Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [PG Section] PG Top 100 Roto Exclusive - Leave your Feedback!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    On a serious note, I do agree Richards and Koivu are closer than they appear on my rankings, and will be adjusted accordingly next update. This was the first list, so obviously there will be some corrections made. However, it still does not change the fact that Richards is the better player to own.
    Way to cave there praba haha

Koivu > Malkin.

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

True, and I never argued he wasn't I'm just saying they're closer than the rankings indicate. Which is my way of saying Richards is ranked too high, which if I recall correctly was my initial complaint.

Trust that you'll never hear me bitch about guys ranked within like 10 or so spots of each other but this one I had to make a fuss about.

I used Dobber's band-aid boy's list as a reference, take it up with him
    Oh I will be sending many nasty letters!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Way to cave there praba haha

Koivu > Malkin.

haha, I didnt cave in, I would still take Richards over Koivu 9 times out of 10. However I do support constructive criticism, and MD brought up some very valid points. Unless Koivu has a monster month, he wont be rising in the list more than a few spots. Sameways with Richards, unless he completely bombs it this upcoming month, he wont be moving down by more than a few spots.

Our lists are used for the benefit of the community, so If anyone can legitimately prove that someone should be ranked a little higher, than I am more than happy to alter my lists in the next update to reflect that. I am always the first one to admit mistakes, and I am no where near perfect. The more criticism we get, the better the lists become.

haha, I didnt cave in, I would still take Richards over Koivu 9 times out of 10. However I do support constructive criticism, and MD brought up some very valid points. Unless Koivu has a monster month, he wont be rising in the list more than a few spots. Sameways with Richards, unless he completely bombs it this upcoming month, he wont be moving down by more than a few spots.

Our lists are used for the benefit of the community, so If anyone can legitimately prove that someone should be ranked a little higher, than I am more than happy to alter my lists in the next update to reflect that. I am always the first one to admit mistakes, and I am no where near perfect. The more criticism we get, the better the lists become.
    Very humble of you!

But just for MD, I'll move Richards up and Koivu down. muahaha
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

This was the goal of my criticisms, I appreciate that you took them this way. Well, I'd be lying if I didn't have the alterior motive of also hopefully generating a little more buzz for you guys. A lot of work went into this and it deserves attention, even if it's all been negative from me, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This was the goal of my criticisms, I appreciate that you took them this way. Well, I'd be lying if I didn't have the alterior motive of also hopefully generating a little more buzz for you guys. A lot of work went into this and it deserves attention, even if it's all been negative from me, LOL.
    It's here to stay, and there will be many more editions

I'd say there was a lot of page views on this thread but between myself, praba, you, Dyz, ED and Dean we probably cover 1/2 of the clicks haha...

I'll be opening a 24 Hour Mail Bag soon enough - I have one more minor thing I want to take care of first.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Love the tier system, although it definitely as its limitations.

If I were to make my own tier formula for blocks - a category like +/- which is often less predictable from year to year - what would the tiers be? 200/150/100/50? As a category which applies almost exclusively to defensemen, could you have different formulae based on position. For example, you could have only 2 tiers for forwards - either they block or they don't - but have 4 or more tiers for defensemen, allowing for a higher proportion of their points to come from blocks.

Dobber Sports Sage

WOW... what an amazing job... above and beyond what I expected. Nice work, guys!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    WOW... what an amazing job... above and beyond what I expected. Nice work, guys!
    Thanks, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by spencergough View Post
    Love the tier system, although it definitely as its limitations.

If I were to make my own tier formula for blocks - a category like +/- which is often less predictable from year to year - what would the tiers be? 200/150/100/50? As a category which applies almost exclusively to defensemen, could you have different formulae based on position. For example, you could have only 2 tiers for forwards - either they block or they don't - but have 4 or more tiers for defensemen, allowing for a higher proportion of their points to come from blocks.
    Good question.

Eventually the Blocks and Hits category will be added to the lists in one form or other (next season perhaps).

And you hit the tiers on the button. 200 (Monster - 4), 150 (Full - 3), 100 (Half - 2), 50 (Faded - 1).

And again, you're quite correct when it comes to position because well, there hasn't been a forward who cracked 100 Blocks since Ryan Johnson in 2007-08 with 105. Usually the top shot blocking forwards hover around 90. The top forwards are pretty consistent (see Drury - 1st, 1st and 3rd the last three seasons) and Fisher is too (he might crack 100 this season).

Having seperate tiers for forwards and Dmen could work although if your league does count BS, it gives the opportunity for dmen to rank higher on the lists because it's tough enough to compare defensemen to forwards already, so that stat along with hits could give them more respect.

Thanks for bringing this up!

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

I'm sure we could do a whole other thread on this but I'm of the mind that PIM and Hits should never both be tracked in a pool. It's like if you eat a steak do you really need to mow down some meatballs too? This isn't epic mealtime, too much meat is gonna give you a stomach ache. So pick your poison carefully.

I'm sure we could do a whole other thread on this but I'm of the mind that PIM and Hits should never both be tracked in a pool. It's like if you eat a steak do you really need to mow down some meatballs too? This isn't epic mealtime, too much meat is gonna give you a stomach ache. So pick your poison carefully.
    haha...

Well my rational behind adding in Hits and BS is that Yahoo leagues have started using those two categories in addition to the other Standard cats (G, A, PIM, PPP, +/-, SOG).

Either way, it would be a seperate list so you could respectfully pick the poison of choice
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

Personally I prefer hits over PIMs in a pool because I just think it's wrong to get up and clap if your player elbows another guy in the head and gets 5+10.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Couldn't you say the same thing about goals and shots on goal?
    Icy Dead People

Limited keeper H2H (G A +/- PIM PPP SOG BLK W GAA SV%); 14-teams, 18-man rosters; 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 5D, 1 Util, 2G, 3BN; keep 7

C: Getzlaf, Malkin
    LW: Hall
    RW: St Louis
    D: Subban
    G: Quick, Niemi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spencergough View Post
    Couldn't you say the same thing about goals and shots on goal?
    Explain your reasoning. I definitely would say the same thing about GWG and SOG, mainly because GWG are a farse anyway but that's another story entirely. Goals are a fundamental category in any fantasy pool. Show me a fantasy pool where goals aren't a factor somehow and I'll show you a boring ass league.

Hits and PIM are peripheral stats. I like having at least one of them in a rotissery league but there had better be like 10 other categories that aren't dominated by the meatheads if I'm going to use both. The point being that the Boogie Man Derek Boogaard should not be as valuable as a guy like Kaberle, but if the scoring categories are limited to 6, 7 or 8 and you have both PIM and Hits then Boogaard is as valuable. So maybe I should have prefaced my statement better in that regard.

Dobber Sports Sage

If it helps, I would take Richards 10/10 over Koivu!!! Lol
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell