Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^You are lucky, friend.

Ghost was sh!t last night, both ES and on the PP.
    I'm honestly not seeing him do much positive... he had hard time bring puck up ice on PP (3:07mark below)... took a point PP shot with a teammate standing right next to him (2:37mark below) and only one decent guy available in front to grab a rebound... he's lucky he got a token plus on the Niskanen goal.

The crew was noting that PHI was 2nd in NHL with 4/10 on the PP...
    What they didn't talk about was how 3 of those goals are from the PP2 unit.
    Ghost now has 13min PPTOI and nary a point...
    Nary an even-strength point either...
    Only 5sog in 4gp this year... not even good ones.

2:35 mark and 3:07 mark for some poor Ghosting.
    He also had a penalty 30sec into a PHI PP. (10:52 of 1st... psh)
    Is it a matter of time before Sanheim starts to steal some PP minutes? So far it's been Ghost on PP1, then Provorov/Niskanen on PP2, disappointing as Sanheim has the tools to contribute on the PP.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I haven't been able to watch any complete Philly games yet...only bits and pieces so far. Their schedule has been brutal to start the year.

That said, I am a bit surprised Hayes is on the top PP unit. That just makes little sense to me. Then again, I've never been a fan of his and think his contract is among the first in the entire league. Maybe the Flyers want to run him out there on the top unit to justify the salary.
    Im assuming this has to do with AV coaching him again more than anything, but thats just a guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Is it a matter of time before Sanheim starts to steal some PP minutes? So far it's been Ghost on PP1, then Provorov/Niskanen on PP2, disappointing as Sanheim has the tools to contribute on the PP.
    I saw that Sanheim hasn't been getting a sniff of PP time...that was another surprise to me (after Hayes on the top unit). That said, the sample size is so small for Philly that I wouldn't be overly concerned about Sanheim yet.

Gostisbehere, on the other hand, is someone I am concerned about. I am still a big believer in his skill set, but after a disappointing season last year I was/am hoping for a rebound season. Watching those highlights Peng posted shows me that there's still something wrong with Gostisbehere's confidence (the mental side of the game). He's just making bad decisions with the puck and isn't putting himself in the places he needs to be to succeed. And with 3rd pairing EV minutes, his fantasy value is disappearing quickly if he doesn't start to turn things around soon.

The only saving grace for him is that he has an awesome contract and he's likely a player Philly could easily trade, if it comes to that.

That said, for all his faults, I think it is a bit convenient to blame Philly's PP struggles from last season (and to start this season) solely (mostly) on Gostisbehere when Giroux and Voracek are also struggling in that area. I plan to watch a few Philly games over the next week to judge the situation for myself. Going back to last season, I could see lots of issues with the PP that I was hoping the new coaching staff would address. Not sure if they've tried to change things up or not, though.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hayes is finally off line 1 tonight, so the superstar deployment may be done for him, thankfully. he's a #2 center.

Niskanen is sort of okay on PP2, but really, he's not that good at the PP anymore. Better than Braun, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As an owner of Giroux and Couturier, I'm glad Couturier is on line 1 and pp1.

Does anyone know if Gostisbehere is still on pp1? Provorov assisted on that 3rd goal tonight. It's good to see Gost with 6 SOG tonight, at least.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    As an owner of Giroux and Couturier, I'm glad Couturier is on line 1 and pp1.

Does anyone know if Gostisbehere is still on pp1? Provorov assisted on that 3rd goal tonight. It's good to see Gost with 6 SOG tonight, at least.
    Ghost was playing 1st PP almost all night long. Pengwin7 has been saying it for a while now that he has been playing poorly, give aways, ineffective predictable shots that go wide, etc. and I've been resistant to agree but at this point its too obvious to deny.

Provorov was out with the top unit at the end on the 5v3 PP and the team would probably be served well to work him or Sanheim into that role..

As ugly as the final score was there were also some seriously dominant stretches of play where Koskinen seriously bailed his team out so it wasn't all bad tonight like the past few games.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot of Flyers are snake bit early on. JVR is in the top 25 for SOG (leads the team in this category actually) and is still trying to find the twine. It will come.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... Flyers need to go with Provorov on PP1, not Ghost.
    I've probably been saying it for 2+ years now.

Last night's game just gives more examples, here's YouTube:

So... here's the box score.
    If you check that out, one will see that Ghost actually registered 6sog and played 4min of PPTOI.

1. Click the YouTube and go to the Flyers PP at the 1:36mark. The Flyers win the draw, puck comes to Ghost, he moves it to Voracek... and then, up into the air goes his stick. This is EVERY.EFFIN.PP he does this. Every one. I call it the "Ghost Stick Waggle". I hate it. He wants his one-timer. Such a tell. Here's the problem: If Voracek moves it to him, Voracek will be NOWHERE near the net for a rebound. Also, Giroux who is shifting to right mid-wall is also NOWHERE near a potential rebound if that puck comes to Ghost for a one-timer. So Ghost ends up wasting all of his stick-waggling one-timers from that spot. Sometimes they get thru... yeah... that's when the masses adore Ghost.

2. What fortunately happens is that Voracek does NOT move the puck back to Ghost. That's good 'cause the Flyers 4F on this PP are actually pretty solid... and, lo & behold, the move the puck close to the net, they get a good rebound-level shot from Giroux, and the Voracek actually IS close enough to the net to pot a rebound!

3. But... all of this doesn't stop Ghost from teeing up his waggle (a waggle which doesn't make for a good passing game). Want proof Ghost still thinks he's the best primary option.
    Here click this and go to the 2:31 Ethan Bear penalty that started a Flyers PP, here's what you'll read:
    2:31 Penalty to Ethan Bear 2 minutes for Hooking
    2:31 Shot missed by Sean Couturier 0 1
    2:31 Sean Couturier won faceoff in offensive zone
    3:10 Shot on goal by Sean Couturier saved by Mikko Koskinen 0 1
    3:23 Shot missed by Shayne Gostisbehere 0 1
    3:43 Jakub Voracek shot blocked by Kris Russell 0 1
    3:48 Travis Konecny credited with hit on Josh Archibald in offensive zone
    3:51 Shot on goal by Sean Couturier saved by Mikko Koskinen 0 1
    4:07 Shot on goal by Shayne Gostisbehere saved by Mikko Koskinen 0 1
    4:13 Shot on goal by Shayne Gostisbehere saved by Mikko Koskinen 0 1
    4:29 Shot on goal by Shayne Gostisbehere saved by Mikko Koskinen 0 1
    5:05 Oskar Lindblom credited with hit on Leon Draisaitl in defensive zone
    5:58 Stoppage - Icing

Like... maybe LET SOMEBODY ELSE SHOOT.

Nope. I'm Ghost... I'ma keep pretending I'm the primary option on the PHI PP...

A few minutes later:
    7:09

Penalty to Markus Granlund 2 minutes for Hooking
    7:09 Sean Couturier won faceoff in offensive zone
    7:17 Shot missed by Shayne Gostisbehere 0 1
    7:26 Shot missed by Jakub Voracek 0 1

4. Now.... you know what works if you have very solid forwards... have a point defenseman feather a pass into the wheelhouse of a forward for a one-timer.
    Those shots (Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc), from an angle, those are hard shots to read... and the rebounds often pop-out to the other side mid-wall forward.

So... fast forward to 8:00 mark... which is late in the 3rd period.
    And it's Provorov on the point to start a powerplay.
    Couturier, Konecny, Giroux win face-off back to Provorov...
    And what does he do...
    he passes a nice.easy.ONE-TIME-ABLE.puck into Voracek's wheelhouse.

GOAL.

Easy.Peezy.
    That's all PHI has to do... and Ghost won't do it.

#EndRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Flyers fans. Just curious about Robert Hagg. I see he has been healthy scratched for a few games in a row. Is he playing that poorly to get into AV’s doghouse? Or just getting outplayed?
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Flyers fans. Just curious about Robert Hagg. I see he has been healthy scratched for a few games in a row. Is he playing that poorly to get into AV’s doghouse? Or just getting outplayed?
    Not necessarily either. They got Braun & Niskanen to address the lack of right handed defensemen (stupidly gave up Gudas while retaining salary, though) and Hagg is a lefty. So they have Provorov, Gostisbehere, and Sanheim who are all lefties as well, and they want to run 3L & 3R rather than have anyone playing the off side.

Braun is very likely their worst defenseman, and probably worst player. Luckily his contract is up after the year, and they only gave up 2 picks for him, could be worse.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Flyers fans, and fantasy owners, should be getting excited about Joel Farabee. This kid is super talented and I would not be surprised if he pushes for serious Calder consideration this year. Already playing on the top line with Giroux and getting top PP time. He is great away from the puck and very relentless pursuing it. I feel he is underappreciated as a prospect, given the hype other prospects are receiving. I would be a serious buyer right now. Stock will rise very quickly.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Roster update:
    • Carter Hart will miss 2-3 weeks (right lower abdominal strain)
    • Alex Lyon has been recalled under emergency conditions from the @LVPhantoms.
    • Joel Farabee has been loaned to @LVPhantoms & Chris Stewart has been placed on waivers.
    And Brian Elliott is still healthy!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some good news Flyers fans. Nolan Patrick on the ice this morning.

Sam Carchidi@BroadStBull

Patrick skating in a regular jersey at practice.

Indeed, it's good news. Hoping Patrick & Gostisbehere return soon.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quietly jumped into 3rd in the Metro and only 5 points back of Washington. Two huge wins over CBJ this week.

Since Jan 8, 12-5-1.