Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Post your trades here!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Here is one for you....

Phil Kessel and Drew Doughty
    for
    Pat Kane and Roman Hamrlik
    Really! KESSEL AND DOUGHTY! Don't embarrass me like that!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey DM,

Might as well take the opportunity to ask you to elaborate on some prior advice you gave me in a different thread regarding a trade offer I'm struggling with.

I was asking about the following in my points-only keeper: my Briere for his E. Kane.

The situation is this. I'm currently the last of 12, and will be finishing miles away from the contenders. I have a very young core and won't realistically compete for a long time. The two players who should eventually anchor my forwards, Tavares and Seguin, are still a few seasons away from hitting big numbers.

My rationale is Briere will be in decline by the time my team can even hope to compete, so might as well try to trade him now for a young stud while he has value.

Is Evander Kane the right guy to take that gamble on? What do you think his production will be in 2-3 seasons. What are his chances of hitting his upside? Keep in mind, this is points-only so the fact that he might be a multi-cat stud has no relevance for me.

I've been disappointed in what I've been offered for Briere. Other names that were mentioned (by other owners than Kane's) are J. Staal, JvR, Bergeron and Colborne. I think, of that group, Kane is the most interesting for me. Do you agree with that?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hey DM,

Might as well take the opportunity to ask you to elaborate on some prior advice you gave me in a different thread regarding a trade offer I'm struggling with.

I was asking about the following in my points-only keeper: my Briere for his E. Kane.

The situation is this. I'm currently the last of 12, and will be finishing miles away from the contenders. I have a very young core and won't realistically compete for a long time. The two players who should eventually anchor my forwards, Tavares and Seguin, are still a few seasons away from hitting big numbers.

My rationale is Briere will be in decline by the time my team can even hope to compete, so might as well try to trade him now for a young stud while he has value.

Is Evander Kane the right guy to take that gamble on? What do you think his production will be in 2-3 seasons. What are his chances of hitting his upside? Keep in mind, this is points-only so the fact that he might be a multi-cat stud has no relevance for me.

I've been disappointed in what I've been offered for Briere. Other names that were mentioned (by other owners than Kane's) are J. Staal, JvR, Bergeron and Colborne. I think, of that group, Kane is the most interesting for me. Do you agree with that?
    I think if you are realistically rebuilding/re-tooling for a championship run in 2-3 years it makes perfect sense for you to take Evander Kane here. I would say his upside is around Corey Perry, so I would say that's a good comparison to look at here. Danny Briere might be scoring goals and playing well but he doesn't seem to be a stud anymore, to his credit, he performs very well in the playoffs. JVR seems to be the other one to look at here, but I prefer Evander Kane in keeper leagues. I just don't see Briere out producing Evander Kane in the future, you can tell when you watch Kane that he is getting better. Atlanta knows they have a future stud in Kane, who is their future when you look at it.

Again, I see no reason to decline this deal given your situation and the fact that it is a keeper league. Trust me, people will be trying to buy Kane from you in years to come. You'll be glad you made the move.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I did post this one minutes ago in the forum, then read your thread

Points only, details and team in sig

I'm looking to contend for the next couple of seasons. I do own Karlsson and Paajarvi right now. Heris the trick. In our league, we give contracts to the players we draft. Karlsson is signed for the next 6 seasons and Paajarvi for the next 7. I think that these two players will be stars, but I'm looking for players who will help me win the next two or three seasons. I'm looking at different trades scenarios that look like this

Karlsson and Paajarvi for
    Giroux (4 years) and Letang (4 years)

A three teams trade that would see me give
    Karlsson, Paajarvi, Wisniewski (2 years) and Babchuk (1 year) for
    Ryan (5 years), Weber (5 years) and Ehrhoff (2 years)

Which scenario do you like the most?
    Should I stand pat?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I did post this one minutes ago in the forum, then read your thread

Points only, details and team in sig

I'm looking to contend for the next couple of seasons. I do own Karlsson and Paajarvi right now. Heris the trick. In our league, we give contracts to the players we draft. Karlsson is signed for the next 6 seasons and Paajarvi for the next 7. I think that these two players will be stars, but I'm looking for players who will help me win the next two or three seasons. I'm looking at different trades scenarios that look like this

Karlsson and Paajarvi for
    Giroux (4 years) and Letang (4 years)

A three teams trade that would see me give
    Karlsson, Paajarvi, Wisniewski (2 years) and Babchuk (1 year) for
    Ryan (5 years), Weber (5 years) and Ehrhoff (2 years)

Which scenario do you like the most?
    Should I stand pat?

Thanks
    If anything, I would take Giroux and Letang. But honestly, I wouldn't have a problem if you declined both of them.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Next up? Happy to help

Dobber Sports Ace

First off thank you and DY for your replies. There was some good insight and I appreciate it. I'll ask about another two from ya, if you've got the time.

This one has been completed already but Id love your opinion on it. I'm out of the running and looked to stock up for next year so I dealt Frolik, Carle, Coburn and Turco for Parise, khabibulin and a 3rd round pick.

Parise on my team excited me but his cap hit next yr probably won't! And next up, I traded Gonchar and that 3rd and traded it for Oshie and Gilbert.

What do you think of the trades? Parises cap hit? Oshies potential?

Thanks again for this...
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

visnovsky tanguay for backes and robidas. Catergories are for league 1 in signature.
    10 Team H2H points league.
    Skater: G,A=1pt; +/-=.2pt; PIM=.1pt; SHP=.6pt; PPP=.4pt; SOG=.1pt; HIT=.08pt
    Goalie (Min. 3 game Start/wk): W=2pt; L=-.5pt; GA=-.5pt; SV=.1pt; SO=3pt

C: N. Backstrom, M. Koivu, D. Krejci,T.Zajac, M. Granlund
    LW: J. Benn, E. Kane, B. Dubinsky
    RW: J. Voracek, R. Callahan, T. Purcell
    D: E. Karlsson, D. Doughty,, K. Yandle, A. Goligoski, J. Carlson
    G: P. Rinne, A. Lindback, S. Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    First off thank you and DY for your replies. There was some good insight and I appreciate it. I'll ask about another two from ya, if you've got the time.

This one has been completed already but Id love your opinion on it. I'm out of the running and looked to stock up for next year so I dealt Frolik, Carle, Coburn and Turco for Parise, khabibulin and a 3rd round pick.

Parise on my team excited me but his cap hit next yr probably won't! And next up, I traded Gonchar and that 3rd and traded it for Oshie and Gilbert.

What do you think of the trades? Parises cap hit? Oshies potential?

Thanks again for this...
    I think that's a great move for you. Carle, Coburn and Turco have no value going forward IMO. Frolik clearly has upside, but when will he reach it? I would guess 2-3 years at least. Parise is by far the best player in the trade and Oshie was doing very well until he went down with that injury. I have a gut feeling Oshie is going to be a very good players in years to come and Gilbert should be good for about 40 points this year. Parise's cap hit will be quite unfortunate but its worth it for the kind of value he will provide in your league.
    Last edited by dmvincent; December 14, 2010 at 1:41 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Schm9311 View Post
    visnovsky tanguay for backes and robidas. Catergories are for league 1 in signature.
    With HITS and PIM, I would have to say take that deal with Backes and Robidas. Visnovsky and Tanguay won't provide HITS and PIM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey man thanks for the great thread! I have a slight issue coming up as I have Perron and Okposo on my IR and will need to drop or trade two players to get them back on my roster. What is your advice on this for me. My team is in sig below. Thanks man for your time. It is much appreciated!
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    4x4 settings (G ,A, +/-, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV %)
    3C, 6W, 6D, 2G, 12 bench- 3 IR spots

C= R.Getzlaf, J.Toews, E.Malkin
    W=A.Ovechkin, P.Kane, C.Perry, B.Ryan, K.Okposo, J.Eberle
    D=M.Green, Letang, K.Yandle, P.Subban, J.Carlson, D.Phaneuf
    G=T. Rask, S.Varlamov

BC= T.Seguin,M. Perreault, T.Tatar
    BW= Calvert, Z.Boychuck, L.Omark, J.Morin
    BD= B.Smith, S.Elliott
    BG= M.Neuvirth, J.Bernier, A.Lindback, B.Holtby, R.Emery
    FARM= C.Kreider, B.Connolly.
    Draft= #1 Pick overall in 2011 prospects Draft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins21 View Post
    Hey man thanks for the great thread! I have a slight issue coming up as I have Perron and Okposo on my IR and will need to drop or trade two players to get them back on my roster. What is your advice on this for me. My team is in sig below. Thanks man for your time. It is much appreciated!
    Avstin and Tambellini.
    Those are your weak spots.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey guys, I'm back for the afternoon haha.
    Multitasking here, studying for my English exam tomorrow haha. Then I'll be done my first semester in Journalism... wooo lol

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm back! and hogging up your knowledge and thread again... I posted this trade but I'd love your opinion on which one to go for or none at all.

Trade 1... My Edler and a 4th round pick for Erik Johnson and Steve Mason

Trade 2... My Edler and a 3rd round pick for Seguin and Erik Johnson

Trade 3... Seguin, EJ and Backstrom (goalie) for Heatley, Khabibulin and a pick...

What do you think? Take one or stand pat? Thanks and rep for you my friend!
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    I'm back! and hogging up your knowledge and thread again... I posted this trade but I'd love your opinion on which one to go for or none at all.

Trade 1... My Edler and a 4th round pick for Erik Johnson and Steve Mason

Trade 2... My Edler and a 3rd round pick for Seguin and Erik Johnson

Trade 3... Seguin, EJ and Backstrom (goalie) for Heatley, Khabibulin and a pick...

What do you think? Take one or stand pat? Thanks and rep for you my friend!
    Well if this is a salary capped league the trade making the most sense for you would be getting Seguin and Erik Johnson. If you can keep those two then go for it. Would not trade for Mason here, so turn that one down. Make the most sense to me if you take the Seguin deal, the others don't make the same difference to your team. EJ is having a down year but he's too talented to let down like this.