Thread: Clowe - DUI - some drunken thoughts...

I...am your father.

Default Clowe - DUI - some drunken thoughts...

As you can imagine, being that it is Christmas at 12:04 am...I\'ve had a few pops tonight and I return home to see that Ryane Clowe has been charged with a DUI.

Now...If I am in the NHL and I make at least $475,000 per year, or in Clowe\'s case $542,000...I would never get nailed for this and here is why:

I\'m not sure what the tax system is down in the States, but say he \'only\' brings home $30,000 a month. I would just set aside 20% of that ($6000, for all the math idiots out there) and spend it on limos. A limo with a driver two or three nights per week to drive me to a place - be it a club or a buddy\'s party - and come back to pick me up again. How hard is that? Sure, you\'re \'down to\' $24,000 a month for bills and spending money, but you can squeak by.

Dumb.

I love my car...but I do love being driven around after many beers. I don\'t travel in a limo - it\'s a Corolla. I don\'t have a chauffeur - although my wife says she is. But damn it...it\'s great! I can only imagine that a limo would be that much better. And you get to hang onto your career, to boot. Win - win!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It really amazes me Dobber on how dumb these people are! I only make around 50K a year... And for some reason I can afford to take a cab home if i\'m drunk, or even find a ride home...

Just so you know... I thought thats what Girl friends are for...

PS: Jim Rome has a Celeb hot line for drunks... If i\'m not mistaken its 1-800-AAAAAAAaaRRRRRRRRRR!!!

:P

typo88

anyone see that Captain Morgans commercial with the pizza delivery guy, for those you havnt... When your drunk, go to a pizza plzce and order delivery to your house... get the delivery guy to drive you home. In essence (drunk reasoning), your getting a ride home and a pizza, instead of just a ride home in some smelly taxi... MERRY XMAS EVERYONE

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you have a roadside package you can also get a towtruck to take you and your car home.

In Korea they have something called agency drivers. You call and two folks come in a car - one drives you and your car to your home and the other follows to pick up the driver. In most instances it is less expensive than a cab - however it is flat fee so for short hauls it might be cheaper to crawl home.

The problem with most drunks is they usually have lost their power of reason when it comes to going home - it must become part of your behavioral standard when you are sober to make the right choice everytime. Throw Clowe in jail - he will work on the standard very quickly.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Obviously another Leaf ploy to get Clowe . Could someone charge Thorton so we can get him sent off to the Leafs too.

Dobber Sports Genius

not too many of us can say that we\'ve never drank and drove , some of us have been luckier then others , still no excuse for what is a dumb move , i know i\'ve \"been there done that\" , so i use my stupid mistake as an example to others as to what can and eventually will change your life in one way or another , briefly or permanently!\"
    stop , drop , roll\" , just do\'nt drink and drive!merry x-mass!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

I...am your father.

Dilly wrote:
    Obviously another Leaf ploy to get Clowe . Could someone charge Thorton so we can get him sent off to the Leafs too.
    HILARIOUS!

And Shoeless -we have that here, too!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

I pretty sure I read somewhere that he could have called a taxi or a limo or anything to pick him up and the TEAM would pay for it. How stupid are you to not call someone when you aren\'t even paying for it. Well he is paying for it now.
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here in Northern Virginia there is a guy that will stick his small moped in the trunk of your car and drive you home then ride his moped home. Pretty cool idea. You don\'t have to find a ride the next day to go get your car.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11