Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Green's Douchiness

Banned

Default Mike Green's Douchiness

Please nobody tell me that this guy is not a douche after you watch what he drives to practice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWIPW...layer_embedded

He's driving an ORANGE VESPA wearing MOCCASINS in DECEMBER (i.e. COLD)!
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

I actually though it was pretty funny ... I wonder how many people chirp him riding around town not knowing that it is Green.

Dobber Sports Stud

Vespa's are a real mans ride. No Joke. I used to think he was a douche but now he has my respect.

PS... here's my club
    http://www.capitalcityscooterclub.com/index.php
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Pro

Dude, actual moccasins(not the store bought crap) are hella warm, so if he's got those, he's fine for feet warmth.

I respect him for having a vespa(an orange one to boot), but I doubt I could ride one in the middle of winter. Too cold for it, but I suppose I also don't live in DC or Virginia.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Between this, Ovechkin living with his Mom and packing his PS3 for a raod trip, I just don't know what to think anymore!

What an amazing show.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Please nobody tell me that this guy is not a douche after you watch what he drives to practice!
    To quote Inigo Montoya:
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    To quote Inigo Montoya:
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    amazing reference .... inconceivable !!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    This is not Green going to practice. He lives in Arlington, and would have no need to cross the Potomac River to go to practice. In the video, Arlington is the high rise buildings in the background when he is crossing the bridge. This is obviously a viral ad for Vespa. I am not sure if it is something he did for a local dealership or if this was organized directly with Vespa's main office.

Green drives a Bentley to practice! (pictures in the caps thread in sig)

Also, Ovie has his own place in Arlington. Perhaps his mom and/or dad stays with him when they are in town. (I haven't seen last nights 24/7 yet, so perhaps they showed something that I am not aware of and could be wrong about Ovie living with his mom, but I doubt it.)
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    This is not Green going to practice. He lives in Arlington, and would have no need to cross the Potomac River to go to practice. In the video, Arlington is the high rise buildings in the background when he is crossing the bridge. This is obviously a viral ad for Vespa. I am not sure if it is something he did for a local dealership or if this was organized directly with Vespa's main office.

Also, Ovie has his own place in Arlington. Perhaps his mom and/or dad stays with him when they are in town. (I haven't seen last nights 24/7 yet, so perhaps they showed something that I am not aware of and could be wrong about Ovie living with his mom, but I doubt it.)
    Ya in last nigths 24/7 they said that he lives with his parents. Ovie actually said he wont move out till he has a wife cause he needs someone to clean and do laundry .... so yeah he lives with them. clip of it here

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl-299755

I dunno about the Vespa ad thing they likely would have had his face visible if it was for an ad dont you think? I mean whats the point if you cant see tell its Green in the clip cause his face is covered? having said that it does seem odd to drive a vespa in winter when you have other options.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; December 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post

Whether he's going to practice or not, that's not the point. The point is he's a flaming douche and this is clear evidence! Watch the episode, there are many other examples of his douchiness (lying to the refs, whining about an injury, looking at Ovie's junk, etc.).

This comment sums up Mike Green, it's from a poster named MattfromWestNY that I found on ThePensBlog:

Mike Green wears Louie Vuitton gloves, with matching Louie Vuitton accessories, when he rides his orange moped. Mike Green lies about getting hit with a stick, and cries to a ref, when he cant handle one of Charas least powerful hits. Mike Green has maintained the same pouty look on his face, in every scene, since appearing in Episode 1. Its probably the same reason Mike Green, decided to get the word "Faith" tattooed on his arm, surrounded by a bouquet of Daisies. And when the ship starts sinking, you can be sure Mike Green wont be there, probably on account of a "tweaked" knee. See its easy to jump ship and avoid blame when your teams not winning, and Mike Green loves to do things the easy way. Its probably why Mike Green decided to give up on that play, and glide at about 1 mph, with his stick on the ice, watching a 19 year old Burmistrov turn his defensive partner inside out. Ive learned a couple things from watching this guy. Hes a ****ing loser. An emotional douche. Hes the kid whos Dad forced him to play, when he just wanted to quit. Hes the Kid you used to play with back in the day, who always pretended to be hurt when he lost the game. And yet he remains to be a guy who gets a lot of attention, a lot of praise, from Washington fans and NHL media. Seems unfair, right? Its ok, theres good news. No team wins a cup with players like that.
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Ya in last nigths 24/7 they said that he lives with his parents. Ovie actually said he wont move out till he has a wife cause he needs someone to clean and do laundry .... so yeah he lives with them. clip of it here

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl-299755

I dunno about the Vespa ad thing they likely would have had his face visible if it was for an ad dont you think? I mean whats the point if you cant see tell its Green in the clip cause his face is covered? having said that it does seem odd to drive a vespa in winter when you have other options.
    Sid lived with his owner and AO lives with his mother.

Who's the bigger baby in the eyes of "Generally Accepted" North American social norms?

Banned

Ovie's not a baby for living with his parents, he's actually smart. He doesn't have to do any chores or anything. Sid wasn't a baby either for living in a sub-complex of his owner's huge resort.

Dobber Sports Pro

Honestly, these guys can live with whoever they want, drive whatever they want, date whoever they want.....

Let them be kids, let them grow up and hope that someone is teaching them to be respectful and productive members of society. If OV lives with his parents and Sid lived with his owner/idol, these seem to be character references and not character flaws.

Regarding the rest, as long as they show up and play at the level they are supposed to, WHO CARES.

Maybe I am just old school or just old?

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    amazing reference .... inconceivable !!
    Some of the best references ever!!!
    Q: Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    A: I just want you to feel you're doing well.

or

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
    Last edited by Chuk; December 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hardly think these guys are baby's, PC. Get a grip, man. The OV thing was just funny and unexpected.

I agree the Vespa (and PS3) seemed like obvious product placements.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll take what you say seriously about Mike Green when your homophobia wears off .... I think somewhere along the line you misinterpreted the word douche, as in George Avis from that article posted on here yesterday.

Flaming douche? I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound very hygenic.

Its quite possible given the attention you pay to Mike Green off the ice that you've developed a serious man-crush on him - or are those strictly reserved for Senators' players?
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford