Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1177

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

I like Foerster, he was among the guys I considered in our mock draft, but I went in another direction. Would you guys have taken him over Mysak if you were mocking for the Flyers?

You guys thinking about the 2025 Flyers PP1 amazes me. I can't look that far ahead.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Well, Sam Morin is moving to LW to get him some playing time with the Flyers, and to give them more size up front. I wouldn't say the team has a lot of openings there, but they certianly have an ability to get him some more playing time if he's dual position.

Thoughts?

https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/flye...-20201231.html
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's never a good news for a player to get switched position IMO
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Generally I agree, excluding really young prospects, or flipping defense sides or wings. I hope it works out for him; reading the article made me think it was more to get him playing time.

However, it can work well: Byfuglien & Burns are two guys who were dual position at one point. I have to tell you that having a F/D can be a real boon.

The injuries are piling up. Might need to use Morin to play both positions at this rate.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think the organization is trying to figure out what to do with Morin.
    They overdrafted him and he is not mobile enough to defend against the new wave of smaller, lightning quick skating forwards.
    I think we saw PHI experimenting with him at LW simply as a way to say "this is our last chance to find value in him".

Friedman is a much better defender - and PHI needs that right now with Myers out.
    The defense has been absolutely garbage to this point in the season.

PHI is 3-1... so it looks like they've done OK.
    But Charlie O'Connor (theathletic) breaks down the numbers well, they are getting outplayed everygame...
    And mostly it is the defense making coverage mistakes, not handling pucks cleanly.
    I agree - I've been yelling at their defensemen (while watching), they've been truly horrid to this point, defensively.

So far:
    Forwards: A
    Defense: D
    Goaltending: A

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I think the organization is trying to figure out what to do with Morin.
    They overdrafted him and he is not mobile enough to defend against the new wave of smaller, lightning quick skating forwards.
    I think we saw PHI experimenting with him at LW simply as a way to say "this is our last chance to find value in him".

Friedman is a much better defender - and PHI needs that right now with Myers out.
    The defense has been absolutely garbage to this point in the season.

PHI is 3-1... so it looks like they've done OK.
    But Charlie O'Connor (theathletic) breaks down the numbers well, they are getting outplayed everygame...
    And mostly it is the defense making coverage mistakes, not handling pucks cleanly.
    I agree - I've been yelling at their defensemen (while watching), they've been truly horrid to this point, defensively.

So far:
    Forwards: A
    Defense: D
    Goaltending: A
    Niskanen.... do you miss playing yet?? The Flyers Defense looks lost without you leading the way!

Last year the Flyers D as a unit was one of the best for allowing the fewest shots per game. How can it change so drastically from one year to the next. Niskanen was huge for them last year and they sure look to be missing him significantly on the back end. They can't find a rock to play with Provorov for 25 minutes a night... and then it just extrapolates from their.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Chin up boys. Ghost is almost ready to play. Really looking forward to his defensive play. /s

The Great One

no offense meant by this, but it was pretty obvious the defense was going to be in trouble when Niskanen retired and the best they could do was bring in Gustafsson to fill his roster spot.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    no offense meant by this, but it was pretty obvious the defense was going to be in trouble when Niskanen retired and the best they could do was bring in Gustafsson to fill his roster spot.
    Sadly, they weren't looking to replace Niskanen, they were trying to replace Gostisbehere. If Gustaffsson was replacing say, Braun, and they found a top-4 type of D as a 1-2 year rental, that would've been better.

The Great One

Haven’t watched much of the Flyers yet this year...what is up with Konecny? Came out of the gate fantastic. Then nothing and a healthy scratch in there. He put up a complete zero line last game. Anyone have an idea what’s going on? I own him in several leagues and have always been a fan.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Haven’t watched much of the Flyers yet this year...what is up with Konecny? Came out of the gate fantastic. Then nothing and a healthy scratch in there. He put up a complete zero line last game. Anyone have an idea what’s going on? I own him in several leagues and have always been a fan.

My guess is that AV wants him to buckle down on his defensive/two-way game a bit.
    We (fantasy hockey/fan-folk) tend to see players as "good" based on how much they are filling up a stat sheet (as you reference above).
    But a good coach can tell when a player's play is creating more actual "bad" (opps against) than good (opps for).

The Flyers have a solid record, but deeper analytics show they are getting outplayed.
    The Flyers 5-on-5 SAT counts are good evidence of this.
    Their D has NOT, defensively, been good this year... and it gets magnified when their forwards turn the puck over and/or make bad decisions.
    Konecny has been a little bit TOO offensive-minded and has made some risky offensive play that has "come back the other way" quickly.
    Odd man rushes and stuff like that.

So... I'm guessing, post-scratch... AV probably told him something to the effect of "you can't make costly turnovers/risks... we need your game to be more secure/steady".
    Typically - when a player isn't filling up the stat sheet... he's working on the boring, SAFE part of his game.

That's my guess.

The Great One

Thanks. Would have liked to see a hit or SOG or something. His last three games he's got 1 SOG and 2 hits. Even for buckling down on his own zone play that's crap.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Thanks. Would have liked to see a hit or SOG or something. His last three games he's got 1 SOG and 2 hits. Even for buckling down on his own zone play that's crap.
    I think Konecny will be much better overall once Couturier is back.
    Konecny's game is exposed defensively without the Selke Winner as his Centre...
    and the coach is trying to coach Konecny to be as good defensively without Couturier - which is effecting his scoring.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Konecny will be much better overall once Couturier is back.
    Konecny's game is exposed defensively without the Selke Winner as his Centre...
    and the coach is trying to coach Konecny to be as good defensively without Couturier - which is effecting his scoring.
    That is an outstanding point and one that had slipped my mind. Makes perfect sense. When is Courturier due back?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: