Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Ed Snider's body is rolling in his grave with the new makeup of his old team.

Gone are the tough rough and ready to rumble flyers of old

Brawn for skill trades this offseason

AV coach is all about skill and turning the other cheek when it comes to physical play

the times they are a changing
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

To be fair, we haven't won the Cup in a long time. Maybe a change of direction is required. Dont get me wrong, I love the rough style that the Flyers have become to be known for. It is actually what attracted me to the team back in the 80s. Thing is... I would love a Stanley Cup winning team even more. Let's see where this goes because we are stuck with coaches, GMs and owers we have now. Maysil get behind them and see what they can do.

I am disappointed that Hextall is gone as I thought he was doing exactly what was required for the team to succeed in the long term. Well, that is out the window now. I can choose to be optimistic about things or kill myself. Since I have a family that depends on me, I'll stick it out a while and hope that the Flyers get better. (/s)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's not so much the brawn for skill moves that are a problem, it's the stupid moves that will be a problem.

1. Two decent picks for a 31 year old second pairing (maybe) defender with one year on his contract in a deal with a team in a cap crunch.
    2. Retaining salary when trading the younger, cheaper player with only one year on his contract in a swap of defensemen with a team in a cap crunch.

I'm wondering how many more veteran defensemen they can bring in. At least 2 of Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Myers, and Hagg will be gone, but maybe more. I know the defense was a problem, but they did get at least get rid of MacDonald. Unsure why they bothered buying him out with 1 year left, they could've buried him in the AHL - again.

There's a rumor that Fletcher is looking to trade for a goalie to pair with Hart, as Talbot didn't work out.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

What did you guys think of the draft picks & trade?

I liked the trade down, but wasn't happy they went for a defenseman. Per NHL.com, they "need young defensemen to add to their prospect pipeline". Which is pretty much bullcrap.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What did you guys think of the draft picks & trade?

I liked the trade down, but wasn't happy they went for a defenseman. Per NHL.com, they "need young defensemen to add to their prospect pipeline". Which is pretty much bullcrap.
    I don't mind York but would've preferred either Caulfield or Krebs.

I did like the move to land Brink.

Overall it looks to be a solid draft with quite a bit of skill and potential even in their late picks.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Chuck Fletcher and the Flyers are killing it on UFA day!
    SIX brand-new signings... all for $700k or $750k.
    I mean, check out these big names coming in: Andy Andreoff, Kurtis Gabriel, Nate Prosser, JF Berube, Andy Welinski, Tyler Wotherspoon.
    Way to go, Flyers... gonna have ourselves one fantastically mediocre AHL team next year...
    psh.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/signings

#NotImpressed
    #DubasDid700kSigningsBetter

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Chuck Fletcher and the Flyers are killing it on UFA day!
    SIX brand-new signings... all for $700k or $750k.
    I mean, check out these big names coming in: Andy Andreoff, Kurtis Gabriel, Nate Prosser, JF Berube, Andy Welinski, Tyler Wotherspoon.
    Way to go, Flyers... gonna have ourselves one fantastically mediocre AHL team next year...
    psh.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/signings

#NotImpressed
    #DubasDid700kSigningsBetter
    They JUST HAD to find money to pay Braun & Niskanen, while buying out MacDonald, and retaining some on Gudas - like the morons they are. This is what we get. Brutal.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    They JUST HAD to find money to pay Braun & Niskanen, while buying out MacDonald, and retaining some on Gudas - like the morons they are. This is what we get. Brutal.
    At least you arent a Penguins fan lol

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    At least you arent a Penguins fan lol
    They may be having a worse offseason, but they had a much better season last year. Flyers fired their competent GM, sadly.

It could be worse, I'm dreading an offer sheet on Provorov, honestly.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Interesting move by the Flyers... little risk and hopefully some depth reward...

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-flye...-out-1.1338550
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Interesting move by the Flyers... little risk and hopefully some depth reward...

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-flye...-out-1.1338550
    The Philadelphia Flyers have signed forward Chris Stewart to professional try-out to attend training camp on Wednesday.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Low risk. Give him a shot to show what he's got. Playing for six teams in the last seven years tells you all you need to know. If this guy is playing for us next year, kill me now. Then again, wouldnt surprise me. Experience and toughness.... /s

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Low risk. Give him a shot to show what he's got. Playing for six teams in the last seven years tells you all you need to know. If this guy is playing for us next year, kill me now. Then again, wouldnt surprise me. Experience and toughness.... /s
    Supposedly the Flyers are also in on the KHL PIM leader from last year....

Per Sam Charchidi....

Reports suggest the #Flyers, who don’t have much cap space, Rangers and Panthers are pursuing winger Anton Burdasov, 28, a big power forward who had 19 goals and a league-high 114 penalty minutes in Russia’s KHL last season.
    https://twitter.com/BroadStBull?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thought I'd add

Igor Eronko@IgorEronko

It's funny to see everyone mentions Anton Burdasov's 114 PIM. Because 104 minutes out of those 114 were game misconducts. 54 minutes for throwing a water bottle near the ref, and two 25 min misconducts for quite heavy hits that could be legal in the NHL

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok gonna weigh in on Hayes & AV

which to start with ?

ok the easy one Hayes

So when he first arrived in the show he was a big body, with decent feet, a great reach and played with his head up. He was not nor has he every really been a physical player. He prefers to use his tremendous reach to fish for the puck, or force it free with a swing of his stick. Do not expect him to go face first into the glass, muck and grind then come out with the puck and look to feed it into the slot or back to the point. He doesn't really look to go below the dots for the most part. That kind of suits his play as he will do what coach asks which with AV was to get back on the play and be that 3rd man high. He will kill penalties too. This guy knows what AV wants so in that regard look to see him coming over the board to take or be the 2nd guy for key draws especially outside the offensive zone. He can also take a hit, and has really improved his overall game shape. He doesn't seem to get winded and you rarely if ever see him sucking wind on the bench. Great depth centerman. I think he was overpaid, but in this day and age most if not all UFA are. Philly could have done much worse than Kevin. He has finals experience too.

So on to coach AV.
    Do not expect anything even closely related to the Flyers of old. Gone will be the aggression, the grinding, the corner work, the scrum & the intimidation. In fact coach prefers his players NOT to engage. We NY fans are still foaming over a Gaborik mugging in the corner while Dan Girardi looked on when he could have gone to his defense. AV will bench players for doing that. His ethic appears to be "stay on the ice" and make the other team pay by scoring a PPG. Turn the other cheek. This is his overall preferred style of play.
    He seems to let the players run the room, while he focuses on matchups, breakout plays and how the team can generate more offense off loose pucks. In a perfect world his play style absolutely needs at least 1 defenseman to thread the needle with the breakout pass. So in that regard the Flyers are well set up for that. Breakaways on turnovers and especially on line changes. Hopefully the forwards bury the high chance opportunity. Cherry picking at the blueline can be risky but with the Flyers depth down the middle it should cover up most of the failed breakouts. Improved offensive flourish is AV's preferred method of attack.
    Guys like Gudas have no place in an AV lineup. No more freight train hits, after the whistle pushing etc. As a rival fan, I actually looked forward to that style of play whenever Philadelphia was in town.
    Nope look for a sprinting forward to gain the line and look to make play after a nice stretch pass is the word of the day. Dump and chase might be part of his style but he much prefers the zone entry with the puck under control.

Hopefully between Gost, Prov, Sanheim & Niskanen there will be plenty of opportunity to find a streaking forward down the wings. Especially to wingers with wheels.

I wouldn't expect too much traffic in front except on the PP.
    AV seems to prefer for his forwards to either be skating towards the net seeking an opportunity with an open stick and good pass or looking for a rebound.
    The skate to the paint and turn to face the shooter isn't really AV's style, except on the aforementioned PP.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.