Thread: Meloche Monnex Insurance: Clients Unimportant

I...am your father.

Default Meloche Monnex Insurance: Clients Unimportant

\"An insurance company gives you an umbrella when it\'s sunny and takes it away when it rains\"

How true.
    We always read about how Insurance Company X increased profit for the last quarter by 7% to $4 Kazillion dollars, so this story should come as no surprise:

My wife and her sister were rearended on the 401 last week and I am disgusted by how our insurance company (both ourselves, and my sister-in-law use the same one) handled certain things. Her sister contacted Meloche Monnex (MM) from the collision center in Toronto at nine o\'clock at night, needing a rental car. She was given a phone number to call Enterprise Rent-a-Car - insisting that only Enterprise be called. When they called the number, Enterprise was closed for the evening. Meloche then tried the number themselves with the same result. They then pretty much said \"well, there\'s nothing that we can do, it must be done through Enterprise, you will have to find your own way home\"

Newsflash - there\'s more than one Enterprise location in Toronto. But...I wouldn\'t expect a major insurance company to know this. After all, I\'m sure they don\'t deal with very many collisions in Toronto.

It was a good thing my wife phoned me at 9:47 pm. I was able to find and phone an Enterprise that was ONE block away from them (an \'after hours\' center) and had a car there by 10.

Why the hell couldn\'t MM do that?

Therein lies my disgust. This \'after hours\' location closed at 10pm, so another 15 minutes and my wife and her sister would have had to make other arrangements and...my goodness...wouldn\'t you know it...Meloche would get out of paying for one day of rental! Meanwhile, two women who have never gone through anything like this are stuck in an area that they really aren\'t familiar with - at night (by the way, in this particular area, the crime rate is rather high).

If Meloche Mennox/TD does this to every claim that happens after 7pm across the country, think of all the $40 savings that they would have! They \'play dumb\', so as to avoid footing the bill for the first day of rental, even though they could probably recoup the money from the other guy\'s insurance in many cases!

Just one more petty thing that insurance scam artists do...but Dobber is onto them!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

The last car accident my insurance company stopped paying for our rental vehicle because of some policy or another and Enterprise decided to allow us to drive it for 2 more days until we got all of our insurance details worked out and had another vehicle to drive.

Insurance Company 0 - Enterprise 1

I...am your father.

PS - MM has not responded to repeated emails and they have not returned any of my sister-in-law\'s calls.
    B)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah pretty much par for the course.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Car insurance is no where near as bad as health insurance in the US. I pay just under 27k for health ins. a year. I got injured real bad in an accident, spent a ton of time off work but recieved a decent size settlement from the person\'s auto insurance. Since my health insurance put out so much money in hospital bills and doctors visits the heard I got a settlemtn and took some of that money. I recieved about 125k but the insurance took 19k of it to cover their out of pocket expenses.......I thought thats what I paid a premium for. I am fighting them now to try and get that money back. I don\'t understand how they are allowed to do that. What is the insurance even for if I have to pay for the bills anyhow?????? Canada you don\'t have to pay health insurance right?
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

I...am your father.

No, it\'s a part of all of our taxes. Thank goodness...

Dobber Sports Expert

flyers9327 wrote:
    Car insurance is no where near as bad as health insurance in the US. I pay just under 27k for health ins. a year. I got injured real bad in an accident, spent a ton of time off work but recieved a decent size settlement from the person\'s auto insurance. Since my health insurance put out so much money in hospital bills and doctors visits the heard I got a settlemtn and took some of that money. I recieved about 125k but the insurance took 19k of it to cover their out of pocket expenses.......I thought thats what I paid a premium for. I am fighting them now to try and get that money back. I don\'t understand how they are allowed to do that. What is the insurance even for if I have to pay for the bills anyhow?????? Canada you don\'t have to pay health insurance right?
    what happened to you with your health insurance is part of federal US law to prevent people from being compensated twice for the same act. Since you received money from a settlement, your insurance company is not legally obligated to pay your expenses a \"second\" time. If you had not received money in a settlement, then your insrance would have covered you. There is very little chance of you being able to get your money back, this is a well established part of the law and thousands of settlements are claimed by insurance companies like this per year.

In Canada, we do pay a significant amount in taxes for our health insurance.

Automobile insurance overall is a huge scam, it\'s all about maximizing profits, and it never surprises me when insurance companies act like thugs and sleazebags.