Thread: Spezza

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Spezza

Ok big guy. Tell us. What is with Spezza. I for one do not value players that play like YO-YO's. I dont want 60 poitns one year and 90 the next. I want 75 down the middle. Too hard to trade otherwise. Anyways, does this guys still deserve to be in the top 30?
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Genius

- injured often
    - seemingly disinterested
    - prime linemates
    - big money

Is it fair to wonder if he likes hockey? I find it all pretty sad. He's had every opportunity in the world. One of the top 5 prospects to come along over the past 20 years (I'm referring to his value on the day he was drafted). It makes no sense. His value is in the dumper and it would take a couple of solid seasons for it to bounce back. I can only say that I'm glad someone else struggles with him. There was a day when I would have been happy to get on the Spezza Train, but fortunately it never happened. Perhaps the 10 games he misses due to injury every year, ultimately defines the difference between a Spezza and a true warrior. The warriors manage to find a way to play. Was he a ballerina in a previous life? Ottawa also drafted a 'nurse' from a previous life (for those that remember the infamous Daigle photos).

Sorry. It's pretty hard to say anything nice about this enigmatic super talent.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am also interested to here Dobbers take on what he thinks is wrong with Spezza

Dobber Sports Master

That whole team is playing like garbage. I picked up Spezza this year on a buy-low scenario (bc if he was scoring over a ppg there's no way he's on the market...) and I'm hoping it pans out. He got an assist tonight and made some nifty plays but overall that team is not playing like a unit right now. They show flashes of turning it around, but they need a spark. Not sure what will do it tho.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck