Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: Elliotte Friedman's 32 Thoughts

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Elliotte Friedman's 32 Thoughts

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Something approaching a real "32 Thoughts" article. Maybe Friedman (or more likely Marek) is a Dobber forum lurker?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Something approaching a real "32 Thoughts" article. Maybe Friedman (or more likely Marek) is a Dobber forum lurker?
    It was nice to click on this thread and see an article instead of people talking about EF LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry to bring this back to Marek again but damn yesterday was friggin repetitive.

I bet if you added up the total runtime of him talking about cutting himself shaving, it would make up over 10% of the show. And when you're talking about 2 hours, that's a lot of time!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Sorry to bring this back to Marek again but damn yesterday was friggin repetitive.

I bet if you added up the total runtime of him talking about cutting himself shaving, it would make up over 10% of the show. And when you're talking about 2 hours, that's a lot of time!
    Haha find they both repeat themselves quite often when telling certain stories. I don't know if it's just like a radio filler thing? But I find it annoying too.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is it possible EF is not aware of these background phone, gym sounds? Have any of you contacted him about this, given him your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha find they both repeat themselves quite often when telling certain stories. I don't know if it's just like a radio filler thing? But I find it annoying too.
    And we've all heard Marek mention the Kinison quote of not missing heaven by 2 inches.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Wanted to listen today because of the subject matter. I can't believe Friedman eats his lunch during the segments, while he's talking.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Is it possible EF is not aware of these background phone, gym sounds? Have any of you contacted him about this, given him your thoughts?
    Yes I have contacted Sportsnet and tried to contact the producers of the show and Elliotte and Marek. I have also seen many others do it on Twitter. They know and they don't care. So I just won't listen any more. There isn't a single other radio show where a guy can talk with his mouth full, drop dumbells on the ground and have his phone sounds on during a segment and get away with it.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

On Robert Thomas:

23. Robert Thomas is the newest Adam Oates apprentice. Brayden Schenn and Matthew Tkachuk convinced him to seek the new sensei as the St. Louis forward worked to improve his shot.

“I feel like that’ll open up more passing lanes,” Thomas said. “I feel like guys are starting to pick up (that) I’m always looking to pass…if I’m able to add that shot, the passing will be a lot easier… A lot of things he teaches are so simple and so small that you would never think of. Whether it's stick positioning or your forehand grip/backhand grip, there’s so many things that you just do naturally, but you don’t know why you do them. He’ll show you 10 clips in a game…Why did you do this? I thought it was just a whole other way to think the game.”

Thomas watched video of McDavid shooting to mimic the quickness, how McDavid beats the goalie before the goalie is ready. Did Oates try to change Thomas’s stick? No but, “He hates my curve.”
    Some goal scoring or even more shooting volume would be a game changer for Thomas' fantasy value.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    On Robert Thomas:

Some goal scoring or even more shooting volume would be a game changer for Thomas' fantasy value.
    And I am 100% here for that!! Thomas is already a very exciting playmaker. Adding the element of more shots and goals would definitely move him up a tier or two in everyone's rankings.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Dobber Sports Deity

Dobber Sports Sage

It was refreshing to hear Friedman and Marek talk about the tax advantage Vegas, Seattle, the Preds, Stars, and the Florida teams have over other teams especially the Canadian teams. In the past, especially Friedman would talk about the culture of the team and how teams make players want to sign in certain locations almost ignoring the fact that tax-free teams have a significant advantage over other teams. Secondly, it was also nice to hear them talk about the ridiculous LTIR loophole that some teams grossly exploit. Maybe it signals the league might make want to address these glaring issues which impact the competitiveness of the league.