Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    No to get ahead of myself.... and I am not assuming that we will definitely make the playoffs BUT..... I would love to get Pittsburgh in the 1st round!
    Amen Brother... that would be a great series again. Remember last time we played/beat them in the playoffs... man that was an unorthodox series but it was great!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

No to get ahead of myself.... and I am not assuming that we will definitely make the playoffs BUT..... I would love to get Pittsburgh in the 1st round!
    That would be absolutely awesome television!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Amen Brother... that would be a great series again. Remember last time we played/beat them in the playoffs... man that was an unorthodox series but it was great!!
    I dont think any of us will ever forget "that shift".

Dobber Sports Master

I think it would be great for the league ; alot of money would be flowing between the two rinks

I dont think any of us will ever forget "that shift".

I know I will never!! It was amazing, I love how he called it too!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Flyers got a 3rd round pick for the rights to former 6th round pick Cooper Marody...

Without much detail I like this trade!

https://www.tsn.ca/oilers-acquire-ri...yers-1.1033750

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't know if I've missed this earlier on in this thread, but who do you guys think starts in net for the Flyers in the playoffs?
    Elliott
    Neuvirth
    Mrazek
    (Lyon?)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't know if I've missed this earlier on in this thread, but who do you guys think starts in net for the Flyers in the playoffs?
    Elliott
    Neuvirth
    Mrazek
    (Lyon?)
    Almost completely unknown & very health dependent. Mrazek & Lyon are healthy, but I get the feeling it's one of Neuvirth/Elliott if they are healthy and in game shape.

Neuvirth is traveling with the team and skating. I'd expect him to be ready by maybe the middle or of next week. I'd expect Lyon to get sent down at that point, but they might keep 3 goalies.

It's hoped that Elliott will be back in the final week of the season, but that seems to be a best-case timeframe.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Elliott
    Neuvirth
    Mrazek
    (Lyon?)
    I'll go with Elliott, if healthy.
    I think Haks/Hex will want to see him play at least two regular season games before getting the start.
    Usually teams will go with the guy that feels like he "could" get them through a few playoff series.
    Right now, that's definitely not Mrazek, who can steal one game, but can lose two.

Lyon is a wild-card though, he just seems to have a steely-calmness to him and the team seems to rally around him.
    I feel like he's a possible Philly back-up lifer... with upside (if team is strong enough) of a Chris Osgood...

I'm sort of rooting for him!

Why not Carter Hart?? Those junior numbers are unbelievable!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Why not Carter Hart?? Those junior numbers are unbelievable!!
    He will be busy winning himself a WHL championship!!

​​

The race for the final playoff spots in the East is getting too close for my liking... come on Flyers, get it going again!

Huge goal late in the game against Pittsburgh to squeak out a point.

Dobber Sports Star

Lindblom looking better and better....

He is still available in my league - what do you see for him next year and beyond?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Flyers remaining schedule:

@Colorado
    vs Boston
    @ New York Islanders
    vs Carolina
    vs New York Rangers

The Flyers are sitting at 90 points and I think they will need between 95-97 points... so lets say 98 to be safe.

That is 8 points in the remaining

So if they want to control their own fate they need to win 4 of 5 or win 3 and lose two in OT...

Its going to come right down to the wire and hope that Boston beats Florida a couple of times to help the Flyers out!

​​

Our main competition schedules:

Florida - @ Leafs, @Senators, @Bruins, vs Hurricanes, vs Predators, vs Bruins, vs Sabres @ Bruins

Notes: - 8 games in 15 days with 3 sets of back to backs, hopefully the busy schedule results in some games where Florida doesn't have the energy.
    - Big games against Boston 3X, Toronto and Nashville - So 5 total games against to-notch playoff games
    - Final sunday of the year, Boston might not have any room to change so they might rest a lot of players.

New Jersey - vs Penguins, vs Islanders, @ Montreal, vs Rangers, vs Leafs, @ Capitals

Notes: - only 3 games against playoff teams. Other 3 games are teams that are already eliminated.
    - matchup against Washington on final SAturday.. if Capitals have clinched the division, do they rest some guys? Or does Ovy play in hopes of winning the Rocket?

Nervous times to be a Flyers fan! Would love to get the young guys playoff experience.

​​