Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cheating Commish

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I had offered prongerbites a lot of advice on this situation both in his thread and through PMs. While I had advised him to be discreet and contact the offending commish in private, I don't think this thread is out of line. Naming the offender outright would have been but you didn't take that route. Good job Specteur.

My suggestion now, as a few mentioned in the other thread, is to take the rest of the managers from your league and form a new league with the same teams and rosters. Replace the GM of the 2 teams in question and start anew. That way you don't lose all the work you have put into your teams over the past few seasons.
    If what every thing Specteur and prongerbites can be backed up, it almost calls for outright naming the commish. Saves other people from having to go through the same grief when the accused tries to start anew league. Why should someone who pulls off such BS have their identity protected.

Anyways, starting a new league is really good avice 4T2. Why should a bunch of guys lose out on the time and commitment they put into something, when it's easy to just move on and create a new league.

Rep to you when I'm re-loaded.

Cheers.
    Last edited by MXHockey; January 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

That was the greatest suggestion yet, ...clone your league and add two new GMs,

...that way you guys still have your league, ...and the cheating GM dude can run ALL the teams in the old league, and really rack up the points.

But of course, before doing any of that, you should try to explore aquiring whatever one of the big 4 he has in exchange for Jody Shelley and your silence.

'Cause afterall, in a Yahoo head to head league, ...there's no scoring category for principles

Seriously, keep the league, dump the loser.
    Last edited by Flyer Fan; January 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you've traded any draft picks or other futures, cloning/restarting is not an option.

I think starting a new league is a very extreme measure. Specter mentioned his trades between his two teams were never lopsided (but obviously, needs were being filled pretty easily so it's still cheating). I'm in 4 leagues, they're all free and only 1 offers a prize for winning. If it was the prize league (or a league I paid to be in), I would be VERY cheesed about this and definitely bail. However, if it's just a free league, don't sweat it, I would flat out just tell the GM that he needs to find a new owner for the second team and keep on trucking.

The commish's rep is ruined and other GMs will be less likely to trade with him after knowing what they know, he can save face after a couple of seasons of honest GMing. It's definitely not worth uprooting the whole league over if it's free and there's no prize.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    If what every thing Specteur and prongerbites can be backed up, it almost calls for outright naming the commish. Saves other people from having to go through the same grief when the accused tries to start anew league. Why should someone who pulls off such BS have their identity protected.

Anyways, starting a new league is really good avice 4T2. Why should a bunch of guys lose out on the time and commitment they put into something, when it's easy to just move on and create a new league.

Rep to you when I'm re-loaded.

Cheers.
    Thanks Molson X but it wasn't really my idea. Pretty sure it was Dean Youngblood who mentioned it in the other thread.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Thanks Molson X but it wasn't really my idea. Pretty sure it was Dean Youngblood who mentioned it in the other thread.
    I think this is the best option. Everyone keeps their team, someone becomes Commissioner, and we find replacement managers. IF it's true that is.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'll leave Specteur with the honor of naming the person if he so chooses. I've already PM'd several people with the names, but at this point don't feel comfortable outright naming him. Unfortunately the poo has hit the fan. I'm not sure if he came across this thread (very possible given that he's on this site) or if somebody e-mailed him, but he sent a league-wide e-mail telling us how upset he was that people were going behind his back to discuss this.

I came clean and took the heat, but am still not satisfied with his answer. His response as to why the IP trace matched was because he "kinda" works with the guy. I guess he's saying the dude that owns his team is an outside worker (landscaper) who works at his same place of work.

To me, it doesn't really explain why the IP's would match though. If he was was a landscaper from an outside company, he still wouldn't have access to the work network (healthcare industry) and it still doesn't explain the questions (bench coach questions) that directly involved the other managers team.

I'm giving him one more opportunity to come clean, but if he still refuses I think some of us will have no choice but to move on. At this point, him lying is more damaging than just coming clean and finding another owner.

Unhappy

I'm in this same league as well and just found out about all of this this morning. I don't even understand why someone would cheat at all but in a "FREE" league just seems crazy to me.....Anyway
    12 team Full Keeper
    G,A +/- Hits,BS,SOG,ATOI,PPP,FOW,PIM,GWG,W,Saves,Save%,GAA ,SO
    C:Crosby,R.Johanson,J.Carter,Brassard,Fisher,Kadri ,Vermette
    RW:Ovechkin,Voracek,Hornquist,Niederieter,Silfverb erg
    LW:Benn,Zetterberg,Panarin,Hartnell,Ladd,Hertl
    D:Hedmen,OEL,Buff,Letang,Klingberg,Chara,Gudas,Orp ik
    G:Price,Crawford,Dubnyk,Darling,Miller

10 Team Full Keeper 29 Roster 5 Minors Full Roto
    C-Crosby,Backstrom,Kopitar,Krejci,RNH,Plekanec,
    LW-Hall,Saad,Krieder,Perron,Boedker
    RW-Okposo,Atkinson,Niederietter,Shaw
    D-Letang,Hedman,Green.Klingberg,S.Jones,Chara,Orpik
    G-Bobrovski,Lehner,Niemi,Helly,Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by prongerbites View Post
    I'll leave Specteur with the honor of naming the person if he so chooses. I've already PM'd several people with the names, but at this point don't feel comfortable outright naming him. Unfortunately the poo has hit the fan. I'm not sure if he came across this thread (very possible given that he's on this site) or if somebody e-mailed him, but he sent a league-wide e-mail telling us how upset he was that people were going behind his back to discuss this.

I came clean and took the heat, but am still not satisfied with his answer. His response as to why the IP trace matched was because he "kinda" works with the guy. I guess he's saying the dude that owns his team is an outside worker (landscaper) who works at his same place of work.

To me, it doesn't really explain why the IP's would match though. If he was was a landscaper from an outside company, he still wouldn't have access to the work network (healthcare industry) and it still doesn't explain the questions (bench coach questions) that directly involved the other managers team.

I'm giving him one more opportunity to come clean, but if he still refuses I think some of us will have no choice but to move on. At this point, him lying is more damaging than just coming clean and finding another owner.
    so his answer is that while caring for people's health/lives he and another worker (landscaper) manage to run both of their fantasy teams from the same work computer (as IP addresses are generally computer specific) ?? really ?? thats weak ......im sure that would go over well at the office.

this is how i am picturing it happening:

Landscape Dude (LD) walks in covered in dirt and wearing landscaping boots and trudges loudly across the office to the Office dudes (OD) computer. while leaving a path of dirt/snow in his wake.

LD - "hey dude stop helping people improve their health I need your computer to make some roster moves and propose a trade to you"

OD - "Yeah no problem man, my boss wont mind if you use my computer for dicking around and stop me from doing my work"

LD-" OK cool and while we are at it, Im gonna propose a trade to you online even though we are standing next to each other"

OD- "Ok ok dont tell me what the trade is, i will log on after you are done using my computer and check it out"

LD - "ok sweet well let me know by email so I can check it on your computer tomorrow while you stand beside me"

OD - "OK sweet dude, try not to get mud all over the office on the way out"
    Last edited by wendelclark17; January 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM. Reason: effin spelling

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    so his answer is that while caring for people's health/lives he and another worker (landscaper) manage to run both of their fantasy teams from the same work computer (as IP addresses are generally computer specific) ?? really ?? thats weak ......im sure that would go over well at the office.

this is how i am picturing it happening:

Landscape Dude (LD) walks in covered in dirt and wearing landscaping boots and trudges loudly across the office to the Office dudes (OD) computer. while leaving a path of dirt/snow in his wake.

LD - "hey dude stop helping people inprove their health I need your computer to make some roster moves and propose a trade to you"

OD - "Yeah no problem man, my boss wont mind if you use my computer for dicking around and stop me from doing my work"

LD-" OK cool and while we are at it, Im gonna propose a trade to you online even though we are standing next to each other"

OD- "Ok ok dont tell me what the trade is, i will log on after you are done using my computer and check it out"

LD - "ok sweet well let me know by email so I can check it on your computer tomorrow while you stand beside me"

OD - "OK sweet dude, try not to get mud all over the office on the way out"
    LOL....I agree and to make it worse he's just sent a message from "Landscaper dude' quiting the league because this is bull@#$%. This is becoming very comical actually.
    12 team Full Keeper
    G,A +/- Hits,BS,SOG,ATOI,PPP,FOW,PIM,GWG,W,Saves,Save%,GAA ,SO
    C:Crosby,R.Johanson,J.Carter,Brassard,Fisher,Kadri ,Vermette
    RW:Ovechkin,Voracek,Hornquist,Niederieter,Silfverb erg
    LW:Benn,Zetterberg,Panarin,Hartnell,Ladd,Hertl
    D:Hedmen,OEL,Buff,Letang,Klingberg,Chara,Gudas,Orp ik
    G:Price,Crawford,Dubnyk,Darling,Miller

10 Team Full Keeper 29 Roster 5 Minors Full Roto
    C-Crosby,Backstrom,Kopitar,Krejci,RNH,Plekanec,
    LW-Hall,Saad,Krieder,Perron,Boedker
    RW-Okposo,Atkinson,Niederietter,Shaw
    D-Letang,Hedman,Green.Klingberg,S.Jones,Chara,Orpik
    G-Bobrovski,Lehner,Niemi,Helly,Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by frazmo12 View Post
    LOL....I agree and to make it worse he's just sent a message from "Landscaper dude' quiting the league because this is bull@#$%. This is becoming very comical actually.
    comical is one word that comes to mind .......pathetic is another.

Dobber Sports Rookie

It is a little comical, but honestly more sad at this point. If he would just come out and admit it I don't think many managers would be that upset. But by continuing to assume that we're not smart enough to see around the BS it's actually doing way more damage than the original allegations.

Dobber Sports Initiate

LET'S START A NEW LEAGUE WITH THE ROSTERS THE SAME.

P.S. I am definitely in this league. Wasn't sure before if there were more than one, but this is definitely mine.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    LET'S START A NEW LEAGUE WITH THE ROSTERS THE SAME.

P.S. I am definitely in this league. Wasn't sure before if there were more than one, but this is definitely mine.
    Cause I feel bad for you guys .... i would possibly assume one of the
    "commish's" teams for the short term until you found a suitable replacement. Im not prepared to say I will commit for an extended period of time but if you need somenoe to bridge the gap I would consider helping you guys out. PM me if you want to talk about it further.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, people sometimes screwup and do really dumb things, then do even dumber things trying desperately to get away from them.

I imagine the guys gotta be very embarrassed right about now, ...I kid around alot on here, but in all seriousness, the whole point of the league is a bunch of guys having fun.

The guy screwed up, make a plan, whether it's reforming the league, rescinding trades, booting the guy, suspending the guy, penalizing him draft picks, making him buy you all pizza and beer, re-populate his roster with band-aide boys, ...whatever works best for you guys, ...just remember the silliness of it all, and try not to let it cause any hard feelings.

Good luck!
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Cause I feel bad for you guys .... i would possibly assume one of the
    "commish's" teams for the short term until you found a suitable replacement. Im not prepared to say I will commit for an extended period of time but if you need somenoe to bridge the gap I would consider helping you guys out. PM me if you want to talk about it further.
    I'll keep you posted on what happens.