Thread: Welcome OHL Fans and Followers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Welcome OHL Fans and Followers

Ladies and Gents,

Thanks for visiting the NEWEST section on the forums. A few months back, I told GMGates that I would help him write under the PG Advised section and one of my promised contributions was to expand the overall hockey knowledge to readers of the forum.

The OHL News and Discussion section will definitely help the hockey fans on these boards expand their knowledge at a level that is critical to the game of hockey. The junior hockey system in Canada is one of the reasons the NHL continues to stock itself full of talented young players. The QMJHL, OHL and WHL provide hockey fans with entertaining games and elite talents. These talents are what make us fantasy hockey participants droll several times a year.

The OHL section will provide you with up-to-date information on the players, teams and events going on in the Ontario Hockey League.

What to Expect:

- Weekly OHL Rambling Threads (posted each Monday or Tuesday)
    - Top Weekly OHL Performers
    - Top OHL Teams to Watch
    - Top Drafted and Undrafted OHL Prospects to Watch
    - OHL Player Profile Scouting Reports (more to come below)

The OHL has made HUGE strides over the last decade in the marketing and entertainment aspects. This section will provide you with relevant articles to players that you will want to know about.

Please feel free to make this section very interactive. I am by no means an expert on all OHL players and teams but I try to follow them closely.

Help Needed:
    - If there are any followers/fans of OHL teams that want to contribute their thoughts to players/teams please do not hesitate to post your own thoughts.
    - If you are planning on attending an OHL game, please feel free to tackle a "scouting report" (above) on a particular player and post it under the thread title "OHL Player Profile: Players Name"

***My hope is that we dont get any duplicate profiles that dub or metaldude have covered in their reports. I hope that we can scout the younger generation that will be eligible for the 2012 NHL draft or later (ie. Yakupov and company)***

Dobberhockey is great simply for one reason -- It brings together knowledgeable and passionate hockey fans from around the world who continue to learn from each other one post at a time. If you have a relevant OHL thought, please post it here.

Cheers, DY
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; January 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Love it!

Living in Sudbury, I get to watch the Wolves play first hand. This will definitely make me attend more games - just so I can do some scouting reports! haha

Thanks Dean, this section is gonna rock. Take this ball and run with it!

Cheers,
    GMG
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

I'll try to get you some Knights info whenever possible. Having a kid from my hometown playing briefly for the Knights has re-invigorated my desire to watch them play on an intermitent basis.

I gotta say that I love the potential for this section.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'll try to get you some Knights info whenever possible. Having a kid from my hometown playing briefly for the Knights has re-invigorated my desire to watch them play on an intermitent basis.

I gotta say that I love the potential for this section.
    That would be awesome. The more sets of eyes, the better.

Who's your hometown kid? Kevin Reine from Dryden?

There are a couple local kids from near my hometown too on the Knights

Dane Fox (Thamesville, ON) and OHL Player of the Week Seth Griffith (Wallaceburg, ON)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    That would be awesome. The more sets of eyes, the better.

Who's your hometown kid? Kevin Reine from Dryden?

There are a couple local kids from near my hometown too on the Knights

Dane Fox (Thamesville, ON) and OHL Player of the Week Seth Griffith (Wallaceburg, ON)
    That's the one. Spending most of his time on their junior B team or whatever that's called but it was a pleasant surprise to see him getting some action. I don't know him that well other than through the gym. Since there's only one gym in town so all the hockey players are in there over the summer.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg