Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: World Junior Pool - open for entry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default World Junior Pool - open for entry

Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome to the IIHF Under 20 2011 pool. This is the fourth year that pool has been run here.

PAST WINNERS:
    First off, credit to the past winners.
    2008: miked (out of 8 or 9 entriesā€¦ it was a last minute thing)
    2009: ultrawhiteness (out of 28 entries)
    2010: watchingthegame (out of 28 entries)

SCORING:
    Points only for skaters
    Goalies Wins = 2, OLT = 1, SO = +2

The only points that count are those in games that lead to a medal (round robin and playoffs). This does include the bronze medal game. Relegation round or 5th-6th seeding games are NOT included.

ROSTER
    12 forwards, 6 d-men, 2 goalies + 1 captain (total 21 players)
    Only 5 players from any one nation (including all positions and captain) so you canā€™t load up on one or two nations.

The position of 'Captain' was introduced last year to further enhance the diversity of the picks. So I have selected six top players in tournament and you can only pick one (they are not available for the other forwards positions). This year the 6 captain are:
    Brayden Schenn
    Brett Connolly
    Jeremy Morin
    Chris Kreider
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    Nino Neidderreiter

PRIZE
    Respect and bragging rights

HOW TO ENTER
    In the attached zip file I have put a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. From here you can use the pull-down menus to pick you team. The spreadsheet counts the number of players from each nation. Once you have selected your 21 players save the excel file with your username and email it to me. My email is my dobber username at gmail dot com. Please take note how my username is actually spelled because it is often misspelled. Please put 'World Junior Pool' in the title so it will be easy to spot in case your email gets caught as spam.

If you don't have Microsoft Excel your other option is to email me with the names of you entry in a list. The names must be spelled exactly as found on the roster from http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/. This make is possible for me to cut and paste into excel. Be sure to count the number of players you have from each nation.

The deadline is before the drop of the puck for the first game (December 26, 12:30 EST).

CHANGES
    Last year a few people wanted to change their entries after they made them. This is not a big deal but it is something I would like to minimize. The best plan is to wait until closer to the start of the tournament to make your entry. However, if you HAVE to change it I will accept it up until the deadline.

NOTES AND DISCLAIMER
    I have done the best I can to get the up-to-date rosters but these rosters are pre-cuts for some teams and there may be errors. I take no responsibility for you picking players that don't play.
    If player is not on the pull down list but should be, add him in the 'write in' section. There shouldn't be many but if there are I am sorry.

I am posting this December 18 at 8 am pacific time so it couldn't hurt to check back in a day or two in case someone finds a mistake.

DON"T USE THE ATTACHMENT IN THIS POST. THERE WAS AN ERROR. SCROLL DOWN TWO REPLYS FOR THE FIXED ONE.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by reeveta; December 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Oh, and feel free to post the link to this entry around the forums so those who want to play can see it.

Administrator

First mistake I noticed was Niedderreiter is available in both the forwards section and the captains section.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks. It is fixed in this post.

Does anyone know how to delete the previous attachment?

EDIT:
    THERE IS ANOTHER ERROR (MISSING RICHARD PANIK) THAT WAS FIXED AND AN UPDATE ENTRY SPREADSHEET IS POSTED ON THE SECOND PAGE OF THIS THREAD.
    Last edited by reeveta; December 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Administrator

I unapproved the attachment. Not sure if that gets rid of it or not though. We'll probably need a third party who isn't a mod to come and confirm that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just downloaded the attachment in Reeveta's 2nd post and Niedderreiter is only listed in the Captains section. I didn't download the one from the 1st post though. If need be I can try that one out too.

EDIT: You can't click the one in the 1st post. It's not active so people can only download the one in the 2nd post.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; December 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I just downloaded the attachment in Reeveta's 2nd post and Niedderreiter is only listed in the Captains section. I didn't download the one from the 1st post though. If need be I can try that one out too.

EDIT: You can't click the one in the 1st post. It's not active so people can only download the one in the 2nd post.
    Solid, thanks for the feedback.

I noticed another issue. Richard Panik was omitted from the Slovakia roster. Pretty important player I think.

I found a bunch of rosters seemingly more up to date than on TSN at Eliteprospects.com.

Slovakia roster here: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1634

Dobber Sports Grand Master

When's the deadline for submission? 26th?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    The deadline is before the drop of the puck for the first game (December 26, 12:30 EST).
    Here you are Dyz.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Here you are Dyz.
    Thanks, probably should have thought to read it again :P

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Thanks, probably should have thought to read it again :P
    Hahaha, yeah probably.

Took a look at it today... man I don't know much about a lot of the guys. Haha. I'm disappointed in myself.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Took a look at it today... man I don't know much about a lot of the guys. Haha. I'm disappointed in myself.
    Great time to learn about them.

Anyhow, will check it out in about 2-3 days if I can remember. This to avoid a "Kugryshev instead of d'Amigo" situation this year... (Yes, I'm still annoyed by it).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I noticed another issue. Richard Panik was omitted from the Slovakia roster. Pretty important player I think.

I found a bunch of rosters seemingly more up to date than on TSN at Eliteprospects.com.

Slovakia roster here: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1634
    I have updated the sheet again to add Panik. Hopefully that is it in terms of important players. In terms of rosters, the below link has them all as well (but wasn't up to date when I made the spreadsheet). Feel free to use the 'write-in' seciton if there is a player you can't find on the pull down menu.

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm20/statistics.html

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If there's any hope of Sentium partaking, I'm thinking that we should start by spelling Niederreiter properly (only one 'd')! haha