Thread: New Writer Needed

I...am your father.

Default New Writer Needed

Ryan Van Horne of "Panning For Gold" fame, and Brent Lemon of "Lemon-Aid" fame, both decided to step back from writing for awhile. Van Horne and Lemon each cite family and day-job stresses as their reason, which is how it is sometimes. Life can really take over sometimes and interfere with your fantasy hockey fun! Both of these guys are quality writers and will be tough to replace.

For the time being, I will continue to "call 'em up from the minors" every Wednesday, to cover off Brent's piece and give everyone an opportunity to get noticed. If you want to be considered, simply contribute a nice piece to either Dub's section or the PG Advised section. If you catch my eye (or Angus' or GM Gates or Duballstar's), then you may see your piece moved to the front page.

Regarding Ryan's column. I am looking for a new contributor for this.

Requirements:
    - sound writing skills
    - extensive knowledge of prospects in the CHL, NCAA, AHL and Europe
    - the intense desire to eat, sleep and breathe fantasy hockey to the point where you can contribute a column on a weekly basis not for money but for the love.
    - must be reliable
    - experience is an asset but not a must

This position does get paid when it comes to contributing to the Fantasy Guide and the Fantasy Prospects Report.

Position Filled. Thank you to all who sent in a sample. There was a LOT of competition here.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    If you want to be considered, simply contribute a nice piece to either Dub's section or the PG Advised section.
    Fully endorse this! Anyone who wants to use the PG Section to showcase their contribution, feel free to do so. I suggest labeling it Prospect Report: _________, this way it is clear that your report is up for consideration.

Can't wait to see the results!

GMG
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Icon

Well we have our answer to the question asked a while ago: Does Dobber Niederreiter?

(sorry, could not resist)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Well we have our answer to the question asked a while ago: Does Dobber Niederreiter?

lmao...Ohhhhhhh, PD. tsk-tsk-tsk....whatever are we to do w/you???
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Mahahahah! I knew my Olympic team name would plant a seed in Dobberhockey brains! Too funny.

Dobber Sports Icon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lmao...Ohhhhhhh, PD. tsk-tsk-tsk....whatever are we to do w/you???
    Well, may I suggest showering me with expensive gifts? I really want a Kesler jersey (dark 3rd jersey, with the stick/rink) - custom stitching of course (but don't get the "A" on the front). It goes without saying that it has to be an authentic CCM - not one of those cheap knock-offs. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Mahahahah! I knew my Olympic team name would plant a seed in Dobberhockey brains! Too funny.
    That was you, eh? Forgot who it was...

(Sorry for the thread hijack Dobber)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

I...am your father.

Position Filled. Thank you to all who sent in a sample. There was a LOT of competition here.

I will have something for baseball writer hopefuls coming soon. DobberBaseball has some openings. Wait for my post announcing it!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post

I will have something for baseball writer hopefuls coming soon. DobberBaseball has some openings. Wait for my post announcing it!
    Do we get to know who this mysterious person is?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sources tell me it is Pierre McGuire.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Congrats to Jeffrey "Dr. Gregg" Renaud. He will be taking Van Horne's Saturday spot.

We are always looking for writers to add to the team - if interested post your columns/thoughts/articles/ideas on the forums - we notice!
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Congrats to Jeff! Good luck man...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Recruit

Good Luck with your new job Jeffrey