Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Atlanta Thrashers

Dobber Sports Sage

Hey, you think Valabik is a career minor leaguer? Haven't seen nor heard much of him since he was sent down last year. Doneski?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Hey, you think Valabik is a career minor leaguer? Haven't seen nor heard much of him since he was sent down last year. Doneski?
    I'd be surprised if he amounted to anything more than an AHLer. If he ever makes it in the NHL it most likely will be with another team. He is most certainly a bust for being drafted 10th overall.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Big "playoff" game tonight for the Thrashers as they go to Carolina to take on the Hurricanes. Both teams are in the playoff race. Atlanta currently 8th, Carolina 9th. Carolina has two games in hand on the Thrashers. The outcome of this game should tell us how serious the Thrashers are about making the playoffs. If they lose and changes aren't made anytime soon then there will be no playoff hockey in Atlanta once again.

It's sad that the great start to the season has been going downhill ever since mid December. I can't say I'm too surprised. It doesn't take rocket science to come up with why the Thrashers are losing games.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 5, 2011 at 1:14 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Time for Rick Dudley to start doing instead of saying.

The Thrashers lost to the Leafs 5-4 in last nights game, and continue their losing streak which now puts all hopes of making the playoffs on idle. The Thrashers blew a 2-0 lead in the game and really only played well in a powerplay fest first period. After that, they blew up. The same mistakes are being made every single game. Coach Ramsay needs to be partially blamed as do the players. I'd blame Ramsay more though. You might watch NHL Network, or read an article on the internet about how Ramsay "turned around" the Thrashers. Why are people appreciating Ramsay? What did he do that I failed to see thus far? Please, anyone, feel free to tell me. It's been a bit premature to credit him, as people have been doing all season long, don't ya think? What did he turn around, exactly? Everyone jumped the gun and crowned him as if he successfully turned around the Thrashers. Thirty games doesn't define a season. I absolutely love how everyone crowned him after thirty games... except myself. He's been par, or below average in my book. Though, it would be selfish to just blame him and not the players who also deserve to be blamed. Like Byfuglien, Ladd etc. who've all been struggling. The team is playing bad. However, your not going to win or come close to making the players with Stapletons and Modins in the lineup which has to be considered. Having rookies like Burmistrov and Cormier in the lineup is the right thing to do because they are rookies with future NHL careers and need this time to develop. But why on earth is Tim Stapleton on the Thrashers, let alone an NHL team? I'd rather see Boulton in the lineup, at least he can throw down. Make a trade, rid Stapleton and Modin, become a true playoff threat, because as the team stands right now, the Thrashers are not making the playoffs.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Enstrom news:

Toby Enstrom could return as soon as tomorrow. He needs to be checked out by doctors/trainers first.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Tobias Enstrom officially back in the Thrashers lineup. I speculated he would realistically return on this date.

Thrashers are set to take on the Rangers tonight. The Thrashers playoff hopes are slowly fading away. Still time to turn things around but it must start tonight. Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal. Eric Boulton is also back in the lineup for tonights game.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Spencer Machacek has been recalled from the Wolves to fill in for Alexander Burmistrov. Freddie Meyer goes on the IR to make room. Burmistrov was injured in Friday's game against the Rangers, where he only played 7 minutes.

The Thrashers are set for another playoff like matchup against the Hurricanes. Both teams have 60 points each, but the Hurricanes have a game in hand. Both teams trail the Rangers by 2 points.

The Thrashers beat the Rangers in a closely contested game on Friday night, with the final score being 3-2. Trailing by a goal with 6 minutes left in the game, Evander Kane tied it and then eventually won it. This game showed a glimpse of just how great Evander Kane will be one day. Tobias Enstrom returned to action and recorded and assist in the win. His grade A defense returned as well, something the Thrashers missed. Just shows how much of a team MVP Enstrom is. The Thrashers are going to need the same production the rest of the way if playoffs want to become a reality.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Thrashers out shoot the Hurricanes 43-17, lose 3-2.

In a game that the Thrashers dominant, and a game that they should have won, they faced a hot Cam Ward who basically stole the game for the Hurricanes. Ward stopped 41 shots and only allowed 2 goals. It was a top performance by a top goalie.

The Thrashers offense came to life with chances from all over. Andrew Ladd was the most notable Thrasher with both goals, both being scored on breakaways. Ladd was also robbed from point blank right in front of Ward. Forty three shots on goal and only 2 goals. Ward was outstanding, and that may be an understatement.

Did Ward really win the game for the Hurricanes though? Or did Pavelec lose it for his own team? Pavelec allowed 3 goals on 17 shots, posting a mediocre save percentage and goals against. Did Pavelec face good shots? Sure. Did Ward face good shots? Try about a dozen more good shots than Pavelec faced. The only difference is Ward topped the good shots with good saves. Pavelec... not so much. Pavelec has been great all season long, but I'm tagging this loss on him. Allowing 3 goals on 17 shots is unacceptable, there is no way around it, especially when the Thrashers offense came to life. Pavelec let his team down in a playoff like matchup, and now it is highly unlikely that the Thrashers make the playoffs. It was just one of those games. Nothing ever goes right for this franchise and now the playoffs are in jeopardy yet again.

In other news:

The Bogosian trade rumors are going around again. Bogosian is having a horrible season but has looked good in his last 4 or 5 games. This time the Bruins are supposedly interest in the former 3rd overall pick. One rumors floating around is TOR's 1st, Wheeler, and Colborne/Stuart for Bogosian. I'd have to consider this trade but probably deny it. I'm not a fan of Wheeler after what he did to Phoenix. I wouldn't want that to happen on the Thrashers. I like the pick, and I somewhat like Colborne, but those two would not be enough, in my opinion, to land Bogosian. I'm not sure what to make of these rumors. Rumors are rumors and Bogosian being traded is probably as unlikely as the Thrashers making the playoffs, or winning a playoff game. It's going to take a huge overpayment to pry Bogosian away.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Thrashers have re-signed defensemen Dustin Byfuglien to a 5 year contract worth $26 million.

This is a move that I'm all for, and a move that thankfully got done during the season. The Thrashers are shaping up to have a nice blueline, and a blueline that should only get better. For a team like Atlanta, the $26 million isn't really a problem.

Byfuglien went from Stanley Cup winner, to the face of a franchise. Right now, Dustin Byfuglien is the face of the Atlanta Thrashers. Even though I believe Enstrom is by far, the more talented player, Byfuglien will be looked at as the face. Not to go off topic, but this is why Enstrom will continue to be underrated. Back on topic, I look forward to the pairing of Enstrom and Byfuglien for years to come. Hopefully, Enstrom is re-signed before his contract is up in two years.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

RealKyper via Twitter a few minutes ago - Thrashers Bogosian hasn't officially asked to be traded but it's been noted he's not happy and would like change of scenery by next season

Also, Just mentioned by Kypreos on Hockey Central. "It would be in there best interest to trade him now"

I wonder what this means for his future.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

A Thrasher owner speaks out.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-th...cy-840692.html

Not good news for Thrashers fans.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

After the outburst today, a lot of Thrashers fans are rallying. We are feed up with the Atlanta Spirit Group and want new ownership. For those of you that haven't heard yet, part owner Michael Gearon said today that they have been trying to sell the Thrashers since 2005. Basically, he himself wants the Thrashers to remain in Atlanta, but it's not fully up to him since the ownership is a group of people. The owners would sell to somebody that would keep the team in Atlanta. If there are no buyers, they could get sold to a potential buyer that would relocate. The thing is, us fans do not like the owners because they have lied forever. The whole group is a joke. We want a single individual to buy our team. They, by far, are the worst at promoting a hockey market. This team could never truely prosper under Atlanta Spirit Group.

One fan has gotten a lot of attention with this site, http://www.arthurblankbuythethrashers.com/
    The goal isn't necessarily to get Blank to be the owner, though that would be amazing, the goal is to get someone that would resemble a great owner like Arthur Blank. An owner that turned the Falcons into contenders every season. Isn't afraid to make a signing or spend the money etc.

I made my own rally video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-6mwSNzd0

Fans are starting rallies on twitter, facebook, websites, and some are getting attention in Atlanta news stations. I just want people to know that the Thrashers would be a successful hockey market under the right ownership. I want that chance to be a reality though, instead of seeing my team leave because of imbeciles like the Atlanta Spirit Group. They did nothing but ruin this organization.

I hope Bettman realizes this and gives us another chance with new owners.

I'll be writing to Bettman next.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Thrashers lose to the Yotes 4-3.

Such a pathetic officiated game which makes me not have much to say about it. I rarely complain about the refs but this was brutal. The Coyotes scored a goal when the stick was clearly above the crossbar! What a blown call by the officials. It lead to the game winning goal.

A quick rundown for fantasy owners:
    Byfuglien and Enstrom looked really good out there. Enstrom had two assists, Buff had a single assist. Kane and Stewart looked great as well but Stewart had no points to show for it. Peverley had a 3 point night and looked a lot better than usual. Ladd continues to play strong and his fantasy stats are starting to show again.

I don't really have anything to say about this game right now but if anyone has questions about ANYTHING Thrashers, let me know.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Thrashers acquire Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart from the Bruins for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik.

The Thrashers are a better team today than they were yesterday. Not only does this trade give the Thrashers another piece for the future (Wheeler), but it also revives playoff hopes. Wheeler is a big body forward who is a great addition to the Thrashers. He has a chance to finally step up and turn himself into a star. He will get every opportunity under coach Ramsay who also coached him in Boston. Ramsay is a guy that could help turn Wheeler into the consistent player that he needs to be. Stuart is a defensemen that the Thrashers desperately needed. He's a UFA next season but will be relied on to help get the Thrashers into the playoffs THIS season. His solid defensive play makes him an upgrade over Hainsey.

Thrashers lose a fan favorite in Peverley. Peverley is having an average season and has recently been in the dog house of Ramsay, playing on the 4th line. This loss doesn't really hurt the Thrashers though. Boston needed a cheap salary in order to fit Kaberle under the cap so they had no choice but to move Wheeler and Stuart. How well will Pevs do in Boston though? The Thrashers are known for reviving the career of Peverley and part of that because they gave him the opportunity to receive top minutes. He will certainly be in the shadows of Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin.

Boris Valabik is... a bust. That's all I have to say for him. I'd like to compare him to Luke Sellars for biggest defensive bust in Thrashers history.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Superstar

I find it a little funny that Valabik is a bust, but Wheeler, an underpreforming 5th overall pick that hasn't proven too much of anything yet, is set to become a star. At least give Boris the courtesy of having the potential to turn his career around too.