Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG Section] PG Top 100 Roto Exclusive - Leave your Feedback!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default [PG Section] PG Top 100 Roto Exclusive - Leave your Feedback!

February 14th 2011

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the official release of the highly anticipated PG Advised Exclusive!

Presented by GMG's Market Buzz, the release will include both praba and GMGates' Top 100 Keeper Roto Players. The Exclusive introduces an in-depth visual chart with a unique tier-based system influenced by the new PG Roto Score.

The detailed report will also feature unreleased contributions from myself (Market Buzz), praba (PG-13) and Dean Youngblood (DY Trends).

So be sure to leave feedback!

All the best,
    GMG

____

For those just tuning in :

Check out the Top 100 Roto Players!
    Last edited by GMGates; February 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

You best believe this arouses me.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Are you sticking to the usual cats?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You best believe this arouses me.
    Agreed. I feel that I am in the minority, but I so prefer ROTO leagues to straight pts leagues. Definately looking forward to this one.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Agreed. I feel that I am in the minority, but I so prefer ROTO leagues to straight pts leagues. Definately looking forward to this one.
    I actually rarely play rotissery, preferring the H2H format instead. That said, the principle is very much the same. But anything is better than straight points so you won't hear me arguing for that one.

Yea, I play mainly H2H but can't stand points based... It's like hey, it's draft time, let's look at last years leading scorers...

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm with you guys 100%. I forgot to mention H2H, as that is the format I have rarely played. .

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I'm with you guys 100%. I forgot to mention H2H, as that is the format I have rarely played. .
    Nothing to be ashamed of LOL. More than one way to skin a cat. I find H2H the more pleasurable experience because while it requires success over the full year, it gives a better representation of who was able to put it together by the end of the year. In Roto, you could pull off an end of year trade but not have it get you there, in H2H it can. It allows people to stay competitive for longer because of the chance element.

The biggest selling point on H2H for me is that at the end of each week I can be like, "Bitch I messed you up. You like apples, biotch? Well how do you like them apples?" And the way you set your lineups daily is also way more important. You can make one choice and have it turn the tide of an entire week, even an entire season. I still rue the day I benched Eric Staal in the finals two years ago. He went and got a hattrick and I lost the week 5-4 by just one goal. If I play that hattrick I would've won it all and been two time defending champion. Them's the breaks though I guess.

Nothing to be ashamed of LOL. More than one way to skin a cat. I find H2H the more pleasurable experience because while it requires success over the full year, it gives a better representation of who was able to put it together by the end of the year. In Roto, you could pull off an end of year trade but not have it get you there, in H2H it can. It allows people to stay competitive for longer because of the chance element.

The biggest selling point on H2H for me is that at the end of each week I can be like, "Bitch I messed you up. You like apples, biotch? Well how do you like them apples?" And the way you set your lineups daily is also way more important. You can make one choice and have it turn the tide of an entire week, even an entire season. I still rue the day I benched Eric Staal in the finals two years ago. He went and got a hattrick and I lost the week 5-4 by just one goal. If I play that hattrick I would've won it all and been two time defending champion. Them's the breaks though I guess.
    Yea, and it's nice in H2H when you do mess up earlier in the season it doesn't come back to bite you later. Okay, my goalie shit the bed this week, not winning goalie cats this week but there's always next week.

Dobber Sports Genius

In Roto, you could pull off an end of year trade but not have it get you there, in H2H it can. It allows people to stay competitive for longer because of the chance element.
    Imformative and funny post MD, but what I have quoted is definatley huge and very true.

LMAO-" You like apples biotch?"

love the discussion! Definitely pepped me up to release the following teasers before the days big release :

Reflected Roto Categories - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG

and...

PG Roto Score -

Age, upside, value, team and positional requirements, among other influences, impact where players are ranked. As expected, those who continually hit multiple Roto categories are favoured and active roster players are the focus. Salaries and contracts are not in effect.

Players are graded on a three-tier scale based on their recent achievements, current pace and two year upside. (See PDF, upon release, for legend)

This is not a player to player draft guide simply because the flow of draft, positions required and many other needs come into play. Each month, players will get shuffled up and down the standings based on pace, monthly performances, consistency and potential.

The lists also do not to include goaltenders due to the fact that The Goalie Guild and Dobber's Top 100 Goaltenders are already great references.

~~

Hype, Hype, Hype haha...

You will also notice that there are some pretty bold statements - but rest assured, we are fully prepared to give reasoning to our respective rankings (the newest Market Buzz reflects that).

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Did I mention it was 23 pages of pure awesomeness?

Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Stud

This section has turned into one of my favorites not gunna lie
    lovin the work your putting into this Gates and Praba keep it up
    Last edited by Wfactor; February 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

How come it's not up yet Gates! Get to work!

haha, worry not my friend. It's ready to go and going to be published some time today.

It's worth the wait
    Gates Imbeau