Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Administrator

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

I see him being average at best. He hasn't been the same since he left the Blues. As for his health, he hasn't topped 49 GP in a season since 2011 with Ottawa/Colorado. So the 43 GP from last year is actually normal by his standards.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I saw somewhere, maybe yahoo I think the Flyers predicted for 2nd in the division which just won't happen but barring injuries(Elliot you listening) and poor play(Elliott, pay attention) is this a playoff team?
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Administrator

I'll say no. C2 and C3 might be a major issue and their goaltending is not yet stabilized. Lots of red flags.

(Of course, Patrick and Laughton might prove to be up to the task but lots of risk there)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

We made it into the playoffs last year and we will be a better team this year with development of our younger players. I think we make it and do better than a first round exit. The following players are still young and have room for growth: Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim. We also have a lot of cap space. There is every possibility our roster will change for the better by the time the trade deadline passes. Some will call it rose colored glasses. I hope there isn't too much of that effect.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    We made it into the playoffs last year and we will be a better team this year with development of our younger players. I think we make it and do better than a first round exit. The following players are still young and have room for growth: Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim. We also have a lot of cap space. There is every possibility our roster will change for the better by the time the trade deadline passes. Some will call it rose colored glasses. I hope there isn't too much of that effect.
    I really like the foundation the flyers have in place .

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I prefer calling them orange colored glasses.... cause Roses really smell like poo-poo-oooo

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I expect the Flyers to be a playoff team.

There are goaltending issues, but at least they should have less injuries in the depth chart. The top 3 goalies on the depth chart last year all missed significant time, one the whole season.

They were very young last year an made the playoffs. I'd expect some growth from the younger guys.

I'd expect some regression from the vets, but I also expect improved play from Simmonds, due to better health. They also improved adding JVR.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How does van Reimsdyk do the 2nd time around? Does he approach 40 again and maybe add a few more assists?
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    How does van Reimsdyk do the 2nd time around? Does he approach 40 again and maybe add a few more assists?
    JVR scores 30-35 on the Flyers. They are too deep for him to touch 40 IMO. Although, as a Flyers fan, I hope your guess is right and I'm dead wrong.

In the past two seasons did the Flyers make history in two different ways?

1) The first team to win 10 straight games and then not make the playoffs?

2) The first team to lose 10 straight games and then make the playoffs?

I had someone telling me this... and I remember the streaks.. but are we the only team to have done each of these separately? And thus uniquely being the only team to have done both?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    In the past two seasons did the Flyers make history in two different ways?

1) The first team to win 10 straight games and then not make the playoffs?

2) The first team to lose 10 straight games and then make the playoffs?

I had someone telling me this... and I remember the streaks.. but are we the only team to have done each of these separately? And thus uniquely being the only team to have done both?
    Sadly, we can no longer get the trifecta, and tie 10 straight games.

I can't get the play finder on Hockey-Reference to generate a report that will tell me how many teams have won or lost 10 straight games. I did find this article covering winning streaks on NHL.com. It's not comprehensive, as teams may have other 10+ game streaks, and only covers wins, but it looks like the other teams with 10+ wins made the playoffs the years listed.

Didn't check for a losing streaks article.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes, both those streaks were unique in that they were both firsts in the league.
    Don’t have the links but I remember Broad Street Hockey as well as other sites writing more than a few articles about each streak and how neither had happened before.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

Flyers D MacDonald (LBI) out six weeks

Thank goodness for small blessings! hahah

The Flyers have a good young defensive corps that need a bit of exposure to the NHL game. This will give at least one player more minutes.

Its a real shame Sam Morin can't take advantage of this, but hopefully Sanheim get more minutes and I wouldn't mind having a look at Phillppe Myers. Move Hagg up a bit and slide Myers in at 5-6.

Provorov - Ghost
    Hagg - Sanheim
    Gudas - Manning (punishing pair!)
    Myers

There is also a real possibility we see Gudas or Hagg on the top pairing with Provorov. More likely Sanheim on the 3rd pairing, but I just want to see some of these younger guys get a chance! What my other Flyers fans think?

Flyers D MacDonald (LBI) out six weeks

Thank goodness for small blessings! hahah

The Flyers have a good young defensive corps that need a bit of exposure to the NHL game. This will give at least one player more minutes.

Its a real shame Sam Morin can't take advantage of this, but hopefully Sanheim get more minutes and I wouldn't mind having a look at Phillppe Myers. Move Hagg up a bit and slide Myers in at 5-6.

Provorov - Ghost
    Hagg - Sanheim
    Gudas - Manning (punishing pair!)
    Myers

There is also a real possibility we see Gudas or Hagg on the top pairing with Provorov. More likely Sanheim on the 3rd pairing, but I just want to see some of these younger guys get a chance! What my other Flyers fans think?
    I have seen a lot worse D setup win the Cup in recent years!!

That is young and the experience is scary... but everyone says its a young mans game now... and well that bodes well for our D core!

If this D core could be 2 years more experiences and Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux be two years less experienced, then we would have the real makings for a great team.

So basically if those three guys can play like they have, or the D plays at an experienced level... then we should be very competitive this year!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have MORE good news for you.........

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...two-year-deal/
    Stat cats -
    Skaters - G, A,+/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SHO