Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

When I first saw the MacDonald injury, I thought it said 6 months. I was disappointed it was only 6 weeks after that.

I respect what Manning brought as a Flyer. He was basically mid-bottom pair defender, but he worked hard to get where he was from being undrafted. I wish him luck in Chicago, but we needed the room on the blueline, so he wasn't coming back here, and it works out that he gets a multi-year deal. Likely good for all sides.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

I have been living under a rock! Never saw the news about Manning. I liked him. Shame, but yes space is required. Funny thing now is we could have used him with MacD and Morin injured.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Scotty Hartnell returning to the team???

Honestly, Gritty is awful.

Bringing back Phlex would've been better. Heck bringing back Slapshot would've been better.
    https://media.nbcphiladelphia.com/im...ers+MAscot.jpg
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

As much I hated Gritty, I must admit the Tonight Show & Last Week Tonight have helped me appreciate him more.

Dobber Sports Giant

It's Gritty's world, we are just living in it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Whats everyone's thoughts on the rumours surrounding Wayne Simmonds?

Should the Flyers trade him?

Will the Flyers trade him?

Do you think Simmonds would re-sing in Philly? Or does he want to test the market?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Do you think Simmonds would re-sing in Philly? Or does he want to test the market?

The should trade him. And they will. Easy way for the new GM to make a mark, can make it seem like he's still rebuilding. Plus, the last thing the Flyers need is to get bogged down with a long-term deal to Simmonds.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

He’s been a great player for that Flyers but he’s going to get a BIG raise on his next contract and I can’t imagine that deal aging well. With the season being a write off the team needs to recoup some value from players like Simmonds and Raffl if possible by the deadline and I imagine Simmer bringing in a good return from a team looking to go deep considering his work ethic, leadership and toughness.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree. That's an easy move there.
    He should fetch a 2nd rounder.

I wonder if Nashville could be a fit.
    Their PP is only at 15%... don't believe they have a good net-front presence.
    Their perimeter players (Josi/Ellis or Subban/Ekholm with Forsberg & RyJo) shouldn't be struggling so badly.
    Wayne could slam several pucks home.
    Preds have to feel like they still need "a piece" in order to finish that ever-so-close CUP-caliber team.

Though, not sure PHI would settle for a late-2nd...
    Maybe they could find some way to sweeten to a late-1st.

Though, the Preds didn't draft in rounds 1,2,3 last year.

The Great One

I agree with you, Pengwin7. Simmonds would be a great fit in Nashville and I think he will end up there for sure.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

I remember the last time Hartnell was moved. I wasn't happy about it as he was still a good player. In order to get a good return, you have to trade a good player. Simmonds is still a good player, but with his style, I can see him going the same way that Hartnell did. I'd guess two more good years for Simmonds before he starts declining. Teams competing for the cup will pay for those two years. I think we should move Simmonds to the highest bidder. If it makes our team worse this year and gets us a better lottery chance, I'm in. It does not appear we are gonna make any noise this year anyway.... sadly. At least my other team, Liverpool FC is having a year for the ages. YNWA!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I remember the last time Hartnell was moved. I wasn't happy about it as he was still a good player. In order to get a good return, you have to trade a good player. Simmonds is still a good player, but with his style, I can see him going the same way that Hartnell did. I'd guess two more good years for Simmonds before he starts declining. Teams competing for the cup will pay for those two years. I think we should move Simmonds to the highest bidder. If it makes our team worse this year and gets us a better lottery chance, I'm in. It does not appear we are gonna make any noise this year anyway.... sadly. At least my other team, Liverpool FC is having a year for the ages. YNWA!
    I just hope we get more in return for Simmonds than we got for Hartnell.... hahah

Dobber Sports Wizard

Expiring Paul Stastny was worth a 1st and a good prospect (Foley). If the Flyers sell Simmonds for a 2nd, there will be a line at their door.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Expiring Paul Stastny was worth a 1st and a good prospect (Foley). If the Flyers sell Simmonds for a 2nd, there will be a line at their door.
    Simmonds would be a great fit on any team trying to get over that hump to win a Cup. Whether it's Nashville, Toronto, Vegas or Tampa. Great fit on all of those teams.