Thread: d sedin, yashin and backstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default d sedin, yashin and backstrom

I was offered Backstrom(was) and Kaberle(tor) for d sedin and yashin. I like this just was wanting comments, good or bad:whistle:

2 pts for goal, 1 for assist

Post edited by: jaymur, at: 2007/05/20 17:08

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:d sedin, yashin and backstrom

Ummm hello, take this deal now. This is a total NO BRAINER.. do it before the other owner wipes the dust out of his eyes.. Take Backstrom and Kaberle and reap the benefits.. My god, what an offer..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Zorro wrote:
    Ummm hello, take this deal now. This is a total NO BRAINER.. do it before the other owner wipes the dust out of his eyes.. Take Backstrom and Kaberle and reap the benefits.. My god, what an offer..
    Completely agree. Take this deal before the other commish wisens up
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

goldfish47

yes take the deal any deal you can get someone willing to take yashin off your hands is always a good deal to take

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well i guess theres always 1 who has to go against the grain lol. If this was a point for both goal and assist pool then id say jump at it but considering its not I think you have to take a better look than just saying yay i get to dump Yashin. Heres my reasoning:

1. Are you stable for youth on your line up cause if you are then there\'s no urgency to get younger.
    2. Kaberle vs Yashin. When looking at totals for points Yashin had 1 less than Kaberle and thats with missing all those games, it\'s not a matter of wether you like a player it\'s all about the production and Yashin will always score goals, if not for the knee injury who know\'s how his season would\'ve went. Kaberle isn\'t the shooter in T.O. Mccabe is so it\'s a good bet his totals will be close to this again.
    3. Sedin vs Backstrom. Do you want the trigger man or the set up man. Think you already answered this, 2 points for a goal 1 for an assist. Backstrom isn\'t gonna light the lamp as much as he is gonna set them up according to all the talk, whereas Sedin IS gonna light it, he\'s the main man for his brother to pass to and they have gotten better each year no reason to think it will stop now.
    4. Totals. Sedin-120 pnts+ Yashin-68= 188 pts.
    Kaberle- 69+ Backstrom?
    Even with a great year from Backstrom can he make up the 120 pnt difference, prolly not.

For me this comes down to age, do you need to get younger, if so then take it but i\'m thinking as your guys rack up the assists and the others score the goals you\'ll be wishing you had\'ve held onto them a little longer. Hope it works out for you either way, GL.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

When the Canucks get a legitimate star RW for the Sedins (not another Carter or Pyatt), Sedin will approach 100 points.

It all depends on how much money they have to get a top RW (which isn\'t much unless they ship out some $$$).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Take the deal and do not look back.

I...am your father.

87Flyer was on the right track here. Daniel is a triggerman, whereas Kaberle and Backstrom are setup guys.

It\'s a no brainer with 1 and 1 point system, but 2 and 1 really throws things. He\'s pretty clever to make such an offer. He\'s capitalizing on the Backstrom hype and the Yashin sourness.

I think Yashin will bounce back this year, but let\'s pretend not TOO much.

Let\'s say Sedin 40 and 50, Yashin 25 and 40
    Kaberle 12 and 50, Backstrom 20 and 50

I think it seems fair.
    So
    Sedin/Yashin 220
    Kaberle/Backstrom 164

This way, it\'s not even close. And I think the following year, Backstrom would pad another 20 or 30 points to the 164. In Year 3 you would start winning this deal I think...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you refuse that deal, you will regret it all your life. In our league, I am the president, and if a trade like this will be done, for sure I will canceled the trade! This trade make no sense for me. Backstrom will collect so many assist as playing with Ovechkin and Semin on PP and Kaberle is one of the best defenceman in that kind of league when you count 2 pts for a goal. I will trade better player then D. Sedin to get a defenceman like Kaberle in my league... Yashin is an overated guy and don\'t dream about him : I will never do a comeback like Jagr did last year and this year. Trade him as fast as you can before is value go down. Do that trade before the guy change is mind and send him some money after next year to thanks him...

Do that trade and kick the guy out of your league in a month before he trade good players to your competitors, this guy don\'t live on the same planet!

Post edited by: ginf17, at: 2007/05/27 13:31
    Fantasy Hockey Manager superfan!

I...am your father.

Welcome ginf!
    If his pool does not need defensemen, then you may be looking at it wrong. If his pool has to carry a certain amount of defensemen, then you\'re probably right!
    My two keeper leagues do not need to carry a minimum of defensemen...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi