a CA native.

Galiardi resigned, which I'm happy about. I think he'll make a bigger impact this season.

I'm willing to bet that one of Boyle, Murray, Demers gets traded at some point. I'm betting on Demers, but think Murray could really go. I would have said Vlasic, but he signed for pretty long-term.

The ownership and Wilson promised some big changes, but the biggest change has been signing Robinson as an assistant coach. Good move and one that will really help.

Be on the lookout as there is a chance that the Sharks go after some sort of trade here late in the offseason as they tend to lurk around in the murky waters of August.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

Glad you've jumped on the anti-Marleau train!

From what I've seen, DW is trying to do with Boston (and Chicago?). Make these deals (McGinn for Galiardi/Winnik) to get some quality bottom 6 guys but it hasn't worked. We keep getting new faces on the bottom 6, maybe its time to get new faces on the top 6?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was just watching some Zach Parise highlights, man he would be a great fit in San Jose

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not to thrilled or excited for this upcoming season..