Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a goalie and defenseman

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need a goalie and defenseman

Hi guys,

I am looking for a goalie and good defensement for my keeper league.

My team is composed of:

Forwards:
    E Stall
    D Heatly
    A Hemsky
    C Perry
    N Backstrom
    A Kopitar

Defenses:
    P Ranger
    B Seabrook
    W Redden

Goalies
    Budaj
    Bryzgalov

I have started to talk to a GM about trading for a goalie. He has the following defensements and goalies:

R Miller
    C Huet
    K Lethenon
    T Kaberle
    S Souray
    J Bouwmeester

In addition we have between 18 and 22 player\'s because we can offer more players in trade. At the moment, I have 21 players and the other team has 18 players.

I was thinking of offering this trade proposal:

Miller, Bouwmeester for Hemsky, 3th round (50 to 60 points player) and 4th round (55 to 50 points player).

What are your thought on my proposal? Would you take Miller or Lethenon? Should I offer another player then Hemsky? Is Bouwmeester worth it?

Thanx,

Gate

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:Need a goalie and defenseman

That\'s a good starting point i think...

I\'d prefer to get Lehtonen, since he\'s probably a bit cheaper (less publicized) and probably as good if not better than Miller. Lehtonen will also get more shutouts than Miller will. But, if he accepts your current offer, you\'re coming out like a rose (I doubt he will though).

You\'re trading 2 picks and 1 \"average\" (I say average because his numbers sucked this season - and he\'s arguably one of the two worst forwards you have in terms of point potential) player for one of the best young goalies in the league, and a great younger defender (bouwmeester is worth it by the way). On top of that, you have very poor goalies and defenders now, so you\'re kind of despirate for good players in those positions... The other guy you\'re trading with can use this as leverage on you in trade talks...

Bottom line... propose the deal you posted here, and if/when he rejects it, start sweetening the deal... Also, if you ask for Miller first and then you \"switch\" to Lehtonen (no real downgrade), it will seem like you are settling for Lehtonen, and you can probably work a deal pretty nicely at that point. Both Lehtonen and Bouwmeester play for pretty crappy teams too, so you can use that to your advantage as well...

I\'d say that a good deal to end talks with (either he accepts it or you stop talking trade - ie. your best offer), would be something like hemsky, budaj/bryzgalov (whichever you feel you can part with - my choice would be budaj), and the 3rd round pick. That way, he gets help with the forward position, and he gets a decent goalie to lessen the blow of losing one of his.

Pretty much regardless in this instance, I think you\'ll have to give him a goalie in the trade... nobody likes trading a goalie (especially of lehtonen\'s or miller\'s quality) without receiving some goaltending help in return...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Ninja

Though be prepared to suffer for a while when Hemsky tears it up with an actual player to play alongside next year.

Dobber Sports Icon

if it happens... where will this \"actual player\" you speak of come from exactly? Who do you have in mind?
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanx for the advise Lanky!

I...am your father.

lanky522 wrote:
    if it happens... where will this \"actual player\" you speak of come from exactly? Who do you have in mind?
    They\'ll have to find one, or they\'re toast. Hmmm...I think they may be toast!

I would prefer Miller in a heartbeat. The Sabres will be a better team than Atlanta for the next three years, and that\'s how far ahead I think usually.

I think you are coming in low with your offer, but if he likes it then all the power to you! Hemsky\'s value is as low as it will ever be right now (but then, so is Bouwmeester\'s).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like all the advice here so far. As for Lehtonen/Miller, I like the former for ratios, the latter for wins.

I absolutely love Hemsky\'s potential for a gazillion assists, but he needs someone to finish for him. Schremp? Nilsson? Who the hell knows... Dobber\'s right - Hemsky\'s value will never be lower than it is right now.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If Hemsky is a low value for the time being. Which player would you offer? Should I trade Heatley which as a great value?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'d sooner lose Perry than Hemsky, but I\'d hate to lose either... Heatley\'s untouchable for you. Could you offer the unproven Backstrom and the pick stuff for Miller/Lehtonen and his choice of one those 3 D\'s? Does he want all that youth?

--edit
    Oops. Let him offer any 1 G and any 1 D (from your shortlist) for Backstrom, without the picks... Maybe.

Post edited by: Steffen, at: 2007/05/25 22:51

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I dont expext him to want Backstrom but what about E Stall. I know he had a 30 points drop from last year. I could offer him?

Dobber Sports Icon

Try to avoid trading someone who you know can get 100 points (E. Staal did it two seasons ago), but is coming off of a bad season. As with Hemsky, Staals value is incredibly low right now... He could come out gang busters next season, and then you\'d feel silly for trading him...

If you want to offer more than hemsky, one of your goalies and/or picks as I suggested above, I would stick to the young guys that you have... While backstrom and kopitar have tremendous potentials, they may not get 100 points for another few years... Staal can turn around and do it anytime... I still think that you should try and downgrade what you ask for (ie, lehtonen instead of miller) rather than upgrading you\'re offering...

Thats just my opinion...
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Gate:

I would consider that Heatley and Staal are your best forwards.

Could you do something with your draft position in the trade? Are you drafting higher than your other gm in this trade? Would a change of draft positions work?

Right now I like Perry better than Hemsky. Hemsky might be good, might not be good, might be \'band aid\' boy. Perry will continue to get better. He, Penner and Getzlaf are special. Perry also scores goals. Hemsky will get you assists. Kopitar is going to be better. Backstrom is an unknown but his potential as the centre alonside Ovechkin is exciting.

Maybe you should consider dropping Bouwmeester, from your demands, and get a defenceman via the draft rather than trade. That might make it easier for you to get a deal done.

I wouldn\'t trade Heatley or Staal.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Rookie,

You are right, I should drop the defensement in the deal. I have the second pick overall because my team is the rebuilding mode. But my problem remains that I need a goaltender. The only goaltender available (that have played in the NHL last year) at my draft for the fall are:

Johan Holmqvist
    Chris Mason
    Jaroslav Halak
    Hannu Toivonen
    Marc Denis

All the other goaltender like Bernier, Pogge,price, etc.. are all available.

But I can still draft very good forward\'s like Sakic, Sundin, Stillman, Forsberg, Hedjuk, etc... and trade for a goaltender later.

I will think about it!

Dobber Sports Stud

Considering that you have draft options for goaltending and a defenceman, I wouldn\'t do anything at this time.

You have Budaj and Bryzgalov. Budaj will be the starter in Colorado. Bryzgalov could be the starter in Anaheim depending on whether or not Giguere pursues free agency. If Bryzgalov starts in Anaheim, he will give you more than what Lehtonen will give you in Atlanta.

Wait and see how things unfold. You have a high draft position, maybe use that as bait in a trade for a goaltender if you still feel that you have a need.

The Great One

What the hell is a defensement?:laugh: :cheer: :dry: