Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Washington Capitals

The Magnificent One

wow i dont think you can get much better than that. damn some really interesting stuff in there. could this be the night that ovechkin breaks out of his slump? based on history numbers it might be the case. but then again we might be instore for a big malkin night as history shows it as well.

i think this game might go differently then the ones in the past bc of washingtons new style of play but it would be awesome to see this being a 7-6 game or something. high scoring games will be sweet (also bc i dont have these goalies in any pools os its all good).
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    wow i dont think you can get much better than that. damn some really interesting stuff in there. could this be the night that ovechkin breaks out of his slump? based on history numbers it might be the case. but then again we might be instore for a big malkin night as history shows it as well.
    I sure hope it is the night that Ovie gets out of his slump.....and the night Sid's streak ends! I think Ovie getting a multi-goal game and the Caps ending Sid's streak would be the kind of drama HBO is hoping for as well!
    Last edited by mikerocksthered; December 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM.
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    Great questions and I don't consider myself a hockey expert by any means, but hear are my thoughts.

2. People might give me a bunch of crap for this, but I think Mike Green is the glue that hold the team together. He has not been doing very well this year, especially during the slump. This is very evident when Mike Green is sick or injured. I can't find the exact numbers but will continue to look for them. Since Mike Green leads the team in time on the ice, it would make sense that he is the guy that everyone feeds off of. If he is slumping then everyone on the team will be on the ice with him throughout the course of the game. I do agree that Semin and Ovie tend to go back and forth with one being "on" and the other being "off". The annoying part of that, is Semin tends to have a lot of stupid offensive penalties in the worst possible times when he is "off".
    Hey Mike....

From the thread NYR-WSH I wrote:

I am not sure what is happening with the Caps this year but it looks pretty bad.
    One thing I have noticed is that the Caps seem to preform as well as Mike Green does. When he is out, they lose, when he is injured, they lose.
    If any of you statisticians can look at the numbers it seems to be much more than a coincidence. Maybe he means more to this team than we think?
    I am not a Caps fan but i watch them whenever I can,as they used to play a great style. This year Green looks to be the key.

I am interested if you are doing any research into this as you seem to be on top of the Caps. Please let me know if you find anything.... I tried looking into it but I just do not have the time or skills to pull it off.

Really enjoy your posts and insights. You seem to have found that balance of fan and critic that is hard to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Fantastic preview on the game tonight. Is this all of your own work or are you reading these stats from other sources and collaborating them? Very indepth.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Fantastic preview on the game tonight. Is this all of your own work or are you reading these stats from other sources and collaborating them? Very indepth.
    Most of my caps/pen preview is from the Games Notes posted on the caps website. I threw in my own opinion in a few spots. When I am getting stuff from blogs or articles, I usually reference the source. I don't think I need to cite the games notes....if I am incorrect about that, let me know!

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    Most of my caps/pen preview is from the Games Notes posted on the caps website. I threw in my own opinion in a few spots. When I am getting stuff from blogs or articles, I usually reference the source. I don't think I need to cite the games notes....if I am incorrect about that, let me know!
    It doesn't matter to me (maybe to some) but as long as I don't have to sift through multiple pages to get it, I am happy

I was just wondering if you were digging for the stats or just posting other people's work. If it's the latter than I think you should probably source the work (or simply put quotes around it)

Good work. Cheers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey man,

Looking forward to reading your stuff. Not really a Caps fan, but my office happens to be in the Arlington area, as I'm here doing some contract work for a little while.

Hard to get any Leafs coverage here, so I need my hockey fix so following the local club is the way to go.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    F/D Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
    G Cats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Pro Roster
    C: M Ribeiro, B Richards, D Roy, J Skinner
    LW: R Clowe, Z Parise
    RW: T Purcell
    D: T Enstrom, JM Liles, D Phaneuf

G: R Miller, J Reimer

Farm Team
    L Omark, J Blum, G Clitsome, J Huberdeau, Z Dalpe, L Adam

Dobber Sports Monster

Hey Mike,

Good stuff, I just put a sticky on this thread such as the other team threads.

Welcome aboard!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It doesn't matter to me (maybe to some) but as long as I don't have to sift through multiple pages to get it, I am happy

I was just wondering if you were digging for the stats or just posting other people's work. If it's the latter than I think you should probably source the work (or simply put quotes around it)

Good work. Cheers
    I assume game notes posted on the Caps webpage is open game and doesn't need to be quoted since all of the media outlets use those for random chit chat during broadcasts.....I do make sure to give Katie Carrera, Japers, etc, the credit when I am using their info.

Is there a website where you can get stats based on someone being in or out of the line up (ie: caps record with green out)?

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Caps Lines vs Pens 12/23

Forwards
    1st: Ovechkin - Perreault - Fehr

2nd: Laich - Backstom - Knuble

3rd: Chimera - Johannson - Semin

4th: Beagle - Steckel - A Gordon

Defense:

Hannan - Green

Alzner - Carlson

Poti - Erskine

Goalie: Michael Neuvirth

Line-up's tweeted by Katie Carrera!

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Perreault on the 1st line - WOW!

I actually like the balance of the 3 scoring lines. Each has a capable set up man (Perreault, Backstrom, Johansen), a grinder (Fehr, Laich, Chimera) and a shooter (Ovechkin, Knuble and Semin).

Of course, some of these guys can do both or all three (setup, grind and shoot)
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; December 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Hey Mike,

Good stuff, I just put a sticky on this thread such as the other team threads.

Welcome aboard!!
    Thanks shakedown! I am glad to contribute!

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Perreault on the 1st line - WOW!

I actually like the balance of the 3 scoring lines. Each has a capable set up man (Perreault, Backstrom, Johansen), a grinder (Fehr, Laich, Chimera) and a shooter (Ovechkin, Knuble and Semin).

Of course, some of these guys can do both or all three (setup, grind and shoot)
    I know!!!! I am excited to see how Perreault does on that line. Of course we have to see how long these lines stay in place as Bourdreau loves to change it up on the fly.

Also interested to see if they put Ovie in front of the net on the PP's tonight. Seemed like that didn't work so well against the Flyers. They know his shot is much better at a distance than it is directly in front of the crease and played the other four man to man, basically ignoring Ovie at the net.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

The Magnificent One

semin on the 3rd line??? WHAT that is upsetting.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

End of the 1st period, and a physical period!

Caps converted 0 of 3 PP's including a 5 on 3, and the Pens converted 0 of 1. If the Caps can't score on a PP, I am not sure if they will win this.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H