Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Off topic, but I love Blue Rodeo!

Dobber Sports Icon

Thumbs up

The song title is what is on topic

(And yeah, BR has some great tunes!)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Haha, I know, I was referring to my reply being off topic.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Well we won't see that, because they're leaving.

Phoenix would draw more people to the games if they were more exciting. They don't have the stars to attract the fans.
    Good excuse. A++
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Banned

indeed, well played

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    All different situations and unfortanutely can't be dealt with in the same way. Granted, I am not sure I remember what the situation was with Florida.

Did you read one of my previous posts tonight? I stated that ASG is already in an exclusive negotiating period for the Hawks and Phillips, so that likely leaves JB Smith out in the dark for now.
    Yes, I thoroughly read your previous posts.

I believe JB Smith wants all three, and I think he should get the opportunity to make the purchase. Bettman should be all over this... I'm sure if it was Phoenix we'd see breaking news alerts everywhere.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Good excuse. A++
    The Thrashers have better players, some stars, and yet they don't draw fans either. What excuse do they have to stay?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I believe JB Smith wants all three, and I think he should get the opportunity to make the purchase. Bettman should be all over this... I'm sure if it was Phoenix we'd see breaking news alerts everywhere.
    Yeah that is right, JB Smith ONLY wants all three from what I have read. I am just not sure that Bettman has the authority to step in and interrupt John Moores' negotiations, which, if are successful, only leave the Thrashers for sale with True North as the only interested buyer (thus far at least).

Dobber Sports Stud

The Thrashers have better players, some stars, and yet they don't draw fans either. What excuse do they have to stay?
    Your excuse for Phoenix is mediocre at best. Phoenix was either 29th or 30th in attendance AGAIN, worse than the Thrashers. The past two seasons they've had phenominal regular seasons and are still getting out drawn by a mediocre Thrashers team. Quite embarassing.

Don't tell me they can't draw because they don't have a star. I don't care if Eric Perrin, Sergei Krivakrasov, and Espen Knutsen were their three top line forwards. Look at their record and compare it to their mediocre attendance aha.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

Your excuse for Phoenix is mediocre at best. Phoenix was either 29th or 30th in attendance AGAIN, worse than the Thrashers. The past two seasons they've had phenominal regular seasons and are still getting out drawn by a mediocre Thrashers team. Quite embarassing.

Don't tell me they can't draw because they don't have a star. I don't care if Eric Perrin, Sergei Krivakrasov, and Espen Knutsen were their three top line forwards. Look at their record and compare it to their mediocre attendance aha.
    Attendance records are bullshit...just because you sell a ticket to some corporation looking for a tax write-off does not mean you have actual butts in seats, this is why ATL sucks as a hockey town

Banned

If you put an Ovechkin or Crosby on the Coyotes, they would sell out ina year or two, IMO. It's not a poor excuse; star power leads to increased sales.

The Coyotes had a good team and a good record the last few years, but fans aren't going to bother when they know they are just going to lose in Round 1 to a team with actual stars. Heart, grit, and defense will only get you so far.

Dobber Sports Stud

If you put an Ovechkin or Crosby on the Coyotes, they would sell out ina year or two, IMO. It's not a poor excuse; star power leads to increased sales.

The Coyotes had a good team and a good record the last few years, but fans aren't going to bother when they know they are just going to lose in Round 1 to a team with actual stars. Heart, grit, and defense will only get you so far.
    Stating the obvious? The same can be said for any team in the NHL. But that's not where I'm aiming at. There is no excuse for fans not to show up when a team is finishing top 4 in the WEST Conference. No excuse. If the Thrashers had winning seasons, we'd sell out almost every game including the playoffs, even with this horrible ownership. Unfortunately..... the franchise only had a lone winning season. Thank you ownership and management!

Give us Phoenix's playoff team and fans show up in Atlanta unlike Phoenix. The fans that don't go to Thrashers games openly admit why and I fully respect their decision though the best way to show that you're fed up might not be to stay home. We've been getting dogged by the ASG ownership since 2005. I fully understand why some people didn't renew season tickets. We're all sick of getting low balled. It's not because they Atlanta doesn't like hockey... I swear, I don't understand why Bettman is standing on corners in Phoenix trying to get pedestrians to find out about hockey instead of trying to help sell Atlanta to a competent owner that could easily make Atlanta a stable and successful franchise. It's not hard. Why couldn't I be a multimillionaire?
    Go Jets Go

Banned

Unfortunately..... the franchise only had a lone winning season. Thank you ownership and management!
    yeah, and no one showed up then either, you can make all the excuses you want for fans not coming out for a failing team, but when the team wins, makes the playoffs and the fans STILL don't come out then its not a city that deserves a franchise, period, end of story, like it or not that's the way it is

Dobber Sports Star

You wouldn't need an Ovechkin or Crosby in Phoenix, simply a heatley, kovy, or Hosea would have done just fine. Much better than what they did in atlanta anyways.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mapletreemarty View Post
    You wouldn't need an Ovechkin or Crosby in Phoenix, simply a heatley, kovy, or Hosea would have done just fine. Much better than what they did in atlanta anyways.
    I'm not even sure if people in Phoenix know who Gretzky is, let alone Ovechkin or Crosby.

Also, you can't blame Atlanta for Heatley's stupidity that lead to a death.
    Go Jets Go