Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Atlanta Thrashers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    If you're going to act like an immature little child you will be the first person I put on ignore. There is no need to troll this thread hoping my team relocates.
    haha whatever bub, do what you gotta do, I could care less to be honest
    but I'm not trolling, I'm just calling it like I see it...I lived in ATL for 10 years and still commute back and forth for work, Atlanta is second only to Phoenix in cities that do NOT even remotely deserve an NHL franchise

Dobber Sports Stud

If the Thrashers relocate, does that impact management in any way? How does a GM focus in a time like this especially with the draft on the horizon. How does it impact the players? I bet they'll be under a lot of pressure.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Icon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    That, sir, was a thing of beauty, eh?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

The balkan revealed as J.B. Smith. He may be the one that saves Atlanta! It is believed that he would likely purchase the Thrashers and Hawks along with Philips. We'll see how it unfolds. I feel like I'm watching a criminal drama where Bettman is the criminal. Help us Gary, just like you helped Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Florida, etc.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; May 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Superstar

The balkan revealed as J.B. Smith. He may be the one that saves Atlanta! It is believed that he would likely purchase the Thrashers and Hawks along with Philips. We'll see how it unfolds. I feel like I'm watching a criminal drama where Bettman is the criminal. Help us Gary, just like you helped Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Florida, etc.
    I have no desire to see the Thrashers move, but am I really struggling to see what Bettman can feasibly do to help the Thrashers stay in Atlanta. What do you seeing him being able to do? According to Elliotte Friedman, ASG has really tied the hands of the NHL.

Another thing I don't quite understand yet, is ASG is already in an exclusive negotiating period regarding the Hawks and the Philips Arena with someone else, so it would seem to me that JB Smith would need to wait for that deal to fall through, or the exclusive period to end before negotiating with ASG himself as he only wants to purchase all 3 entities. However, maybe its possible that exclusivity on 2 doesn't cover negotiating on all three together, I am curious as to that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    I have no desire to see the Thrashers move, but am I really struggling to see what Bettman can feasibly do to help the Thrashers stay in Atlanta. What do you seeing him being able to do? According to Elliotte Friedman, ASG has really tied the hands of the NHL.

Another thing I don't quite understand yet, is ASG is already in an exclusive negotiating period regarding the Hawks and the Philips Arena with someone else, so it would seem to me that JB Smith would need to wait for that deal to fall through, or the exclusive period to end before negotiating with ASG himself as he only wants to purchase all 3 entities. However, maybe its possible that exclusivity on 2 doesn't cover negotiating on all three together, I am curious as to that.
    Doesn't Bettman have to abide by rules and help sell the team to a local interested buyer? I'm pretty sure if a local interested buyers wants to keep them in Atlanta, they have first dibbs.

JohnKincade
    We look.forward to the NHL Commissioner speaking to the fans of ATL and working with us to insure a sale to a party that keeps Thrash in ATL
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; May 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Superstar

Doesn't Bettman have to abide by rules and help sell the team to a local interested buyer? I'm pretty sure if a local interested buyers wants to keep them in Atlanta, they have first dibbs.
    Possibly, but right now there don't appear to be any 'local' buyers interested in buying just the Thrashers. So if the Thrashers, Hawks, and Phillips aren't available to be purchased as a package, then True North are the only potential buyers interested for just the Thrashers.

Banned

First dibs should go to a bid that is the most expensive, and a bid where the franchise will be the most profitable. I.e. a bit that doesn't involve keeping the team in Atlanta.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    First dibs should go to a bid that is the most expensive, and a bid where the franchise will be the most profitable. I.e. a bit that doesn't involve keeping the team in Atlanta.
    False. If this were the case than Phoenix would have been moved years ago. No exceptions should be made which is why Bettman needs to lay down the law and make sure the buyer that wants to keep them in Atlanta buys them. He's gotta be consistent. Just like he's done with Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Florida... same needs to be done with Atlanta. No exceptions at all.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

False. If this were the case than Phoenix would have been moved years ago. No exceptions should be made which is why Bettman needs to lay down the law and make sure the buyer that wants to keep them in Atlanta buys them. He's gotta be consistent. Just like he's done with Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Florida... same needs to be done with Atlanta. No exceptions at all.
    Phoenix is much better area for the NHL to try to build the game in. The East is already filled with hockey. Phoenix isn't filled with only people who care about football and basketball.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have to be argued, clearly it's a great hockey town.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Possibly, but right now there don't appear to be any 'local' buyers interested in buying just the Thrashers. So if the Thrashers, Hawks, and Phillips aren't available to be purchased as a package, then True North are the only potential buyers interested for just the Thrashers.
    Reports came out that the Hawks are for sale as well. And I believe Philips also.

ajcsportseditor
    Atlanta Spirit may also try to sell Hawks. http://bit.ly/kSFk7y
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Phoenix is much better area for the NHL to try to build the game in. The East is already filled with hockey. Phoenix isn't filled with only people who care about football and basketball.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have to be argued, clearly it's a great hockey town.
    Key word: try. No one goes to games in Phoenix, even when they win the division and are a top seeded playoff team. Free tickets? That's Washington Nationals LOW. They'll be gone in a year once this $25 Millions is blown again lol.

Thrashers are much better and with new ownership, we'll see the market Bettman always knew it was capable of having.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Icon

Key word: try. No one goes to games in Phoenix, even when they win the division and are a top seeded playoff team. Free tickets? That's Washington Nationals LOW. They'll be gone in a year once this $25 Millions is blown again lol.

Thrashers are much better and with new ownership, we'll see the market Bettman always knew it was capable of having.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3164rgYUx08
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Banned

Well we won't see that, because they're leaving.

Phoenix would draw more people to the games if they were more exciting. They don't have the stars to attract the fans.

Dobber Sports Superstar

All different situations and unfortanutely can't be dealt with in the same way. Granted, I am not sure I remember what the situation was with Florida.

Reports came out that the Hawks are for sale as well. And I believe Philips also.

ajcsportseditor
    Atlanta Spirit may also try to sell Hawks. http://bit.ly/kSFk7y
    Did you read one of my previous posts tonight? I stated that ASG is already in an exclusive negotiating period for the Hawks and Phillips, so that likely leaves JB Smith out in the dark for now.