Thread: Turco or Leighton in one year league

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Turco or Leighton in one year league

In a one year league with only wins (2 points) / shut out (3 points), who do you keep for the remainder of the season (can't keep both)? The way Crawford and Bob are playing, I just don't know which direction to go. Any thoughts and insights are appreciated.

Dobber Sports Stud

Very tough... the gamble with more upside is Leighton so I'd go there but it could flop.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Ace

Tough call. Full disclosure, I own Turco, so I'm hopeful that Turco is the guy. A buddy of mine who is a Philly fan and follows that situation closely thinks Leighton will be brought back, showcased and then traded. They like Bobrovsky and think Boucher is better suited to be backup. They're also a little ticked because they think Leighton was hiding his back injury before he re-upped.

All I know is this. Flyers have it together this year and whoever is their goalie will be fine.

Can't say the same about the Hawks. I'm a big fan of boots-on-the-ground intelligence and I'm hearing that the Hawks difficulties this year go beyond Turco getting outplayed by Crawford. Sure, the numbers point to that, but there's more to the story.

http://blackhawkup.com/2010/12/15/gr...-on-wednesday/

and this ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2785614.story

and this ...

http://www.examiner.com/chicago-blac...nd-marty-turco

That said, Turco needs to play better than he has. Even he admits that. The big question is, will he? I don't think he can be a game stealer any more, but he can be steady and that's all this team needs when they're on.
    Last edited by Scribe; December 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Novice

Thank you both for your insightful input. I think the deciding factor will be the best deal on the table for either player. Not sold on either unfortunately. Any other input from others?