Thread: Expert League - My Team - R.I.P.

I...am your father.

Default Expert League - My Team - R.I.P.

This is becoming... almost comical. As you may or may not know, my fortunes in the Dobber Expert League have not been great. Being last to next-to -last in all four goalie categories (40% of the roto cats) has kept me out of the Top 6, and the recent slump of Staal and Nash have slipped me down to 11th. Three days ago, however, I had hope. Staal was starting to pick it up again, Turco has won more games than any goalie in the last month except Kipper, and all of my max games numbers was far below everyone else. I rode the wave nicely and came out of it with some hope. I can use the extra games in hand that I have on everyone to close the gap. Throw in the fact that Crosby\'s big hot streak has yet to come - but most certainly is - and the fact that Ramo won his debut and I was feeling pretty pleased. The bottom has now dropped out and I concede that not only will I not be in the Top 3 in my own expert league... but I will be relegated to the Pro Division next season. What has happened in 36 hours to shatter my hopes so badly? Justin Williams is out for the season, and now Daniel Carcillo is gone for 6-8 weeks.

FYI, here is how my team looks. I haven\'t moved to replace Carcillo as I only recently got the news:

Eric Staal C
    Nicklas Backstrom C
    Peter Mueller C
    Sidney Crosby C
    Daniel Carcillo LW
    Paul Kariya LW
    Rick Nash LW
    Tuomo Ruutu LW
    Milan Michalek RW
    Jozef Stumpel RW
    Jiri Hudler RW
    Maxim Afinogenov RW
    Andrej Meszaros D
    Dustin Byfuglien D
    Kris Letang D
    Ryan Whitney D
    Tobias Enstrom D
    Tom Poti D
    Karri Ramo G
    Marty Turco G
    Ben Eager BN
    Chris Mason BN
    Keith Ballard BN
    Justin Williams BN
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dont take it too hard Dobber. Remember that everyone in the expert league is getting the best information from this site...which will really even the playing field.

When everyone in the league is reading, and acting upon, generally the same/best information, it is very hard to get an edge...even for you DD.

On a side note, I think those of us in Phoenix are about to find out just how valuable (or not?) Carcillo has been to our team. I will miss watching him play.
    On the Coyote bandwagon since 1996...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So Dobber did you draft Carcillo or pick him off the wire?

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber... Im right there with you!

I lost Fluery, J Williams and Carcillo now!!
    Ugh.. I just dont know what to do.

Here is the top 8 in fantasy points on the FA list:
    Goddard
    Sjostrom
    Parros
    Kostopoulos
    Ott
    J. Mayers
    Lucic
    Kostitsyn

Im thinking Goddard and Lucic or Sjostrom? opinions?
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

I...am your father.

Shoeless wrote:
    Drafted him

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Renegade wrote:
    Dobber... Im right there with you!

I lost Fluery, J Williams and Carcillo now!!
    Ugh.. I just dont know what to do.

Here is the top 8 in fantasy points on the FA list:
    Goddard
    Sjostrom
    Parros
    Kostopoulos
    Ott
    J. Mayers
    Lucic
    Kostitsyn

Im thinking Goddard and Lucic or Sjostrom? opinions?
    I\'d take a run at Lucic. He looks like he has the potential to have a good mix of PIM and Points.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber wrote:
    Shoeless wrote:
    Drafted him
    Ahhh, as did I. I have Avery as well but I sort of need him to actually play games to help me.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I lost Carcillo as well. I picked up Voros from the wild who should pick up some points and good PIM. Check him out.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber - although not as sweet as the cup, you do have our gratitude. Some of us are continuing to gain valuable insight as you battle your way out of these predicaments. I\'m currently in the Pro League and have somehow dragged myself to 9th place - still relying on your guidance (like the recent acquisition of Ramo). Hang in there - it\'s a long season!
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

I...am your father.

In the Expert League all the good players are gone - Voros was grabbed a long time ago. I do have Eager on the bench, but he\'s no Carcillo. I think Stumpel will start picking it up - he always does around this time. But he\'s no Williams
    It\'ll be tough...I think I\'m toast. Maybe, with some luck and quick reaction, I can crawl out of the bottom two...

Dobber Sports Icon

This is why I try not to keep games played in hand... In the experts league, I was over my limit in all positions in terms of games played, but then jason williams, sean avery, cory murphy, m-a fleury, and ryan clowe all suffered (and continue to suffer) injuries.

Now I\'m back down on pace (and in some positions, under pace) to get my max my games played.

Injuries utterly kill teams in these roto leagues, not just because you aren\'t getting stats, but also because it messes with your \"pacing\" plans.

With carcillo down and avery and clowe coming back soon (hopefully), maybe I will finally take the pim crown from dobber in the experts league. Lord knows since my goalies suck too (I have than 15.5 total points from my goalies out of a possible 48 points), I need all the help I can get from my skaters.

I can\'t believe that my goalie stats are better than dobber\'s. I mean he started the year with Mason and Turco for goodness sakes! I\'ve been riding garon and khabibulin since fleury went down. What\'s going on with the world when chicago and edmonton goalies are doing better than dallas and nashville goalies?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

I...am your father.

Good point about the max games...I may try that next year.