Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GREEN is out!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think I'm dropping him tomorrow. There is no reason to believe he will play above a 30 point D this season. I don't even really care if he does at least I won't waste 50% of my time here on this thread.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sorry guys, but whoever said they knew he was over rated, that is a pile of bullshit. Did you know he was over rated when he had two 70 points seasons in a row? Did you know he was over rated when three seasons ago he almost had 60 points? This season is an anomaly and nothing more.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Sorry guys, but whoever said they knew he was over rated, that is a pile of bullshit. Did you know he was over rated when he had two 70 points seasons in a row? Did you know he was over rated when three seasons ago he almost had 60 points? This season is an anomaly and nothing more.
    /agree. Srs.
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well, I've got him in 3 different leagues, and I just pulled the trigger to deal him away in my league where I have a solid chance of winning (team in sig).

Dealt Green and Neal for Ehrhoff, Horton and a mid-round draft pick.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Expert

Obviously, being a Green owner, and just as frustrated as other owners..I still don't like that deal for you....especially in a keeper league. Maybe I don't like it because it shows me just how far off his value has fallen.

When Crosby comes back, I like Neal way better than hot/cold Horton (more cold than hot)...and Ehrhoff for Green...yikes! I'm holding onto my Green and just hope for the best for next season.

Good luck in your quest for the title though!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Isn't it a good sign that he hopped on a plane last night to be with his family? Concussions are not usually good for flying. So that should be a little positive.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Totally agree..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    10 team H2H keeper league, year 14, Keep 8, (G, A, Wins, SO)

C -> Thornton, Malkin, Benn, Lecavalier, Schenn, Little
    W -> Ovechkin, Hemsky, Eriksson, J. Neal, Sullivan, Hartnell, Williams, Whitney
    D -> Green, Yandle, Lidstrom, Liles, Gardiner, Timonen
    G -> Hiller, Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Obviously, being a Green owner, and just as frustrated as other owners..I still don't like that deal for you....especially in a keeper league. Maybe I don't like it because it shows me just how far off his value has fallen.

When Crosby comes back, I like Neal way better than hot/cold Horton (more cold than hot)...and Ehrhoff for Green...yikes! I'm holding onto my Green and just hope for the best for next season.

Good luck in your quest for the title though!
    We only keep 5 in this league, and I've got Weber and Keith as potential keeper defensemen. With all the injuries on Vancouver's blue line, Ehrhoff should keep seeing lots of PP time and will hopefully out-point Green for the rest of the year.

If Crosby's return this year was a certainty I definitely would rather have Neal, but more and more I'm reading that Crosby very likely may miss the rest of the regular season.

Our trade deadline is next week, I didn't want to get stuck with Green and have it cost me the title. Hope this doesn't come back to haunt me!
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuperousFunker View Post
    Well, I've got him in 3 different leagues, and I just pulled the trigger to deal him away in my league where I have a solid chance of winning (team in sig).

Dealt Green and Neal for Ehrhoff, Horton and a mid-round draft pick.
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. One of the worst trades Ive seen onhere in awhile. Green alone should still warrant a huge name and a top 5 pick for next year- at least a first rounder. Neals inflated value right now is off the charts. In one league Dobber (or Angus) had posted a Neal for Healtey trade done- straight up!

Erhoffis decent but has his own share of question marks and in theory isnt even Vans top powerplay option when Edler gets back. Horton is a heartless sack of lazy. I owned him for 4 yearsmanaged to get a decent return after his hot start in beantown and could not have been happier.

Im not trying to rip you- everyone runs their own team how they see fit- but I just personally think that by next season you'll be regretting this one- BIGTIME! We've all been there- I traded Duchene for Arnott last year- yuck! I would not wish the sickening retch you feel everytime you read about how hot your ex-player is whilst simultaneously taking out missing persons ads on your new one. Never fun...

Dobber Sports Initiate

No worries Emu, I did think long and hard before pulling the trigger on this. Reality is I can only keep 5 players and I've got a very deep pool of players to pick from. In my mind Neal wouldn't even warrant consideration as a keeper for me, and Green's growing injury concerns paired with Washington's offensive problems (been too long to call it a slump) mean I'd probably wind up keeping either Keith or Weber over him anyway. I'd been offering him in various deals for a month or so but, believe it or not, this was one of the best I could find.

If Crosby was ready to return I'd definitely keep Neal over Horton for the rest of the season, but based on what I've read he's at least two weeks away (absolute best case if his symptoms disappear). With my trade deadline coming up this Wednesday, if I didn't make a deal like this now I would have been stuck with Green for the rest of the year.

Regardless of the points Green or Neal put up next season, if I manage to win this year (13 team keeper league), I doubt that next season I'd second guess the moves I made to get there. Typical case of ends justifying the means!

Banned

Keep on thinking that, then. I know he was/is overrated, as a HOCKEY PLAYER. Not just fantasy...He is a product of his teammates. He is just not a guy that you can have if you wanna win a Cup.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Keep on thinking that, then. I know he was/is overrated, as a HOCKEY PLAYER. Not just fantasy...He is a product of his teammates. He is just not a guy that you can have if you wanna win a Cup.
    Who cares about a cup? I just wanted to win my fantasy league.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Stud

Mike Green (head) is out of the Capitals' lineup for at least a week.
    Coach Bruce Boudreau spoke briefly about Green while talking about Washington's newest acquisition, blueliner Dennis Wideman. This has been a frustrating season for Green, who has been limited to 49 games due to a variety of injuries. When he has been healthy, he hasn't lived up to the offensive standards he set in his back-to-back 70+ point campaigns, but part of that is due to the Capitals shifting their focus to a more defensive style of play this season. We'll provide you with further updates on Green's status as they become available. Source: Washington Post
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So what happens to Carlson and Ice time now that wideman is there? He is still on the top Pp?
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by thepiper View Post
    So what happens to Carlson and Ice time now that wideman is there? He is still on the top Pp?
    If I had to guess, he's back to PP2
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford