Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [PG Section] PG Top 100 Roto Exclusive - Leave your Feedback!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Yeah, that can easily be implemented in the traffic section.

I'll do a couple of fixes and get it uploaded

Look for this to be a regular feature and in detail for all future editions.
    Last edited by GMGates; March 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

this is a work in progress guys...just keep leaving feedback so we can do a better job. just a reminder, gates and I never see each other's rankings until they are to be posted, so they are completely unbiased which is why you see guys ranked so differently. also, my rankings are more towards "win now while not sacrificing the future"...it's hard to rank according to that philosophy, but i do my best. there are a lot of players that would help you in the short term more than players ranked above them, but i just cant justify putting together a list that has a top rookie with massive upside underneath a guy who is past his prime or near the end of it.

oh and btw good job to eveyrone who contributed to the guide...it looks even better than the last edition.

Administrator

Alright, I'm going to be a real evil bastard with this one.

I noticed you guys both had very differing views on the placement of Backes, particularly in relation to where you placed Clowe. Defend for me your placement of the two on your lists with particular emphasis to how they rate compared to one another.

Running the numbers...

Clowe 23-32-8-84-12-167 Ranked: 54(Gates) 40(Praba)
    Backes 25-26-21-91-13-179 Ranked: 17(Gates) 55(Praba)

Personally, I favour Gates' order but think overall Praba is more accurate.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Also, any quibbles anyone might have about my articles can be directed to Praba or Gates. The talent needs to be insulated negativity.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Alright, I'm going to be a real evil bastard with this one.

I noticed you guys both had very differing views on the placement of Backes, particularly in relation to where you placed Clowe. Defend for me your placement of the two on your lists with particular emphasis to how they rate compared to one another.

Running the numbers...

Clowe 23-32-8-84-12-167 Ranked: 54(Gates) 40(Praba)
    Backes 25-26-21-91-13-179 Ranked: 17(Gates) 55(Praba)

Personally, I favour Gates' order but think overall Praba is more accurate.
    Sorry I didnt see this until now.

In my opinion, there isnt that huge of a difference between clowe and backes (which is why i rank them only 14 spots apart, which isn't a big enough gap to make selecting either one over the other a dreadful mistake).

I really think Clowe is underrated in roto leagues. He is on pace for 67 points and 102 penalty minutes this season. Backes will likely give you more pims but less points than clowe. The problem with backes is that he plays for the blues. I just dont think he will be able to reach his upside playing on a team that has a tonne of forward depth. I made the mistake of loading my fantasy team with blues thinking it was a smart idea, and then i suffered the consequences watching each night as only a few of them would light up the score sheet.

Choosing Backes over Clowe isnt a bad idea, but Clowe is the better option right now. Long term, Backes could prove to be the better roto player, but so far he hasnt put up the offensive points that clowe has.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

my reply to Backes will be answered soon enough.. in the next article
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Sorry I didnt see this until now.

In my opinion, there isnt that huge of a difference between clowe and backes (which is why i rank them only 14 spots apart, which isn't a big enough gap to make selecting either one over the other a dreadful mistake).

I really think Clowe is underrated in roto leagues. He is on pace for 67 points and 102 penalty minutes this season. Backes will likely give you more pims but less points than clowe. The problem with backes is that he plays for the blues. I just dont think he will be able to reach his upside playing on a team that has a tonne of forward depth. I made the mistake of loading my fantasy team with blues thinking it was a smart idea, and then i suffered the consequences watching each night as only a few of them would light up the score sheet.

Choosing Backes over Clowe isnt a bad idea, but Clowe is the better option right now. Long term, Backes could prove to be the better roto player, but so far he hasnt put up the offensive points that clowe has.
    To add to this, if I were to choose between points and PIMs, give me the points. PIMs are an easier category to fill.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust