Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Flyer Fan here; Now that the Sabres have been eliminated I can finally publish a top secret scouting report I recently made available to a member of the Flyers staff:

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ...WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!! GET A FREAKING ELITE GOALIE!!!"

(also another tip: pay close attention the footwork of the Flyer's starting goalie as skates towards the bench after being pulled, ...if he's taking long fluid strides, there are likely still a few shards of his shattered self confidence left, and he'll likely do an excellent job of opening and closing the bench door during the second and third periods. This is what Goldie refers to as "demeanor".)

Last edited by Flyer Fan; April 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Administrator

LOL!

I seriously think the Flyers should never draft a goalie again. Do daily auditions for people on the street. Maybe a contest at a radio station or something. Raffle off a chance to be goaltender for the Flyers next game. They can sign those "emergency" contracts like that New Yorker did to fill in the Phoenix backup job for one night. I think they would qualify for emergency contracts cuz the Flyers would have no other freaking goalie in the organization.

Either that or just go with six skaters all night.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    A returning Chris Pronger should be the difference for you guys.
    I dunno,
    I certainly hope so, don't know how healthy he is, I know his presence provided a boost to the team, ...but if he's playing with one hand, I have to believe the Bruins will find a way to exploit it.

I know there's alot of talk about his return boosting the powerplay, but I thought most of the improvement there was from the adjustment of moving JVR from the point to in front of the net, and Richards from in front to the point, ...I really liked that move.

It's gonna be a GREAT series though, I can't wait for it to begin!!!

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    LOL!

I seriously think the Flyers should never draft a goalie again. Do daily auditions for people on the street. Maybe a contest at a radio station or something. Raffle off a chance to be goaltender for the Flyers next game. They can sign those "emergency" contracts like that New Yorker did to fill in the Phoenix backup job for one night. I think they would qualify for emergency contracts cuz the Flyers would have no other freaking goalie in the organization.

Either that or just go with six skaters all night.
    HAHAHA!! Not a bad idea! (I don't think Homer's got the $300 of cap space needed to sign a guy out of the stands though.)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    HAHAHA!! Not a bad idea! (I don't think Homer's got the $300 of cap space needed to sign a guy out of the stands though.)
    Nevermind the cap space, just offer him a hotdog and a beer and I think you'll have takers.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

-No real news to report in Philly today.

-Apparently there's some sort of football team here too, and they're having their draft today or somethin' (...though I saw nothing about it mentioned on either Versus or the Outdoor Network, so how important can it be?)

-I guess this is the kind of thing that happens when reporter's sign these multi-million dollar deals, ...they forget what got them to the show, and start branching out into "other" sports instead of sleeping in their cars outside the rink or crouching hidden behind a shrubbery in the back yard rifling through Calude Giroux's trash where they belong.

-The Bruins have vowed not to be caught unprepared for the Flyer's onslaught like they were last year, ...and have already begun planning their end of season team dinner.

-The Bruins expect to get a much stronger contribution from Defenseman T. Kaberle, and chalk up his poor showing last round to the fact that he's simply not used to playing this time of year, and was distracted with having to cancel appearences and reschedule events he had previously scheduled for this month.
    Last edited by Flyer Fan; April 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Master

leading all Flyers defenseman (and most goalies) in icetime.
    Hahahahahaha!!!! funny cause its true. Also, sad cause its true...

The Bruins have vowed not to be caught unprepared for the Flyer's onslaught like they were last year, ...and have already begun planning their end of season team dinner.
    LMAO Beautiful!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lines from practice yesterday:

Ville Leino-Danny Briere-Scott Hartnell
    James van Riemsdyk-Claude Giroux-Nik Zherdev
    Dan Carcillo-Mike Richards-Kris Versteeg
    Powe-Betts-Shelley

Pronger-Matt Carle
    Kimmo Timonen-Braydon Coburn
    Andrej Meszaros-Sean O'Donnell.

Nodl skating, but still not practicing.
    Carter not skating yet.
    Shelley can play with a visor, ...no fighting.
    Boyton not at practice - personal not injured.
    Leighton now being listed day to day with a back injury.

Lots being said about the Bruins being able to match the Flyers size, rightfully so, they can.

Being overlooked is that the Flyers are just as fast as Montreal up front, and much quicker on the back end.

The Bruins only advantage is at the goaltending position. Period.

Vegas has this series as a "Pick-em", I expect it to go the full seven.

Dedicated Flyers Fans are reminded that you can still use the information contained in your "Anti-Penguin" handbook regarding navigating your way through the front desk and successfully being connected to the opposing teams player's hotel rooms for those late night calls but,

in the section where it says "Things to shout into the phone" , where it says "#1. Crosby Sucks!",

you need to strike out the word "Crosby" and replace it with a suitable Bruins player like "Chara" or "Thomas" , or "Horton"

Don't, repeat: don't under any circumstances use "Kaberle" though, ...let's just keep that our little secret. ( ...for now.)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Go bruins!

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Flyers believe that a key to the series will be their ability to successfully neutralize the effect of the Bruins Zdeno Chara, and have been devoting extra practice time working on implementing the strategy.

Asst. coach Craig Berube believes that shooting low is the key, and has had the team spending extra time practicing this, so as to avoid any possible suspensions or short handed situations resulting from them accidently hitting Faye Ray.

Berube has also continued to emphasized the importance of the Flyers being sure to keep their Bi-Planes well outside of Chara's swatting range.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ugly. Ugly. Ugly game by the Flyers today.

Lots of guys having bad days from top to bottom:

-Laviolette chose to utilize the home ice matchup advantage to lineup Hartnell, Briere, and Leino against Lucic, Krecji, and Horton. It wasn't pretty. Try again coach.

-There wasn't a single defenseman that played a strong game, lots of sloppy turnovers, and lots of unruffled Bruins forwards tapping in rebounds. No boxing out. No slot clearing.

-Lots of rebounds left there for the tapping. First by Boucher, then later by the still skittish looking Bobrovsky.

- No sense of urgency by the forwards backchecking.

-Poor defensive zone coverage all around.

On the positive side:

-Ever since Ryan Miller managed to free himself and escape from the Flyers team plane before they left Buffalo; you knew the goaltending would be a weakness. It was. But Bobrovsky's nervous play makes going back to Boucher an easy call, and more importantly; Thomas didn't look to be quite as scary as Miller was. The Flyers will be able to score.

- Julien made a point to match Chara up against the Briere line. This means that Giroux's line has an opportunity to have a huge series.

- Pronger's weak one handed clearing pass was intercepted and turned into a goal, but otherwise he looked better and more confident, ...he'll only get better each game.

-The Bruins powerplay looks every bit as bad as advertized.

-The Flyers should be skating much quicker in game two, having expunged that gigantic turd from their systems today.

- The Flyers are now 0-6 in game ones against the Bruins, they've won 3 out of the five previous series.

- No Wachovia center stanchions were damaged.

- Mark Recchi is now even older then he was yesterday.

- The Flyers are now one third of the way to having the Bruins exactly where they want them.

and the absolute bottom of the barrel:

- The City of Winnipeg has not scheduled a major announcement to coincide with the end of this series.

Ummmmm.....they know they're not playing the Sabres, correct???
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry, couldn't resist. Best of luck in the rest of the series.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ummmmm.....they know they're not playing the Sabres, correct???
    What? ...playing? ....huh?

Oh, CRAP!!! you mean the second round's already started???
    Dammit! What time is it???
    I was supposed to wake up Mike Richards!

Damned alarmed clock! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!

(I think the Sabres would be putting up a better fight)